So far $135 in and still not 100% satisfied. I think I need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worutaa

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
I drip. Recently I got a drip cartridge. I use these on a 510 threaded EGO + KGO + Riva. It's simple for me.. even simpler than dripping (which is simply simple except when I first wake up, but then again nothing is simple for me when I first wake up).

Cartridges with filler - CBF; Waste of juice; blue foam, ptb, high ping, spring mod etc. Just no.

Cartomizers - Maybe these have gotten better since I first started. All sorts of clearomizers and dual coils and bells and whistles. When I used them they were hard to keep wet all the time and kinda drained the taste of my liquids. Maybe I was using them wrong, other people swear by them. I'm going to purchase some stardusts or whatever I can find that's "the best" at the time (which will surely change in two or three months) but not holding my breath.

tanks - They look cool. If they work, great! Again, not holding my breath. But they certainly do look cool.

Some of the problem is the viscosity of the liquid. For me, since I can't use PG without setting my teeth on edge, a 70% VG 30% Distilled Water liquid seems to be the perfect solution. If only I could find every flavor in that ratio.

Eventually someone will come up with the end-all be all way to get the nicotine from the bottle to the atomizer to my lungs without coating my tongue in juice, or without me having to experiment with something I purchased for ease of use. Hell, maybe you or I will come up with it. Again, I won't hold my breath.

I drip. Recently I got a drip cartridge. I use these on a 510 threaded EGO + KGO + Riva. It's simple for me.. even simpler than dripping (which is simply simple except when I first wake up, but then again nothing is simple for me when I first wake up).

Cartridges with filler - CBF; Waste of juice; blue foam, ptb, high ping, spring mod etc. Just no.

Cartomizers - Maybe these have gotten better since I first started. All sorts of clearomizers and dual coils and bells and whistles. When I used them they were hard to keep wet all the time and kinda drained the taste of my liquids. Maybe I was using them wrong, other people swear by them. I'm going to purchase some stardusts or whatever I can find that's "the best" at the time (which will surely change in two or three months) but not holding my breath.

Tanks - They look cool. If they work, great! Again, not holding my breath. But they certainly do look cool.

Some of the problem is the viscosity of the liquid. For me, since I can't use PG without setting my teeth on edge, a 70% VG 30% Distilled Water liquid seems to be the perfect solution. If only I could find every flavor in that ratio.

Eventually someone will come up with the end-all be all way to get the nicotine from the bottle to the atomizer to my lungs without coating my tongue in juice, or without me having to experiment with something I purchased for ease of use. Hell, maybe you or I will come up with it. Again, I won't hold my breath.

Don't mean to sound completely stupid, but I keep seeing the term dripping. What is that? Along with that thought, what is a drip cartridge? Can u suggest one that I can look up and research?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Don't know about the blue stuff, never tried to replace the filler in the cartridges. Refilling them IS a pain, and yes, they will leak in your mouth, which is totally nasty. I started with a Greensmoke that did the same thing, even once I bought empty cartomizers and filled them myself. Plus, I killed batteries (they are automatic cigs with non-sealed batteries so a drop of leakage into the battery will ruin them). Finally I found a Lavatube 2 weeks ago, using it with a Tank set-up (7 ml tank) and I'm hooked. Still trying to find my favorite juice, never used 100 % VG, I hear it has a nasty aftertaste, so I'm using a mix, concentration depends on where I get it from, some are 30% VG/70% PG, some are a 50/50 mix. I spent way too much money so far (roughly $1000 over 2 months so my CCards are ...... at me and I need to vape what I have right now and slow down.......... :) Good luck finding your perfect mix and set-up! I love my LT~

Dripping is just that. Dripping the juice into the atomizer rather than depending on the cartridge filler to wick the juice into the atomizer.

Image Search Results for drip tip vapor Mtost of those pictures are of drip tips. (Think cartridge with a hole through it so you don't have to take it off to drip.) They go from the most bland to the most decorative.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modder-accessories-supplier-forum/256785-new-trippy-tips-pictures-only-thread-17.html

Ha! I wondered what a drip tip was for.... so let me get this straight. U attach the drip tip to the atomizer and add a couple drops of juice directly in? No fillers, no leaking... vape only what u drip in? This could work a heck of a lot better than my current set up!! I think I'm going to try that! Thanks!

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Don't know about the blue stuff, never tried to replace the filler in the cartridges. Refilling them IS a pain, and yes, they will leak in your mouth, which is totally nasty. I started with a Greensmoke that did the same thing, even once I bought empty cartomizers and filled them myself. Plus, I killed batteries (they are automatic cigs with non-sealed batteries so a drop of leakage into the battery will ruin them). Finally I found a Lavatube 2 weeks ago, using it with a Tank set-up (7 ml tank) and I'm hooked. Still trying to find my favorite juice, never used 100 % VG, I hear it has a nasty aftertaste, so I'm using a mix, concentration depends on where I get it from, some are 30% VG/70% PG, some are a 50/50 mix. I spent way too much money so far (roughly $1000 over 2 months so my CCards are ...... at me and I need to vape what I have right now and slow down.......... :) Good luck finding your perfect mix and set-up! I love my LT~
I'm a newbie too and jumped on this thread looking for similar advice. May I ask about this "variable" device and why does a person want variables voltages? Pros and cons? Thanks!

:confused:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I'm a newbie too and jumped on this thread looking for similar advice. May I ask about this "variable" device and why does a person want variables voltages? Pros and cons? Thanks!

Power=Heat=Throat Hit=Wattage=V*V/R. Power is equal to voltage squared divided by resistance in Ohms. (Provided that the supply can supply enough amperage, but that's not the point here.)

Now, that is the up front. I have a watt range I have found I like. (9-12) Why a range? Different flavors taste better at different wattages. I like the flavor best of all, so my voltage adjustments are typically to match whatever flavor I am dripping at the moment.

Cons? I don't know, maybe too many choices? More expensive? Not too sure...

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Ha! I wondered what a drip tip was for.... so let me get this straight. U attach the drip tip to the atomizer and add a couple drops of juice directly in? No fillers, no leaking... vape only what u drip in? This could work a heck of a lot better than my current set up!! I think I'm going to try that! Thanks!

Yep, that's what I do. (I cannot find a cartomizer that gives me the vapor I need.)

Worutaa

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
GotVapes PumpCart™ Solution : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more is the drip cartridge I was talking about... to get mine to work I'll press the button (carb?) and take a quick draw while it's connected to the atomizer, that causes a suction that puts the fluid down on the atomizer.

It was kind of a novelty item for me and was cheap enough, so I bought em.

Pros: Cheap, reliable so far, better than carrying around the bottle with me all the time. And it helps me limit myself (I vape 24mg and am trying to keep it under 3 fills a day, aiming for 2 fills) It holds around 1ml I think (don't quote me)

Cons: It initially tasted like new plastic that stopped after only a few draws on it with some juice. It doesn't automatically drip when you press the button unless you pull the small piece of filler out (if you do, the juice really flows... way too much imo so I left it in and do a small draw on it). Edit: Also it's kinda funky/long looking but I'm a function over fashion type of guy.

Worutaa

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009

The higher the voltage, the faster it heats up the element, the hotter it gets, the more vapor you get. Sometimes this comes at a cost to the flavor of the juice, but provides a more lung/throat hit I guess. People like variable voltage because they can find a sweet spot for their vaping needs. Some like to vape at 5v or more, others like me only care about 3-4V range (with LR attys).. then again, I've never vaped over 4V so I might not know what I'm missing.

If I could afford to buy a provari or a lavatube I would. It's (at the moment) essentially the final stage for many vapers hardware needs.

Ignorance is sometimes bliss~

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
the tight chest feeling is too high of nicotine. i had the same problem. 12mg was still giving me the chest tightness. i dropped to 6mg and was still using my ego batteries. it was ok but the throat hit was a bit low. so i got my self a vv tube mod (lava tube) and cranked the B!tch up with more voltage. 2ohm carto at 4.5v is awesome. 4.8v is even better (4.8v is the max you can go on a 2ohm carto on the lava tube)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread