ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Chicago
www.jimmyk.rocks

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
I bought from them a couple of months ago and no problems - well pleased.

I got some snuff I couldn't find here and a neat snuff spoon that I've now lost or the cat took.(s)

Paul Gotard - I wasn't impressed and I do like the specialty snuff, but not sure I'd buy it again.

I was looking last weekend at the Molen's Bon Bon and Magnet Peach that I can't find in the states and seriously thinking I'll do that before the pact act kicks in.

Another good one overseas is snuff.me.uk - I got in big trouble finding all the Samuel Gawith and Gawith Hoggarth from them that I couldn't get here.:D Nice e-mail correspondence and samples with my order.

Shipping - about 2 weeks, which is average for overseas and they both shipped the next day after my order.

Last edited:

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I bought from them a couple of months ago and no problems - well pleased.

I got some snuff I couldn't find here and a neat snuff spoon that I've now lost or the cat took.(s)

Paul Gotard - I wasn't impressed and I do like the specialty snuff, but not sure I'd buy it again.

I was looking last weekend at the Molen's Bon Bon and Magnet Peach that I can't find in the states and seriously thinking I'll do that before the pact act kicks in.

Another good one overseas is snuff.me.uk - I got in big trouble finding all the Samuel Gawith and Gawith Hoggarth from them that I couldn't get here.:D Nice e-mail correspondence and samples with my order.

Shipping - about 2 weeks, which is average for overseas and they both shipped the next day after my order.
Rats....Wish I wouldn't have seen this thread...I am a sucker for Gawith Hoggarth!!(Counting pennies)

:)The Wiz!

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Rats....Wish I wouldn't have seen this thread...I am a sucker for Gawith Hoggarth!!(Counting pennies)

Wiz, Is it just me...I'm sort of glad I got the Gawith Hoggarth, but I feel like I need to OTD method to rehydrate. They're all so fine and flyaway, which really turns me off using them. The Samuel Gawith isn't that way. (See I'm trying to make you feel better about the G.Hoggarth and not everyone is menthol-:D)

Now here's a question that I don't understand - I saw on snuffhouse.org that Dave from mr.snuff.com said he couldn't get all the Sammy G line in the states, so I'm thinking that's the same way with the Gawith Hoggarth. But, I don't understand why. Anyone know?

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Wiz, Is it just me...I'm sort of glad I got the Gawith Hoggarth, but I feel like I need to OTD method to rehydrate. They're all so fine and flyaway, which really turns me off using them. The Samuel Gawith isn't that way. (See I'm trying to make you feel better about the G.Hoggarth and not everyone is menthol-:D)

Now here's a question that I don't understand - I saw on snuffhouse.org that Dave from mr.snuff.com said he couldn't get all the Sammy G line in the states, so I'm thinking that's the same way with the Gawith Hoggarth. But, I don't understand why. Anyone know?
Sunset...Dave told me once that he can get anything that is listed at Nicrush that he may not have listed at MrSnuff(ie Gawith Hoggarth),I'm sure you could contact him on that. I'm assuming that with opperations overseas now that the line may have expanded to include some of those missing flavors!

I kind of like the GH fine grind myself....Just hard to pinch on a windy day!:D

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
I'll second the commendation for snuff.me.uk - great service and some brilliant samples. Would never have tried the Jaxon's English Toffee otherwise.

Have noted what you say about GH and SG. I am amazed to find that there is only one snuff I really dislike - the SG Grousemoor. maybe even that will change over time. It's great having loads of tiny tins of this and that to play with - and no doubt mix together in a heathen way.

:)

C.

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
I am amazed to find that there is only one snuff I really dislike - the SG Grousemoor. maybe even that will change over time. It's great having loads of tiny tins of this and that to play with - and no doubt mix together in a heathen way.

C.
LOL, C - I got a hold of one the other night that was really strange and made a point to throw it out of the box and retry - SG Otterhound. But, what's funny is now it's not so bad, so did I grab the right one? Now I think I know, it depends on the one I just tried before it and they don't mix too well.:D

Just tried the Grousemoor and it's not that bad. But, then I just tried quit a few little pinches one after the other from 5 or 6 tins...guess, that's not the way to do it - I have to watch myself sometimes when I get new stuff.:D

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
LOL, C - I got a hold of one the other night that was really strange and made a point to throw it out of the box and retry - SG Otterhound. But, what's funny is now it's not so bad, so did I grab the right one? Now I think I know, it depends on the one I just tried before it and they don't mix too well.:D

Just tried the Grousemoor and it's not that bad. But, then I just tried quit a few little pinches one after the other from 5 or 6 tins...guess, that's not the way to do it - I have to watch myself sometimes when I get new stuff.:D

Sound advice - it may be I didn't give it a fair trial. Just smelled of burnt heather to me. It may be divine with a glass of Scotch. Might try it with a brandy.

C.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
woo otterhound or the other with scotch??
I am a giant Isley scotch fan.

I don't have the SG Otterhound to try - but I reckon SG Grousemoor might go well with a nice malt. From Islay, Laphroaig might be a goer. Plenty of peat in it. I rarely have whisky these days but I recall Glenmorangie as a single malt that might suit the Grousemoor. Or maybe better yet The Macallan, from Speyside.

Worth exploring if I return to the land of my fathers in the summer...I'll put the Grousemoor in my pocket.

C.

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
C, I'm sure you've heard some things are just better not knowing. :D I just looked up the word 'Otterhound' which I thought was the strangest name for a snuff. And it's a British Dog! A dog, so maybe my 1st impression was right...that it had a strange smell. LOL

I know, the British love their dogs and it's a compliment...but, still. I won't forget this one.:D

Last edited:

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
C, I'm sure you've heard some things are just better not knowing. :D I just looked up the word 'Otterhound' which I thought was the strangest name for a snuff. And it's a British Dog! A dog, so maybe my 1st impression was right...that it had a strange smell. LOL

I know, the British love their dogs and it's a compliment...but, still. I won't forget this one.:D

Well I knew it was a dog. Just hope it doesn't also recall the pungent smell of wet dog!

C.

Here's a review from snuffreviews.com
Used dryer sheet eh? :)
This one is a fine ground medium moisture heavily perfumed snuff,an occasional treat for me,reminds me of a used dryer sheet,it does have low nicotine content though and a high sneeze factor,but still it's one for the snuff cabinet.

So mebbe shampooed wet dog?

Last edited:

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Well I knew it was a dog. Just hope it doesn't also recall the pungent smell of wet dog!

C.

Here's a review from snuffreviews.com
Used dryer sheet eh? :)
This one is a fine ground medium moisture heavily perfumed snuff,an occasional treat for me,reminds me of a used dryer sheet,it does have low nicotine content though and a high sneeze factor,but still it's one for the snuff cabinet.

So mebbe shampooed wet dog?

That's funny - I had to take a break and switch to their Apple that I've heard so much about over on snuffhouse.org - pretty good. They're apple and banana were the ones I wanted to try originally and got sidetracked with a wet dog. LOL

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Hey Dredbull, Vaporer or anyone - I found this grinder over at snuffstore.co.uk:
Snuff Mill Snuff Grinder Small Plastic

It's cheap $11.99-and shows some good pictures. WDYT for grinding up rustica leaves, I'm thinking about giving it a try. There's a more expensive one, but this looks pretty good...yet, I don't know much about them.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Hey Dredbull, Vaporer or anyone - I found this grinder over at snuffstore.co.uk:
Snuff Mill Snuff Grinder Small Plastic

It's cheap $11.99-and shows some good pictures. WDYT for grinding up rustica leaves, I'm thinking about giving it a try. There's a more expensive one, but this looks pretty good...yet, I don't know much about them.

I'd have thought the metal one would be more durable. But they also mention coffee grinders. In their experiment, they oven dried some elderly cigarette tobacco as raw material. That would be pretty easy to reduce to dust I think. Could be that homegrown or bought leaf would be harder to grind evenly in a manual snuff mill. In which case an electric coffee grinder would be easier to operate.

But I'm just lazy...

C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread