Not open for further replies.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
General background:
I have problems with headaches and sinus problems. I have always been a flavor-flitter. Now, my preferred flavor profile is away from throat hit. I have a chocolate mix which is great. I have 22 different mixes going, but I am trying to weed some of them out.

Flavor profiles:
tobacco, which I don't particularly like. Pomegranate, root beer, peach yogurt, pina colada, cranberry honey, chocolate, blueberry, honey graham, cinnamon, strawberry yogurt, cappuccino, biscuit, blueberry muffin, pineapple, raspberry, key lime pie, floral, doughnut, spiced cider, pumpkin spice, mango, sugar cookie.

What needs to be tossed or mixed into a dump bottle?

Reactions: BrotherBob

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm a little confused by your post. :blink:

I get that you have headaches and sinus problems. Are you saying these issues started when you began vaping? Or worse since you began DIY? I'm not clear on this point.

If you think certain flavoring agents might contribute to your headaches and sinus problems, that certainly could be the case. But to ask us as a vape community which flavors to toss is not a fair request, IMHO. Only you have the specific sensitivity or allergy to a particular flavor. You must make the choice.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I'm a little confused by your post. :blink:

I get that you have headaches and sinus problems. Are you saying these issues started when you began vaping? Or worse since you began DIY? I'm not clear on this point.

If you think certain flavoring agents might contribute to your headaches and sinus problems, that certainly could be the case. But to ask us as a vape community which flavors to toss is not a fair request, IMHO. Only you have the specific sensitivity or allergy to a particular flavor. You must make the choice.
Allergy to housedust. However, you make a good point. Perhaps I ought to stay with one flavor per day, to see which ones might be problematic.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I'd probably eliminate anything using cinnamon or citrus first. I developed a sensitivity to some flavors a while back and those two were first to go.

Another idea is to vape unflavored for a bit then re-introduce the flavors at maybe half strength so the elimination process isn't as uncomfortable.

For me it's seasonal - I can vape many more flavors when winter breaks. Maybe I'm swapping one set of allergies for another! Good luck getting back to a smooth vape!

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
General background:
I have problems with headaches and sinus problems. I have always been a flavor-flitter. Now, my preferred flavor profile is away from throat hit. I have a chocolate mix which is great. I have 22 different mixes going, but I am trying to weed some of them out.
Flavor profiles:
Tobacco, which I don't particularly like. Pomegranate, root beer, peach yogurt, pina colada, cranberry honey, chocolate, blueberry, honey graham, cinnamon, strawberry yogurt, cappuccino, biscuit, blueberry muffin, pineapple, raspberry, key lime pie, floral, doughnut, spiced cider, pumpkin spice, mango, sugar cookie.
What needs to be tossed or mixed into a dump bottle?
It's hard to predict if one vape element is producing your symptoms or several/combinations.You may want to try different combinations of possible culprits to eliminate suspects.
Process of elimination example:
PG only, VG only, PG and VG only, PG + NIc, VG + Nic . From here, (assuming no symptoms were detected) you may want to introduce one flavor to your standard base.
Might want to read:
Allergies, Conditions and E-Liquid - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety
Section: V5 Intolerance of......:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I would say the best place to start is to reduce the nicotine content in these mixes. Nicotine is always the most likely culprit with headaches related to vaping. If you feel a slight buzz followed by a headache then there you go.
Less Nicotine also helps with harshness.

• Informative
Reactions: IDJoel

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I would say the best place to start is to reduce the nicotine content in these mixes. Nicotine is always the most likely culprit with headaches related to vaping. If you feel a slight buzz followed by a headache then there you go.
Less Nicotine also helps with harshness.
LOL! At 3mg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread