Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Snow Wolf 200W with TC

So it finally came!!!!! I am soooooo stoked!

I wanted to post another thread because when I was looking to buy this, threads and videos were few and far between. So for any prospective buyers... Here you go.

First.... Some photos of the unboxing and what not:

9EjMucd.jpg

TzGzKP3.jpg

T3sKB9j.jpg

qJ0quBJ.jpg

86aLlmU.jpg

HLuUpaf.jpg

CJ8KXBy.jpg

qqRYq4Y.jpg

HbfkKxf.jpg

zlhpVg4.jpg

tNBAy39.jpg

My first temperature control build...

9 wraps 28g Ni200 on a 3.5mm mandrel. I was going for 0.15Ω, but 0.18Ω will work. :)

6l5qMSa.jpg

hvqkcjb.jpg

Temperature Control
I know... We're all wondering... How does the temp control work? Well, assuming my first TC build with Ni200 looks good to TC pro's out there... It functions flawlessly!

I began by setting the TC to 400ºF and 49W and did a dry cotton test... Not even toasted! Turned it up to 410ºF... Same, no toasting. Turned it up to 420ºF and 70W... Finally a bit of burning but very minimal. Continuing to press the fire button resulted in no further burning.

I've had it set at 210ºC (410ºF) and 50W and it is the most delicious, cool vape I have ever experienced. Keep in mind, I have never experienced TC before... Only vicariously through others on this site.

I will do a video of the dry cotton test and post it to YouTube soon for your viewing pleasure.

ETA: I just vaped my Magma completely dry... No dry hit. Nothing really lol. This is so awesome! The vapor just stops and when you take the cap off, the cotton is white and dry. So cool!

It's amazing to feel how hot I was vaping at with my iStick at 50W... It had to be close to 600ºF. I can't even imagine what that was doing to my wick and juice. No wonder I had to rewick every day or so...

ETA2: Here's the dry cotton test video:

Variable Wattage Mode
I tried it with my Magma built to 0.52Ω at 50W and it seemed much more powerful than my iStick 50W at 50W lol. So I went up to 70W... What an intense vape!! This thing is a beast. I love it!

Just for fun, I built a 0.2Ω dual coil setup on my Derringer and cranked it up to 100W... I don't know how some people do it! That is way too much for me. It works though...

General Aesthetics
It is a litter bigger than I thought compared to my iStick, but still a very manageable size. Gorgeous though!

I wanted to open it up to see if I could catch a glimpse of the chip, however, the plastic protective plate screws are really torques down and I didn't want to push any harder. I'll work up the courage to open it soon.

Magnetic battery door... Awesome! Super powerful as well, but no so powerful that it's hard to get off.

The batteries fit very snug in the sled so I doubt something like a button-top Xtar VTC4 would fit. I have 2 of these batteries so maybe I'll try and get them in there... I bought 2 new pairs of Samsung 25R's flat top and they fit beautifully.

Spring loaded 510 connection... YES!

This is a solid heavy device. There's no button rattle at all. Without the battery, it weighs 230g, and with the batteries it weighs approximately 310g. That is about 0.68lb.

Pro's and Con's
Pro's:
Super powerful. Sleek. Easy to use. Temperature control works perfectly (so far). Dual 18650, my battery gauge hasn't even gone down in the 3 hours I've been chain vaping on it. Spring-loaded 510.

Con's: It's been said before... Fingerprint magnet. No USB charging. That's it! I wouldn't even consider the second one a con because I don't trust that anyway. One more, the 510 is a little too close to the curved corner for me. This means that most 22mm atty's will hang over the edge the fillet a little. More of an aesthetics thing, but yeah.

Overall
I am ecstatic! This device is amazing! The total from a supplier on Amazon came out to $103.25 shipped and arrived to my door in 4 business days. I highly recommend it. Best device I have ever used. Sigelei, P4Y, Greenleaf, Asmodus, whoever... You knocked this thing out of the park!

Vape Happy,
Cullin Kin

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Why not just put the post in my thread instead of making another one ?
Not here to be childish or anything, just saying. Now we have two threads about the same box mod. Daft....
Great pics and good review though, love mine too, wicked mod :thumb:

Because, if I was someone just looking to buy this mod right now I would have much rather seen two threads from two different people claiming how awesome it is, seemingly unconnected to one another. It's something I didn't have the benefit of when looking to purchase this, now other people do. When I'm searching to buy something, I tend to only read the first post just because thats where the review and photo's are and the rest are comments like these. Just my thought process.

My intention was not to detract from your thread, but to benefit the consumer with more threads. Sorry if that was not clear.

Plus, I wanted to make this a full review thread with video and everything not just an initial thoughts thread. I will likely be starting review channel on YouTube as Yocan is sending me a few products to review for them so I kind of want everything to be independent.

Anyways, it is an awesome mod and we are two lucky dudes. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: daviedog

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Okay, so I finally got around to making the dry cotton test video. I apologize for it taking so long. I also apologize for the awful camera... I used Photo Booth on my mac so it used the built-in camera which isn't the best. You will get the picture though...

Also, please go easy on me! First video I've made about vaping.

Here is the video... I also added it to the first post to have everything in one!

P.S. I was watching Knocked Up while filming this lol.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Okay, so I finally gained the courage to open my Snow Wolf 200W up to see the chipset and everything... It's nice and clean on the inside, everything is seated well, and there's no floods of hot glue lol. Looks really good actually! Here are some photo's:

BfDsFSz.jpg

NsuNFML.jpg

mG3MXtH.jpg

aShuQiM.jpg

All chips are labeled with the 'TX' tag. The OLED is labeled 'TX-OLED V1.1' and the main Chip is labeled 'TX-P200 V1.5A.'

It has me wondering why everyone is saying 'GX200 Smart Chip.' It's definitely not a known chip it seems. Anyone know anything about this chip?

Reactions: MikeyConti

2Cool

Jan 15, 2015
Sarasota
What I know about the chip is that after about 7 weeks of trouble free use my SF200 has stopped working. It has happened several times now over the past 3 days. It simply will not turn on, no codes, no warning, just a dead weight. Then later on it "might" fire up. I've opened it to see if any juice was inside, no, I've scraped the batteries and connections, that seemed to work once. Now, again nothing.

derek5L

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Austin, TX
Snow Wolf 200W with TC

So it finally came!!!!! I am soooooo stoked!

I wanted to post another thread because when I was looking to buy this, threads and videos were few and far between. So for any prospective buyers... Here you go.

First.... Some photos of the unboxing and what not:

9EjMucd.jpg

TzGzKP3.jpg

T3sKB9j.jpg

qJ0quBJ.jpg

86aLlmU.jpg

HLuUpaf.jpg

CJ8KXBy.jpg

qqRYq4Y.jpg

HbfkKxf.jpg

zlhpVg4.jpg

tNBAy39.jpg

My first temperature control build...

9 wraps 28g Ni200 on a 3.5mm mandrel. I was going for 0.15Ω, but 0.18Ω will work. :)

6l5qMSa.jpg

hvqkcjb.jpg

Temperature Control
I know... We're all wondering... How does the temp control work? Well, assuming my first TC build with Ni200 looks good to TC pro's out there... It functions flawlessly!

I began by setting the TC to 400ºF and 49W and did a dry cotton test... Not even toasted! Turned it up to 410ºF... Same, no toasting. Turned it up to 420ºF and 70W... Finally a bit of burning but very minimal. Continuing to press the fire button resulted in no further burning.

I've had it set at 210ºC (410ºF) and 50W and it is the most delicious, cool vape I have ever experienced. Keep in mind, I have never experienced TC before... Only vicariously through others on this site.

I will do a video of the dry cotton test and post it to YouTube soon for your viewing pleasure.

ETA: I just vaped my Magma completely dry... No dry hit. Nothing really lol. This is so awesome! The vapor just stops and when you take the cap off, the cotton is white and dry. So cool!

It's amazing to feel how hot I was vaping at with my iStick at 50W... It had to be close to 600ºF. I can't even imagine what that was doing to my wick and juice. No wonder I had to rewick every day or so...

ETA2: Here's the dry cotton test video:

Variable Wattage Mode
I tried it with my Magma built to 0.52Ω at 50W and it seemed much more powerful than my iStick 50W at 50W lol. So I went up to 70W... What an intense vape!! This thing is a beast. I love it!

Just for fun, I built a 0.2Ω dual coil setup on my Derringer and cranked it up to 100W... I don't know how some people do it! That is way too much for me. It works though...

General Aesthetics
It is a litter bigger than I thought compared to my iStick, but still a very manageable size. Gorgeous though!

I wanted to open it up to see if I could catch a glimpse of the chip, however, the plastic protective plate screws are really torques down and I didn't want to push any harder. I'll work up the courage to open it soon.

Magnetic battery door... Awesome! Super powerful as well, but no so powerful that it's hard to get off.

The batteries fit very snug in the sled so I doubt something like a button-top Xtar VTC4 would fit. I have 2 of these batteries so maybe I'll try and get them in there... I bought 2 new pairs of Samsung 25R's flat top and they fit beautifully.

Spring loaded 510 connection... YES!

This is a solid heavy device. There's no button rattle at all. Without the battery, it weighs 230g, and with the batteries it weighs approximately 310g. That is about 0.68lb.

Pro's and Con's
Pro's:
Super powerful. Sleek. Easy to use. Temperature control works perfectly (so far). Dual 18650, my battery gauge hasn't even gone down in the 3 hours I've been chain vaping on it. Spring-loaded 510.

Con's: It's been said before... Fingerprint magnet. No USB charging. That's it! I wouldn't even consider the second one a con because I don't trust that anyway. One more, the 510 is a little too close to the curved corner for me. This means that most 22mm atty's will hang over the edge the fillet a little. More of an aesthetics thing, but yeah.

Overall
I am ecstatic! This device is amazing! The total from a supplier on Amazon came out to $103.25 shipped and arrived to my door in 4 business days. I highly recommend it. Best device I have ever used. Sigelei, P4Y, Greenleaf, Asmodus, whoever... You knocked this thing out of the park!

Vape Happy,
Cullin Kin

Still happy with it?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

jessie vapor

Nov 12, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Duplicates

jessie vapor

Nov 12, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Duplicates