Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
?Good morning? snails.

Where....where...where are we?

It looks mostly the same...but different too.
I've heard stories, mostly in science fiction, about entire towns being captured, and transported, to another location....

(looks around cautiously)

Hmmmmmm........

Well, at least this place, wherever it is, has excellent steakhouse reviews. Can't be all bad. :D
I'll "go with it". Don't really have much choice anyway.
I wonder if this planet has less meteors.....

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
?Good morning? snails.

Where....where...where are we?

It looks mostly the same...but different too.
I've heard stories, mostly in science fiction, about entire towns being captured, and transported, to another location....

(looks around cautiously)

Hmmmmmm........

Well, at least this place, wherever it is, has excellent steakhouse reviews. Can't be all bad. :D
I'll "go with it". Don't really have much choice anyway.
I wonder if this planet has less meteors.....

how true ;) and on a sad side note - ecf just hung for me, lol

morning, atty sunshine!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Thanks for the excellent reviews Stone.

I'm convinced that it's THE STEAK that's different these days. Of course, I could be wrong and it's the AttyPops that's different. OK, maybe both.

Hard to find a good steak for at-home cooking these days. It's a shame. Got to go to a butcher outside of a market. Not that you shouldn't anyway (better meat) but rather, you used to be able to find decent beef with good flavor everywhere. :/

Of course, the aged steaks at a steakhouse are great. :) Around here we have the wood-fired grill type ones, as well as the ?salamander? types.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Thanks for the excellent reviews Stone.

I'm convinced that it's THE STEAK that's different these days. Of course, I could be wrong and it's the AttyPops that's different. OK, maybe both.

Hard to find a good steak for at-home cooking these days. It's a shame. Got to go to a butcher outside of a market. Not that you shouldn't anyway (better meat) but rather, you used to be able to find decent beef with good flavor everywhere. :/

Of course, the aged steaks at a steakhouse are great. :) Around here we have the wood-fired grill type ones, as well as the ?salamander? types.
I agree with you. I've heard that we amateur home cooks would benefit from aging steaks in our refrigerator, which sounds all great until you realize it means having raw meat hanging out in there for weeks without being wrapped in some sort of plastic. I'm tempted and repulsed at the same time...and that's when I go out for the steak instead :D

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
morning, ces!

and i see wiz' thread has escaped ...... so far ;)

Tib...we are ahead of the game in here...doing this all manually, one thread at a time.
Quityerpotstirringirlfren ! :D It will be officially announced in a few days. :facepalm:

And Good Morning in here :)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Alton Brown did an episode that included aging a steak in the fridge. I tried it...once.

Was "ok". Not sure it was worth the risk for at-home steaks. I decided that the best thing (not the only thing, but the best one so far) is to wait until those whole wet-packed tenderloins are on sale. I once got tenderloin at 3.99 per pond that way. Will probably never see that price again. :(

Sure, you have to drop 30 to 40 or even 50 bucks all at once. But...it's filet! And you get several meals. I froze some (I know, I know, but it was still good later and the tail makes great stroganoff 'n such).

Little need to dry age it. It's "wet aged" already so it's acceptable. I wait until it's near the "sell by" date. That's when it's rotted aged to perfection without spoiling. :D

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Tib...we are ahead of the game in here...doing this all manually, one thread at a time.
Quityerpotstirringirlfren ! :D It will be officially announced in a few days. :facepalm:

And Good Morning in here :)

kicking_dirt-10205B15D.gif
caught out again! :lol:

morning, classy! ;)

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
good morning Stone...thanks - this thing is really something else, my lungs hurt !

prepare yourself - 4 days of the flu last january were followed by at least 4 weeks of misery ...........
not sure i could have done a regular 40hr work week during that time. it seems the flu's after-effects are really lingering lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread