Not open for further replies.

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I tried my mix and have to say it is fairly awful. It has a bad after taste from the gingerbread. Not sure if it needs a longer steep or what. But, this could all be my fault. I remember a few weeks ago I spilled my bottle of gingerbread and scooped it back up with a couple of vendor business cards. I probably tainted it. On the other hand, if anyone is having the same experience please let me know.

I tried it with and without the gingerbread, and I definitely like it better without. I assumed that I was being influenced by the fact that I was already used to it without though. (I vaped it for about a week before I got some gingerbread in the mail).

Bryan lord

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2013
Ct
www.blendsbybryce.com
First couples days all I taste is CDS. After that it's def gingerbread. I like it pretty well though. Let My friend try it and he said it was awful.

Maybe a but of EM or sweetener. Possibly tfa smooth would town down the ginger bread too but I'm 99.99% sure str8 forgot more stuff about mixing than I know.

-Lord

Slipstitch

Nov 12, 2013
St. Louis, MO
:2c: I`ve made just about every Str8v8ping recipe I could find on these pages. IMO the guy was/is a master chef in the e-juice field

Wherever you are, thanks Str8v8ping :toast:

CAP is short for Capella….Capella Flavor Drops - Over 75+ Water Soluble Concentrated Flavorings

Here`s another place to get CAP flavors, along with the FW sugar cookie you`ll need for this recipe…..https://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-flavor-extracts.html

Thank you, very much ^_^ I'm looking forward to turning roomie into a guinea pig

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Another place to get Capellas is High Desert Ecigs. (They call it 'Ellas' there). I like that they offer 3ml bottles of flavors for $1.99. It's nice to be able to test out new flavors with very little investment. It's not not a great deal when you count the cost per ml, but it seems like I end up really liking only like half of the flavors that I buy, so it's nice not having to buy a big bottle.

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I feel we have the right flavors, just need the right percentages. There's a good cookie in here somewhere. Anyone off hand remember Str8 talking about steep times. Seems I remember him saying V2 needs a month? I'll look it up.

a few days steep was all he mentioned. when looking at the original thread I noticed the V1 recipe was different than the one I have been using. not sure how that came about. its too early, getting ready for work and just confusing myself lol.

Last edited:

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I tried my mix and have to say it is fairly awful. It has a bad after taste from the gingerbread. Not sure if it needs a longer steep or what. But, this could all be my fault. I remember a few weeks ago I spilled my bottle of gingerbread and scooped it back up with a couple of vendor business cards. I probably tainted it. On the other hand, if anyone is having the same experience please let me know.

15 days of steeping and the flavor has improved. still it is more of a gingerbread flavor than snickerdoodle. at times it is quite good but the gingerbread aftertaste still drags it down from vape to vape. actually reminds me more of a custard flavor. I think the ginger has it place in this recipe but at a much lower percent.

Bryan lord

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2013
Ct
www.blendsbybryce.com
Right now I'm mixing version 1 and 2 and I like it the best this way.

Also I'm finding me and str8 have very different tastes, every recipe of his I've made needs like 4% sweetener. Without the added sweets I havnt really liked many of his recipes. Also they all def have room to be modified and improved in my opinion.

But for the snicker doodle, try mixing version 1 and 2. One taste like gingerbread and the other is very nutty.

-Lord

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Ok Lord, I think we need our own recipe swap thread because - apparently- we like the same things LOL. I do have a lot of my recipes here - same user name : e-Liquid Calculator

And My SnickerDoodle: (Tricci - I do 60-80% VG myself and these flavors and percentages carry well. I use .9 saline or distilled water to thin the VG and PG based Nic and Flavors only - so maybe upping the flavors just a teensy smidgen would translate for you)

Nicotine juice 48 mg
12.5%

PG dilutant
0.55%

VG dilutant
75%

Graham Cracker (TPA)
2%

Butter (TPA)
2%

Vanilla Cupcake (TPA)
5%

Cinnamon Sugar Cookie (TPA)
8%

White Chocolate (TPA)
5%

Bryan lord

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2013
Ct
www.blendsbybryce.com
I checked out your recipes on there and they look really good. Gonna try your vanilla bacco, custard and snickerdoodle. How long have you been DIYIng? I kinda just started but I went big, I have around 100 flavors already. I like desert vapes mostly with a lot of sweetener. 3-5% sweetener in almost everything I make. Starting to use less though as it gunks up the coils.

Do you use capella flavors too?

-Lord

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
only a few months at this point, a friend of mine has been at it for years and helps me out. I use certain flavors like sweet cream, whipped cream etc to add sweet without adding in sweetener. Makes it less gunky but still sweet.

I think in my next order I am going to get get caps custard and a few others and give them a whirl. I used my buddy's and mixed with him and he has primarily TFA. I found that MOST of those were pretty tasty so I started there.

And I know what you mean about went big! I started with about 80 or so flavours in my first orders to get set up too :blink:

Once I get a few more fully tested I will add to my list on there. I am also pondering adding white chocolate to the vanilla bacco. I have recently decided white chocolate makes almost everything better- no idea why, but it does. LOL

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I love the taste of the white chocolate too, but haven't used it for a long time. I had a recipe with it that I really liked... I think it was white chocolate, hazelnut, and graham cracker. I was using cartos at the time, and that recipe would kill them really fast. Then I found out that the white chocolate has sugar in it, and just stopped using it. The protanks that I'm using now definitely seem to be better with things that used to ruin cartos, so maybe I should try a little bit of white choc. again.. I bet it would be great in a snickerdoodle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread