Status
Not open for further replies.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
I just picked up the god 180 mod and threw on my plume veil with a single verticle coil 26g at .55 ohms. Its vapes great up until 70+ watts after 70 it just taste burnt even tho the cotton is saturated and the well is full. Any input would be appreciated thanks

Turn it down?

Some people like the taste of Napalm in the morning.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I just picked up the god 180 mod and threw on my plume veil with a single verticle coil 26g at .55 ohms. Its vapes great up until 70+ watts after 70 it just taste burnt even tho the cotton is saturated and the well is full. Any input would be appreciated thanks

Heat. It's both your friend and an enemy.

Here's what's happening. Above 70 watts, regardless of how much juice you have on that wick, it's burning the e-liquid that is in direct contact with the coil.

At those power levels, there's not a lot you can do besides experimenting with different coil designs to see what works at certain power levels, and what doesn't.

You don't need to run the volume at 11 all the time.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yeah... I've been thinking about getting a regulated mod (with more wattage than my Tesla makes)... But I find anything over 120 useless and excessive... I mean, even with a deep-sub-ohm 0.15 coil in a mech mod, it's only pushing around 117W... and quite honestly, that's a bit much for most juices. 60-80W seems to be my normal on the mechs... I imagine it'd be about the same on a regulated mod, just with different coil resistances...

rodeo302

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2014
Minnesota
I have the Zeus box it's got the raptor 120 chip in it and I can't crack it over about 100 watts because nothing will wick fast enough for it you might be able to get away with building your coil low in the juice well and filling it up until the coil is submerged then crank it up until it's low then fill it up and fire it again, I'm not 100% sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread