So all vandyvape products on fasttech are counterfeit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
B1B28843-3B61-459B-971F-168269E6E3D6.png
ive been trying to get some new o-rings for my berserker rda, and got a referral saying that I would have to go through the warranty process before I could buy parts.

This implies the devices sold on fasttech as “authentic” are in fact not. Is this the case?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
View attachment 808471 ive been trying to get some new o-rings for my berserker RDA, and got a referral saying that I would have to go through the warranty process before I could buy parts.

This implies the devices sold on fasttech as “authentic” are in fact not. Is this the case?

I Don't Read this to say that Vandy Vape products on FT are counterfeit. Only that FT is Not an Authorized Seller of Vandy Vape products. So Vandy Vape will not extend any Warrantee for them.

And your Warrantee is Exclusively thru FT.

Not a completely unheard of Policy.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Who won't sell you O-Rings?

You're kinda all over the place.
I am. Not one of my best days today.

Vandyvape won’t sell me o-rings. I never even thought the thing would be under warranty because it’s over 90 days old. I went looking for o-rings by type on fasttech and got nothing. I looked at the vandyvape site and they don’t sell o-rings on it at all. This struck me as strange so I emailed support asking if I could buy some, or failing that get the sizing for them so I could at least find something that would fit and vape the thing.
I got an email back (which in itself is a win for vandyvape. Better than average support) Which said that I had to go through their warranty process first. Before they would even sell me an o-ring, or tell me what the sizing was.

The process involves taking photos of all the box’s copy protection features and providing a receipt. The warning about them not honoring warranties when sold by this list of retailers stopped me though. I buy a good deal of stuff on fasttech, and I’ve always assumed that fasttech’s “authentic” meant authentic.
If you can’t get parts without a valid warranty (stupid to start with. Time flows. Warranties run out) and valid warranties do not happen when buying from fasttech, then “authentic” stuff sold on fasttech basically isn’t for the simple reason that if you can’t get parts it’s disposable anyway.
Fasttech doesn’t seem to have parts labeled “berserker RTA” o-rings at all.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I am. Not one of my best days today.

Vandyvape won’t sell me o-rings. I never even thought the thing would be under warranty because it’s over 90 days old. I went looking for o-rings by type on fasttech and got nothing. I looked at the vandyvape site and they don’t sell o-rings on it at all. This struck me as strange so I emailed support asking if I could buy some, or failing that get the sizing for them so I could vape the thing.
I got an email back (which in itself is a win for vandyvape. Better than average support) Which said that I had to go through their warranty process first. Before they would even sell me an o-ring, or tell me what the sizing was.

The process involves taking photos of all the box’s copy protection features and providing a receipt. The warning about them not honoring warranties when sold by this list of retailers stopped me though. I buy a good deal of stuff on fasttech, and I’ve always assumed that fasttech’s “authentic” meant authentic.
If you can’t get parts without a valid warranty (stupid to start with. Time flows. Warranties run out) and valid warranties do not happen when buying from fasttech, then “authentic” stuff sold on fasttech basically isn’t for the simple reason that if you can’t get parts it’s disposable anyway.

I think you are Confusing two very Separate Issues.

FT sells Authentic Vandy Vape stuff. They just don't want to be a "Authorized Seller" because they Don't want to deal with doing Vandy Vape Returns. And would Rather offer their own "Blanket Return Policy".

This is True with a Lot of Retailers. Especially Online Retailers. And Doublely Especially of Online Retailers in Foreign Countries.

Vandy Vape's distributors are Happy to sell their stuff to FT. But they would like FT to handle all the Headaches, Hassles and PO-ed customers who want to do Returns.

But since FT says Sorry Charlie, No Can Do, Vandy Vape puts that Clause in the Fine Print of their T's and C's that they will Only do Warrantees from products bought from an Authorized Retailer. It's an Out for them. It works for FT and it works for Vandy Vape. So everyone is Happy.

Now as to buying an O-Ring from an OEM. Why on earth would an OEM want to deal with some 2 Dollar order that cost them 6 Dollars to process?

Better to just Sell O-Ring kits to FT. Or maybe better yet, let Someone Else deal with it.

Like this...

$2.52 Authentic Clrane Replacement O-Ring Seals for Vandy Vape KYLIN Mini (5-Pack) 5-pack - 4pcs/pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I think you are Confusing two very Separate Issues.

FT sells Authentic Vandy Vape stuff. They just don't want to be a "Authorized Seller" because they Don't want to deal with doing Vandy Vape Returns. And would Rather offer their own "Blanket Return Policy".

This is True with a Lot of Retailers. Especially Online Retailers. And Doublely Especially of Online Retailers in Foreign Countries.

Vandy Vape's distributors are Happy to sell their stuff to FT. But they would like FT to handle all the Headaches, Hassles and PO-ed customers who want to do Returns.

But since FT says Sorry Charlie, No Can Do, Vandy Vape puts that Clause in the Fine Print of their T's and C's that they will Only do Warrantees from products bought from an Authorized Retailer. It's an Out for them. It works for FT and it works for Vandy Vape. So everyone is Happy.

Now as to buying an O-Ring from and OEM. Why on earth would an OEM want to deal with some 2 Dollar order that cost them 6 Dollars to process?

Better to just Sell O-Ring kits to FT. Or maybe better yet, let Someone Else deal with it.

Like this...

$2.52 Authentic Clrane Replacement O-Ring Seals for Vandy Vape KYLIN Mini (5-Pack) 5-pack - 4pcs/pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I agree. That’s why I checked FT first. And then everywhere else google search would reach.

They do seem to be available somehow though because when on another thread I mentioned the issue that I couldn’t open my berserker RTA to change the wick without a pair of pliers it was mentioned that another member had simply gotten replacements which worked fine and I should simply go get some. Hence the story begins.

Checking that thread it turns out that the “other member” was none other than the designer of the thing. That’s explained I guess.

In any case I bought mine from eciggity even if I did do it last year. Perhaps it will be enough to at least find out what size they are. Even if it does solve my personal issue there needs to be some sort of way to get o-rings. That atty is a tank*. It’s going to be around for a while.

*the military kind not the vaping kind

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Maybe someone will measure the oring for you and you can buy them at a local hardware store. I remember doing that for Zen and other attys back in the day.
This was my initial hope. I asked around here for just such a favor and was told to just go get some. Seemed easier. Famous last words..

I’d just do that with mine, but It’s not reliable to measure an o ring that’s been on something. They can stretch, depending on what they’re made of. Plus they’re in there so deep to get mine off I’m probably going to have to cut them.

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I agree. That’s why I checked FT first. And then everywhere else google search would reach.

They do seem to be available somehow though because when on another thread I mentioned the issue that I couldn’t open my berserker RTA to change the wick without a pair of pliers it was mentioned that another member had simply gotten replacements which worked fine and I should simply go get some. Hence the story begins.

Checking that thread it turns out that the “other member” was none other than the designer of the thing. That’s explained I guess.

In any case I bought mine from eciggity even if I did do it last year. Perhaps it will be enough to at least find out what size they are. Even if it does solve my personal issue there needs to be some sort of way to get o-rings. That atty is a tank*. It’s going to be around for a while.

*the military kind not the vaping kind

So what atomizer are you looking for O-Rings for?

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    The berserker RDA didn't come with a bag of spare orings?

If fasttech say they authentic, then they probably are, even the chinese vape companies fight each other.

Just like people said the Aspire nautilus coils fon fasttech weren't genuine, but the truth is fasttech sold under Aspire RRP, and they didn't like that, and even can't purchase aspire naut coils from fasttech with paypal, because Aspire got paypal to stop payment that way, or something along them lines.

• Informative
    Reactions: bombastinator

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Fasttech is a bargain basement grey market. You can't expect support. It's like buying Louis Vuitton at the swap meet.

FT is pretty simple.

The Stuff they list as "Authentic" is Authentic. And the stuff they list as "Styled" is a Clone.

They Basically will only do a Return for Replacement (or if you are Lucky, a Store Credit) if you Open whatever it is that you buy. That Money Back Guarantee is for Unopened/Unused Items.

And if you Buy something with a Store Credit, the Only thing you can do is get a Replacement or another Store Credit on a Return.

It's all in their Warrantee Agreement which Most People never read. Or only briefly look at (including Myself) unless there is a Problem.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    So what atomizer are you looking for O-Rings for?
    Berserker RDA.

Crossed the rubicon and managed to get the o-rings off in one piece. They’re different sizes it seems.
    They appear to be silicone so stretch shouldn’t be too terribly bad.

I measured 3 times and then went to the nearest clear division assuming that engineers prefer rounder numbers and prefer to buy off the shelf. Also Erring towards shorter and thicker due to stretch

Big one (bottom)
    Thickness: 1mm on the button (really consistent. This measure seems likely to be the most accurate)
    Diameter: ~18mm

Small one (top)
    Thickness: ~0.8mm
    Diameter: ~14.5mm (least accurate. This could turn out to be anywhere from 14-15mm. This one was a bit stretched and worn)

• Useful
    Reactions: rosesense

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The berserker RDA didn't come with a bag of spare orings?
    . It probably did it just wasn’t in the box when I reopened it looking for them. I’m betting on excitement and thumbfingers on my part. None the less I don’t have any and apparently need some
    If fasttech say they authentic, then they probably are, even the chinese vape companies fight each other.
    the qr code checked out. The thing was very likely made by vandyvape. The issue is availability of replacement parts.
    I have no doubt they do. It’s likely at least as ugly over there as it is over here. Capitalism is capitalism. It’s got it’s points.
    Just like people said the Aspire nautilus coils fon fasttech weren't genuine, but the truth is fasttech sold under Aspire RRP, and they didn't like that, and even can't purchase aspire naut coils from fasttech with paypal, because Aspire got paypal to stop payment that way, or something along them lines.
    Interesting. RRP is recommended retail price I’m assuming. Heh. RRP is enforced in Japan. It’s a major reason everything is so expensive there. It used to be a thing in the US too until the 1970s when it finally got broken with international trade.
    RRP enforcement is also generally illegal most places. I’m betting Aspire may have bent a law or two on that one. I wouldn’t be surprised if PayPal doesn’t know it’s being used toenforce Aspire’s RRP. It’s something they might be quite dismayed to learn.

Reactions: Nailz

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Surely, there is some .... vaper out there who has created a spreadsheet, or database of some kind, with the O-ring sizes for a large host of tanks.

Yoohoo... I know you're out there. :)
    Hmm... Does sound like a handy person to know occasionally..

Yoo-hoo! We’ve got da-taaa!

Reactions: Nailz
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread