Not open for further replies.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Good morning :)

Tibs, we had 7 new laptop computers for the course this year and IT cloned 6 of them from the first one. There were a couple of small issues with verification of windows software, but windows 7 can be cloned. I don't know what program was used though, so this probably isn't much help.

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
Easier cloning livestock:blink::laugh:

To be sure! :laugh:

ghost is not much recommended anymore - acronis or macri-something seems to be top choice. but i can't find any info on the basics, lol
i've talked to a national data recovery service, they tell me to keep them as a last resort as long as i don't get strange noises from the drive i can try on my own first.
ralphie must be very busy - no answer to my fb message

I have Acronis that I've been using for backups... but I haven't delved into everything it can do.

My problem with new software is that I only learn it enough to do what I want to do at the moment... I'm sure eventually I'll learn how to use Acronis for restoration/cloning. :p

Good morning, CES!!

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
Easier cloning livestock:blink::laugh:

did acronis come with a start-up cd or did you have to make your own?

as I recall, I made my own. I downloaded the software (after purchase). I think they offered to send a CD for a nominal fee, but if they did I didn't opt for it.

(impatient kitty)

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
as I recall, I made my own. I downloaded the software (after purchase). I think they offered to send a CD for a nominal fee, but if they did I didn't opt for it.

(impatient kitty)

that's where there is so little info ...... sigh
i wouldn't dare download with the compromised system and the license is for one pc only ....

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
Good morning Whiskey, Tibs, and Deej

I'd have stayed with XP for the course if i could have- we just didn't have enough time to wipe and reinstall XP and then clone the OS. (My work and laptop computers are XP- and I'll keep it as long as i can)

I run XP on 2 machines, and 7 on the other 2. I quite like some of the things in 7, but networking it with the XP machines can sometimes be a royal pain in the tail...

that's where there is so little info ...... sigh
i wouldn't dare download with the compromised system and the license is for one pc only ....

I'll futz around with Acronis after I get back to my primary machine and see what all I can dig up for you.

btw - when ecf lags it doesn't make a bit of difference if you're opening a 150k thread or one with 2 pages ...

No kidding!

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
And if Jerry stops by.............

Happy birthday, JERRY!!!!!!!!!!!