R151432-1-99397b16b1e84581a1860b742f76722dA.jpg

Chocolate Swirl Greek Cheesecake

FA Cheesecake Olympus 2.5%
WF Vanilla Cream Extra 1.25%
FW White Cake 2.5%
FA Graham Crust 1.5%
WF Crumble Topping 1%
VTA Dark Chocolate 1.25%

Suggested steep time = 4 weeks. Bakery and cream flavors dictate the steep time.

Usually, the flavor profile of cheesecakes lies in between sweet and sour. Some New York cheesecakes use sour cream in the recipe. This adds an extra sour flavor to the pastry. I did not want that sour note in mine.

For my recipe I wanted a cheesecake that came closest to a sweeter tasting Greek cheesecake. I wanted the cheesecake note to be more mellow and milder. That's where FA Cheesecake Olympus comes into play. I had a conversation with Flavour Art Italy and learned the cheese note in FA CO closely resembles that of a Greek glykia myzithra (sweet myzithra). Myzithra cheese is rich with a silky creaminess and a fairly light tangy note.

I am very impressed with FA Cheesecake Olympus. It's an excellent cheesecake flavor with no off notes. I felt it needed to be paired with another cream. WF VCE was the perfect choice. Together they make a pleasing cheesecake. WF VCE adds a vanilla note found in a classic Greek cheesecake.

FW White Cake adds a slight cakey texture to my cheesecake. FA Graham Crust combined with WF Crumble Topping make a wonderful crust.

For the chocolate swirl I chose VTA Dark Chocolate. I wanted a light tasting chocolate swirl, one that would not change my cheesecake into an all out chocolate cheesecake. 1.25% VTA DC worked perfectly for the swirl. WF VCE helps in making the chocolate note something less than a straight-up dark chocolate.

When vaping this mix the creamy cheesecake is out front followed by the cakey crust. The chocolate swirl is experienced on the backside. It's tasty.

A fruit (or two) could be added to the recipe without mucking up the mix. A blueberry, raspberry or strawberry. Or even tropical fruits... like a banana, kiwi, mango, orange, pineapple etc. I would suggest going with a light touch percentage-wise. Doing so will leave the cheesecake as intended without drowning it out.

Any of the above fruits will work nicely with chocolate. Drop VTA Dark Chocolate for a blank cheesecake canvas with which to add other desired flavors.

ETA: Ooooops!!! Forgot to give credit to my youngest daughter. This was a collaboration. She took the lead. Kiddo is getting good with DIY. :greengrin:

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
FA olympus cc is the bomb and so usefull. I add it low 0.5-1% to boost mouthfeel in many recipes. When using it low you don't get cheesecake notes but maintains that lovely non-cloying mouthfeel.

Good to know. I haven't used it low yet. But I will be!!!

Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread