The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

So all vandyvape products on fasttech are counterfeit?

Discussion in 'Vandy Vape' started by bombastinator, Apr 10, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Wrong sizes I think, but I like the direction. ID, OD, CS appear to be the standard measurements. Seems an odd choice, as if you’ve got two the third derives. There’s likely some sort of reason.

I measured CS and OD. 1mm CS is a standard and .5mm CS is a standard. .8mm doesn’t seem to be though. A 1mm o-ring that got stretched hard, maybe. Or they’re not made of silicone in the first place. Argh.

They’ve had a day to relax. I’ll measure em again and see if it changes. Bottom on I doubt will move. Top one might though.

2. rosesense

rosesense ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Yeah, I knew the sizes weren't right but I figure those folks can get the right ones from wherever they order their orings. I don't have a measurement thingy (caliper or whatever it is called) but I have a zillion orings from various tanks so if you knew which other tank/rings are the same size, I could probably find a few for you.

Gee, I am so techy talking (measurement thingy).

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    JSYK: .8mm is 1/32"

So if you want, you could poke around places like this...

The O-Ring Store, We make getting O-Rings easy!

... and look for a suitable O-Ring.

Of course, you would Probably want to get a Size Bigger and a Size Smaller to make sure that you get Something that works.

So that makes getting something like this...

$5.41 Rubber O-Ring Seals for E-Cigarettes (300 Pieces) 300-pack - ships 30 of each type at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

... seem like a Possibility. Because even it you Can't get one of the O-Rings to work, you now have a Nifty Drip Tip organizer. So it Isn't a complete loss.

But at what point do you just get one of these...

$8.92 Berserker MTL Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 304 stainless steel / 18mm diameter / w/ BF pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

... and call an End to the Quest?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    If you have had trouble with Vandy Vape o-rings in the past, then perhaps an alternative source, such as the O-Ring store that @zoiDman mentioned could be beneficial. Although I have never used them, I am willing to bet there is a much improved quality.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    according to some folks on ft
    so then this should have them in it
    sorry but this is all I have been able to find, seems vandy vape is keeping a tight lip on the sizes of the orings and no one's posted them in forums that I can seem to find

6. jandrew

jandrew Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Winnipeg
    For the berserker RTAs, yes, but the atty in question is the berserker RDA which is smaller in diameter.

7. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    overlooked that...my bad....

8. jandrew

jandrew Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Winnipeg
    I've got an authentic and a few clones (and a couple more on the way) -- I'll check when I get back home later, but I'm sure I have a few of the spare parts baggies. I can probably put the some orings in the mail on the weekend if you want.

• Like Like x 1