Snap, Crackle and Pop

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanR

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2018
Someplace in SC
I've never had this happen to me, and I've been vaping now for 2 years. Tonight, I'm sitting down, pour in some new juice over a new coil, hit the fire button and there's that noise, snap,, crackle and pop. Release the button and it stop. Change batteries, and still the same thing. So what is going on?

alvitae

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Oregon Usa
Popping can certainly be a mystery. I'm using two devices at the moment. An rda and a rdta. Both built with the same coils (ss stapled claptons) and both wicked the same with the same material. The RDA is quiet, the rdta crackles so loud it wakes up "She Who Must be Obeyed" when I vape in bed and that is not a good or safe thing to do...

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've never minded the snap, crackle and pop thingy. Other than the noise it makes it doesn't degrade my vape experience unless I want to stealth vape.

What I've found is the noise reduces as I reduce the power in a given setup, stuff more wick into the coil(s), or just let it pop for a while and let the coil(s) get gunked a bit.

PG/VG mix may affect this too, but it's been too long since I've experimented with different mixes to be able to give an opinion of what is better for this.

Best of luck with it :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Tonight, I'm sitting down, pour in some new juice over a new coil, hit the fire button and there's that noise, snap,, crackle and pop.
Back in the day, I remember hearing those sounds and it meant I was vaping on a perfectly primed cartomizer. :wub:

The other night my clearomizer mimicked the same sounds and it brought back stimulating memories.

tumblr_nh7rr4QJyw1u5oh1vo1_500.png

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
My thought on this is that since both PG and VG are hygroscopic, a coil that has been used and is sitting for a bit will either pull the moisture from the air or condensation from the inside of the chamber. Since PG and VG have a different temp at what they vaporize than water, I think its the water that is causing the popping and snapping. Just a thought, probably wrong, but a thought nonetheless.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread