smy god 180 gross taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
I dont understand where everyone saying turn the wattage down is coming from. Ive vaped 80+ watts on a mech plenty of times. Ive figued it out anyways thanks to x-puppy I built a dual coil at .8 and can vape 80 watts comfortably.

I find when vaping high wattage you need to use thicker wire to build your coils because they ramp up slower due to the amount of metal your trying to heat up. High wattage mods are aimed towards the cloud chasers that build with 24,22,20 gauge wire which use a greater amount of power to get going. If you want to vape higher wattage build heavier coils and you won't be scorching your juice or wicks as fast but will still get the benefit of heat which gives you flavor and because the thicker wire creates a wider heating platform you will get more vapor production as well the downside to this is battery drains quicker and you will go through more juice and will be dripping more often. Good luck

ProfessorCloud

Nov 18, 2014
Instead of .55ohm from a single 26ga coil try a more robust build. Dual parallel dual coil 26ga around a 3.18mm post for 15 wraps. It'll be .56ohm and over ten times the surface area. I'd encourage a 26650 Atty with a lot of airflow too.

Now for some science calculated from steamengine. Your coil is at 1127mW/m² of heat flux I usually vape around 150 to 170mW/m² my mech mod with quad coil 24ga 7 wraps around a 14ga needle at .16 ohm is 110w at 158mW/m².

The build I posted on top should get a heat flux literally the same as the wattage +/-1 depending on range. I have it sitting in a mutation xl and I can fire it on a mech in about 12 seconds. It isn't a feasible build until 120w+ so your god mod should be able to use the full potential.

If it won't fit try 22ga dual coil 17 wraps around a 3.18mm post. Should get you around the same performance just less surface area immediately touching the wick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread