so frustrated, about to give up on vaping... help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dielonnn

Jun 30, 2014
massachusetts
okay im guna try and keep this as short as possible so i will actualy get some people willing to read and respond to try and help a desperate vaper...

so this problem al started about a week ago when my brand new vision spinner battery a 1300mah stopped holding a charge, long story short i tried everything, making sure the center pin was up, charging it on 4.2volt charging on different outlets in my house and even trying in outlets in other people houses. i know i have the right charger specs i checked online and even doubled check with my vape shop i go the battery at by bringing in the charger and showing it to them.

so i brought that spinner in and they replaced it, 'so everthing is all good" im thinking in my head... Until it came time to charge this one for the first time it plug it in charge it for 2 and a half hours ( when i pluged it into charge it wasnt even completly dead yet) and so i go to use it and this one two dies within a hour.

i go back to the store and ask them to check if my charger is actualy working, which i thought it was bc it was charging my ego t 650 and that would last me vaping for about 3 hours on chain vapin which i know is probly lower than it should be bc its old. long story shot they tell me its fine but i still buy a new part of the charger, the part that connect the battery to the walll adapter.

go home, charge it for a few hours use it and dies in about 2 hours and it was having issues the whole time not giving proper vapor production and not acating right according to what voltage i would change that battery too.

so at this point the only possible thing i could even think of thats wrong is that the wall adapter part of the charger im using is not working, but the red light does go on when i plug it in and the other cord that plugs into the battery is showing its charging( blinking between red and green)

the only thing that makes me wonder about this though is that it charged my ego t no problem.

could it really be that i got 2 brand new spinner 2s that both were just junk?!!? i know there real too so i would think his is unlikly. i really dont want to be that guy that keeps going to the shop asking for a new battery every other day ill feel like an a hole.

this has just been sooo frustrating and has got me just wanting to go back to the simplicity of analog which is bummin me out a lot bc i love vaping and have a ton of money invested into a large supply of e juice right now and for the first month and a half everthing was going smooth and i thought i found a new love and hobby in vaping but this last week really has me reconsidering...

im really hoping it is just my wall adapter and everything will be fine but it just seems unlikly idk anything anyone can say that they might think it could be.

can the wall adapter be bad even if the red light on it is on and the connecting cable is blinking red and green?? and the light on my spinner is on

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I had the same issues about 4 years ago but the desire to extend my natural life and not live it attached to an oxygen bottle overcame the frustration. I'm not saying this to be sarcastic but to say if you really want to quit, you will overcome.

Yes, it's possible to get some bad batteries, they are mass produced items with minimal QC.

I'm not here to tell you you need a bigger, badder device, plenty of people use Spinners and are very happy with them, but for me the answer was to go up in size for battery life and go mech for durability.

The community here at ECF is a valuable tool, use it to its full potential and a few years from now you will be helping someone else saying they're ready to throw in the towel.

Best of luck!

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I agree that you could get 2 bad spinners in a row. Take it back and get something like a MVP2. It's variable voltage like the spinner as well as variable wattage. They aren't much more than a Spinner, depending on what the B&M charges. 101vapes has them for $40. You could always just get an in-store credit for that bad Spinner and use it for more juice or whatever.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    If you're buying knock-offs, sure you can get 2 bad ones in a row. Same for chargers and wall adapters.

Buying brand name makes a big difference in the ego world.

Just because it says Vision on the side of the battery doesn't mean it's not a knock-off...

All my Joyetech egos are in my drawer for backup and have served me well. One has 2yrs daily use on it.

dielonnn

Jun 30, 2014
    massachusetts
    I agree that you could get 2 bad spinners in a row. Take it back and get something like a MVP2. It's variable voltage like the spinner as well as variable wattage. They aren't much more than a Spinner, depending on what the B&M charges. 101vapes has them for $40. You could always just get an in-store credit for that bad Spinner and use it for more juice or whatever.
    i never even thought to get an in store credit, hopefully this B&M will do this for me... thanks for the replies guys this online community really has helped me out a lot and pushed me through some harder times in myso far short lived vaping life.

i dont think i am gunna give up on vapin but this just really sucks. im super tight on cash right now bc i just blew all my money on juices like a fiend haha. but if they do give me store credit for the battery i will deff grab a mvp as long as they dont charge more than $50 for it.. this sttore is pretty pricey i paid $31 for my spinner 2 1300mah :/

i just dont wanna be that guy that buys a battery has them replaces it with a new one twicee and then asks for his money back, even if i am guna spend that money at their store... i feel like the only reason they have been so cooperative with me so far is because i know they know i not only buy a lot from them but bring them a lot of business so hopfully theyll work with me... even though im guna feel like adouche

dielonnn

Jun 30, 2014
    massachusetts
    i really dont think it is a knock off though, this particalar B&M prides itsself in not having any clones and makes that well know with signs all over there store saying NO CLONES and always talking bad about them and what not so id feel really cheated if i found out this was a knock off

it just really sucks bc when the first one i got from them was working for that first week i loved it it last all day and worked mint but then it .... the bed complely and now dealing with issues with this one. well im guna give it a full charge tonight and see how it does tomorow if it dies in a few hours im not even guna ask for another one and see if they will just do a store credit thing

oh also i was wonder if for tonight to be able to tell if it is my wall port that messed up and to either rule it out or confirm that that is the problem can i plug the usb charger right into my desktop computer usb port to charge it, will that work?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    i really dont think it is a knock off though, this particalar B&M prides itsself in not having any clones and makes that well know with signs all over there store saying NO CLONES and always talking bad about them and what not so id feel really cheated if i found out this was a knock off

it just really sucks bc when the first one i got from them was working for that first week i loved it it last all day and worked mint but then it .... the bed complely and now dealing with issues with this one. well im guna give it a full charge tonight and see how it does tomorow if it dies in a few hours im not even guna ask for another one and see if they will just do a store credit thing

oh also i was wonder if for tonight to be able to tell if it is my wall port that messed up and to either rule it out or confirm that that is the problem can i plug the usb charger right into my desktop computer usb port to charge it, will that work?

Might blow your USB ports out if bad battery. Certainly wouldn't go to sleep with it plugged in Anywhere.

dielonnn

Jun 30, 2014
    massachusetts
    Always possible to be a bad batch of batteries. Mass produced, poor QC.. Also, no matter what others say, an ego style battery (including twists and spinners) is a throw away battery.

ya it just sucks bc i paid 32 bucks for it so even if they do give me store credit ill end up having to over pay for another thing, god only knows how much they charge a mvp for haha ill find out tomrow

and what do you mean it could have blow my usb port out, does this mean that it would have ruin the brand new usb port i just bought today and have only used on the newer spinner i got and my ego t 650 that doesnt have any issues?

i just plugged it into the computer usb port with the new usb charger i got today so if it isnt charged by the morning and dont hold a charger longer than a few hours i know its the battery for sure and will deffinaitly be bringing it back to the shop bummed out and feeling like an ........ a little. but i just cant afford to take a 32 dollar hit on my only good battery i have right now.. my ego t will only hold a charge for like 3 hours mybe a lill more due to me leaving it charging overnight a lot before i found out this is bad to the battery life

B2L

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    i think when i get a little more dough too im just guna order like a 7 pack of ego t's off fast tech to just have so i dont gotta worry about 1 battery dying throwing a wrench into my ability to vape all day instead of having to sit there and wait for the one working battery i have to charge

The #1 rule of vaping, always have back up for your back up. Murphy is always right around the corner.

dielonnn

Jun 30, 2014
    massachusetts
    Haha ya I know right^^

Whell I said screw it and pulled some money out of my *ss and am just guna buy my first mech mod tomorow and a couple 16850 batteries and maybe a 18350 to for a telescoping mod.

im guna be broke after buying a charger and a rda and wire and a meter and .... but the things we will do for vaping haha now I better just hope I get a decent mod from them

Either the panzer, nemises or stingray im pretty damn sure the shop I go to for my mech mods has clones bc of there price

Im deff not going back to the store where I got my spinner 1 nc of this experience and 2 bc I cant afford to spend 200 on a mod and another 100 on a atty at there prices of there authentic gear

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread