Status
Not open for further replies.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Got myself a Smoktech 4 ml tank. Didn't use the Carto that came with because of what I had read about the small hole so used a Boge. THe vape was wonderful even if it was Strawberry...Interesting taste....but I will do some more. But back to the issue at hand.

I thought I would change the carto so that I wouldn't have any "flavour creep" and save the carto for my next bout with Strawberry. WHen I changed the carto, filled the tank screwed it to the battery I got nothing but air. I've tried reloading, primed the cart, made sure the holes were in the tank not hidden by the plugs AND Yes I checked the "O" rings to make certain I had not damaged them when I changed the carto which did not appear damaged.

Ant ideas anyone?

bassworm

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
yeah, happened to me with a smok tech carto in a lil mamma tank. has something to do with how they are vented from my understanding, the boge stainless steel i swapped in worked without much issue , the new smoke tek carto worked fine, when I asked the owner of the local shop he said he got a batch of the smok tek cartos that had an issue with the connecting pin ( i cant remember if it was too short or to long, i think it was a bit to short ) and that was causing the airy vape.

hope that helps...

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Okay I'm sure I did this last night anyway here is the latest update:

4 ml tank - sucking air:
Was talking to SloHand who suggested that first question was contact between Carto and battery. There wasn't, and I wasn't even aware at the time this was an issue until he asked the question. So I found a paperclip and pulled the pin in the Carto. Obviously didn't do a good job because there are still air issues. Saw a thread somewhere about that.

4 ml tank - vaping a potato:
Did not resolve the issue but found the culprit, the Cartomizer. This was discovered by dis-assembling the tank (saved the Juice) and vaping the carto - "naked". A little better but still a tough suck. I'll have to discuss with my supplier, but first will search the board

Thanks for the assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread