Status
Not open for further replies.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I am so excited! My black Reo Grand has shipped and I should have it in hand by Tuesday. My batteries are already here and charging and I have a good supply of my favorite juices standing by. My question now is, which attomizer to try first. These are what I have on hand...

HH.357 (standard length)
AERO 510 Bridgeless
Cisco Spec 306 1.8 ohm
Cisco Spec 510 1.8 ohm
smoktek 510 1.7 ohm
IKV 510 LR Cannon 2.0 ohm

and some cartos...

Boge 510 LR
C.C.V. Mega LR 1.7

If it helps at all my favorite vapes are mostly sweet and minty. I have heard people say that they prefer higher ohms for sweeter juices. I have also read that adding an o-ring over they atty at the catch cup is helpful to reduce leaking and help perfomace so I plan to get some of those as well.

I know this has been discussed to death but its hard to keep all of the different discussion threads organized so I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks!

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
LOL, you don't need the o-ring. :)

I think the easiest ones that you have on the list are the Boge 2ohm cartos and the Cisco 510. The cartos can be filled by squonking, and there is a fair amount of leeway between flooded and dry.

The 510 atomizer should be primed (about 7-8 drops), then squonk to refill. You can check your squonking on a 510 visually. Just squeeze gently until you see juice just begin to appear at the holes in the catch cup. Release, and the juice will disappear. It is then ready for 5-7 hits.

Last edited:

Streptile

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Just squeeze gently until you see juice just begin to appear at the holes in the catch cup. Release, and the juice will disappear. It is then ready for 5-7 hits.

Hi mlinky,

Does this mean that we should "squonk" (feed liquid up into the carto or atty by gently sqeezing the bottle) after every 5-7 hits?

Thank you for any advice :)

Roland

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Hi mlinky,

Does this mean that we should "squonk" (feed liquid up into the carto or atty by gently sqeezing the bottle) after every 5-7 hits?

Thank you for any advice :)

Roland

Every 5-7 hits is for an atomizer. The carto holds a lot of juice, so 15-20 hits maybe? ymmv.

Thanks for pointing that out. I clarified my original post. :)

wood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
edmonton
pretty close
its gonna vary from person to person , and squonk size and puff size and heat of atty but thats a good starting point
generally or as soon as tase and vapor start to decrease u will taste and feel the difference when its time for a squonk and find your perfect number , the best it to find out when that point is when it gets a little bad tasting or weak and minus one hit then u can avoid running anything dry and your atty will last longer

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Try them all! :p

The HH .357 is primed with unflavored PG/VG juice. You can blow it out by putting your lips to the threaded end of the atty and then blow gently, using a paper towel to catch the juice from the other end. Never blow through the other end on an HH .357 and never allow it to completely dry out.

The Smok Tech atty may have primer in it. Blow it out, soak it in alcohol, or steam clean it before use.

All attys should be well primed before use when they're brand new and after being cleaned. My method is to slip a carto condom over the threaded end of the atty, stand it upright on the threaded end, and then drip juice in to it till it's almost full. Give it 10 minutes or more for the juice to fully saturate the wick. When you pull the carto condom off, it will pull the excess juice from the atty. Dry the threaded end with a paper towel, put it on your Reo and start vaping.

Fill your cartos with the condom method and give them 10 minutes or more, too, before you start vaping from them.

Every time you try a new atty or carto for the first time, I'd suggest you start with a freshly charged battery, so you'll have a solid idea for how it vapes when you swap batteries.

Cartos work great on Reos, but if you squonk too often, the juice will cause the filler to swell, restricting airflow through the center tube, and then you'll cuss.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
When you say to leave the bottom condom on and fill with juice and let soak, could you use unflavored VG for that instead of wasting juice? I have a small battery box mod for tasting juices and that is the only place I use an atty, I use cartos on my REO.

The HH .357 is the only atty you want to keep wet when it's not being used. Unflavored VG would be fine.

With other attys, I use the carto condom/flood technique to prepare them for usage. It's just one way of making sure I don't scorch the wick. If I remember correctly, I read this tip from one of MWA's posts.

rustybikes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2011
Concord, NC
I've been using one of the Smoktek 510 1.7Ω atties on my Mini for just over 2 weeks now, and it's still going strong. Very nice vapour volume and the best flavour I've ever gotten from my juice. Love these atties.

For the record, this is with Dekang RY4 mixed at 90/10 PG/VG (my daily-vape). Using AW IMR batts, FWIW.

Otherwise, my experience is very much in-line with what mlinky said - I've felt no need for the O-ring trick, and I get 5-7 hits between squonks.

Congrats on your new REO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread