The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SmokTek and Bridgeless atty's on Reos

Discussion in 'REO (All Models)' started by tonyorion, Feb 9, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tonyorion

tonyorion Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2010
    Michigan
    I have two Mini's and a Grand and absolutely love them, but I am running a bit low on atty's (LR 510 and LR306 depending on my juice).

There is a special on SmokTeks from China at $3/each with free shipping over $99.
    Have a few questions:

1) How good are the SmokTek atty's in terms of longevity and performance?
    2) Do they work on Reo's? There were some issues with poor contact due to the thread depth. The SmokTeks seem to be a bit longer.
    3) Has anyone tried the bridgeless attys on their Reo's? Would there be any advantage/disadvantage?

Thanks

2. washvap

washvap Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2011
    wa
    1. I personally have never used Smoktech atties but, if you are buying from China. Then it's better to get genuine Joye atties that do perform better. I'm guessing that they can be compared to Bauways. Which do not perform that well since the TH and flavor is dismal at best. Longevity is awful since it only lasted me 3 days.

2. They'll definitely work on REO's. The only way that they won't is if the connection pin is sealed. If there is a problem with them making a connection with the center pin. Then you can always pull the posts out on the atomizer a bit with a paper clip.

Although, if you overdo it then this can create another issue. Since if it makes to much of a contact then it can short the mod and make the spring collapse.

3. There's no advantage to using a bridgeless atomizer IMO. It doesn't give it better flavor or any type of improvement in it's performance. The disadvantage is that it won't hold as much juice and you will have to squonk more often then you would with a de-wicked atomizer.

Congrats on getting your REO's and don't hesitate to visit the REO sub-forum sometimes. There might be some REOnauts that have used Smoketech atties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.