Snickerdoodle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchest02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Muskegon, MI
I've been doing some hunting on the interwebs, and found that Str8 was selling his own juice line through nu-vapor, but no one has heard from him since August. Evidently when hurricane Sandy came through last year his house was hit pretty hard, and he has had a hard time recovering. I'm sure both of the recipes I linked to came from his personal line of juice. For those that are interested it's called Str8's juice bar.

Str8 was a great contributor here, but unfortunately he doesn't come here anymore. I wish I had found out about him way before I did, he was a genius.

(Str8v8ping, if you ever read this, THANK YOU!)

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I mixed some of this up yesterday, and am really enjoying it! I didn't have the CAP gingerbread, so I just left that out. Also, I used some CAP van. custard instead of vanillin (I like it better for creamy vanilla flavor). I think someone mentioned that they thought the CDS and vanilla dominated it, and I agree. I think next time I'm going to try bringing the butter and cookie forward more.

BTW, there's a nice raspberry cream cheese danish recipe by STR8 around here somewhere. I changed some of the numbers, and used blueberry instead of raspberry. It's something I still use occasionally. It's actually really good, but I get tired of fruit flavors pretty quickly.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I mixed some of this up yesterday, and am really enjoying it! I didn't have the CAP gingerbread, so I just left that out. Also, I used some CAP van. custard instead of vanillin (I like it better for creamy vanilla flavor). I think someone mentioned that they thought the CDS and vanilla dominated it, and I agree. I think next time I'm going to try bringing the butter and cookie forward more.

BTW, there's a nice raspberry cream cheese danish recipe by STR8 around here somewhere. I changed some of the numbers, and used blueberry instead of raspberry. It's something I still use occasionally. It's actually really good, but I get tired of fruit flavors pretty quickly.

This is not a slam but this is why Str8 quit posting here. He worked very hard tweaking his recipes through trial and error and hated it when people changed the recipe.

Bryan lord

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2013
Ct
www.blendsbybryce.com
Lol well that's kind of ridiculous...what if someone's missing an ingredient? What if instead of whipped cream they have Bavarian? Should they just not make anything? I can see if I went around saying MY version is better because I used 6% instead of 12% how that would upset someone but if you post a recipe on a public forum people are going to play around with it.

-Lord

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Over time my tastes have moved toward less flavor. If he posts a recipe that goes over 20% I'm definitely going to cut the amounts. If I don't have some of the flavors, I'm going to make substitutions. If that hurts his feelings, it's his problem, not mine. If he's that sensitive about his creations, he probably shouldn't have shared them here in the first place. Tweaking recipes is what happens around here.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Over time my tastes have moved toward less flavor. If he posts a recipe that goes over 20% I'm definitely going to cut the amounts. If I don't have some of the flavors, I'm going to make substitutions. If that hurts his feelings, it's his problem, not mine. If he's that sensitive about his creations, he probably shouldn't have shared them here in the first place. Tweaking recipes is what happens around here.

if you read my earlier comment, I said this is not a slam just an explanation. of course we tweak recipes. that's a given. and its the last I have to say about it. lol

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
So I mixed up a batch of this. Didn't have any FW sugar cookie so used TFA cinn sugar cookie. It may be a little heavy on the cinnamon but that's ok with me. I like cinnamon in my liquids.

Cap Cinnamon Danish Swirl 8%
TFA Ginger Bread 6%
TFA Cinnamon Sugar Cookie 6%
Hangsen Vanilla 2%
Cap Butter 2%

Wanted to put in more HS vanilla because its the best I have found but held out this round. Got it in the ultrasonic and will post my initial thoughts in a couple days. I should be able to make a decent evaluation since before DIY I was vaping Ms Ts Snickerdoodle daily and I have been using Str8 version 1 for the past several months.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
I would of left the mad scientist alone, and not put my renditions and tweaks to his formulas on the same thread as his..
I hope he is doing OK these days...
He was one of a bunch of juice chefs that graduated from here... There are still a bunch here though, and Special Thanks are in order to all of you who are helping all the wannabees out, including my self ! A little guidance goes a long way..

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Yeah, I guess I could see him getting irritated if it was in his thread. Personally, I wouldn't care. I didn't take your explanation as a slam john333. Anyway, I'm done with it too.

I just got some CAP gingerbread in today... looking forward to comparing the original recipe with what I've been vaping lately. I did it without gingerbread, and in my latest one I used CAP vanilla cupcake instead of the vanillin. I've been vaping this a lot lately. I need to hurry up and get it dialed in so I can mix up a really big bottle of it.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I tried my mix and have to say it is fairly awful. It has a bad after taste from the gingerbread. Not sure if it needs a longer steep or what. But, this could all be my fault. I remember a few weeks ago I spilled my bottle of gingerbread and scooped it back up with a couple of vendor business cards. I probably tainted it. On the other hand, if anyone is having the same experience please let me know.

I tried my mix and have to say it is fairly awful. It has a bad after taste from the gingerbread. Not sure if it needs a longer steep or what. But, this could all be my fault. I remember a few weeks ago I spilled my bottle of gingerbread and scooped it back up with a couple of vendor business cards. I probably tainted it. On the other hand, if anyone is having the same experience please let me know.

hey John..
I made the recipe exactly as it was written….then UC`d it for 3hrs….by the next day,I was getting mostly cinnamon Danish flavor….forward another 4 days….PERFECT snickerdoodle !!

hopefully,if you wait it out,your`s will come around :thumbs:

Pretty new to all the short hand on here, what is CAP? My roommate is wanting a snickerdoodle flavor and I have no clue what they're supposed to even taste like(can't eat them)... So trying to figure out a good game plan to make her stop being sad at me...

:2c: I`ve made just about every Str8v8ping recipe I could find on these pages. IMO the guy was/is a master chef in the e-juice field

Wherever you are, thanks Str8v8ping :toast:

CAP is short for Capella….Capella Flavor Drops - Over 75+ Water Soluble Concentrated Flavorings

Here`s another place to get CAP flavors, along with the FW sugar cookie you`ll need for this recipe…..https://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-flavor-extracts.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread