So have aspire AND kanger dropped the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I was really looking forward to the Aspire Atlantis....but like a good little consumer, I always wait, and then wait some more after a new product is released, to get the other consumers' feedback and the pros and cons of said device.

As most of you know, the Aspire Atlantis tank is having an issue with the ceramic wick material, that appears to flake off, and can possibly irritate the throat (and perhaps do much more damage).

Now, an issue with the insulator in the kanger sub ohm tank melting appears to be occuring. Here is a video you guys can check out to see for yourselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRNT8kjDRvQ

Now, as I mentioned, I have not purchased either tanks, because I wanted to wait and see what others thought first....and while I'm extremely glad I waited, that also means I'm not sure if EITHER issue is actually what it seems to be. There is always room for user error, or rare defects, etc.

This is just a reminder to stay safe, and remember, all of these new products coming out and just that, NEW....so be careful ;)

I remember when I bought the original kanger pro tank. It was advertised as having a pyrex tank, so you no longer had to worry about "tank crackers". Well, guess what? One day I was vaping a cinnamon flavore e-liquid out of my pro tank, and the next thing I notice, is there is a white substance floating around in my tank. I stop vaping, take the tank about, and guess what? The GLUE inside of the kanger pro tank MELTED.....and could have potentially made me extremely sick.

After that, Kanger updated their pro tank 1 model, so it no longer included glue. Another example of how we have to be careful.

JayWer

Dec 28, 2014
I have had very little issues with Kanger products other than wicks drying to quickly. Aspire on the other hand was nothing but problems from the first day I ever tried one of their products which got worse with each one. I had thought however the insulating material has been switched and only caused problem when people would dry burn without pulsing.

The Joel Train

Sep 7, 2014
Connecticut
I have had an aerotank forever very little issues nothing I couldn't fix. Other than that the rare pack of bunk coils. I haven't tried nautilis I considered though.

It seems like it's the quality control for both company's you get plenty of people saying they're garbage and plenty saying their great.

The issue is as far as clearomizers go kanger and aspire if you get a good one apparently make a reliable good product for cheaper. I am not RDAs seem like way too much work I just want to be able to vape with minimal maintenance.

However it is odd how inconsistent they're. I feel like both company's are making too many products too fast. It's like they are constantly trying to improve parts of their products before they are manufactured consistently. They try and walk before they can crawl once everyone who gets their product is all saying it's great then that's when they should look at how to improve.

Last edited:

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I have had an aerotank forever very little issues nothing I couldn't fix. Other than that the rare pack of bunk coils. I haven't tried nautilis I considered though.

It seems like it's the quality control for both company's you get plenty of people saying they're garbage and plenty saying their great.

The issue is as far as clearomizers go kanger and aspire if you get a good one apparently make a reliable good product for cheaper. I am not RDAs seem like way too much work I just want to be able to vape with minimal maintenance.

However it is odd how inconsistent they're. I feel like both company's are making too many products too fast. It's like they are constantly trying to improve parts of their products before they are manufactured consistently. They try and walk before they can crawl once everyone who gets their product is all saying it's great then that's when they should look at how to improve.

In all fairness, the vaping industry is a tough one, I'm sure. There is literally TONS of money to be made, and yet at the same time, a manufacturer like Kanger or Aspire needs to constantly be on the cutting edge. Anything they release has to be new, innovative, and ahead of the curve. They have to continually release new delivery devices just to stay in the competition. That kind of atmosphere is FANTASTIC for the consumer....we have companies fighting over releasing the newest, next best thing, and constantly improving.....but for the manufacturer, I'm sure its TOUGH.

I personally love the Nautilus. I think it is great.

I also except that both the Atlantis and the Kanger Sub Ohm Tank were Aspire and Kanger's attempt at not only entering the RDA/RBA market....but MERGING them with the clearo market.

I do , however, think that more thought and preparation should have gone into BOTH devices. Aspire claims they put a LOT of testing into their process, and it makes me wonder how true that actually is.

wonkeypickle

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
'murrikka
coil issue or no coil issue, the atlantis i won from drip club absolutely and positively works without a single issue. this is a product i would've never considered purchasing myself (owning a slew of real kayfuns lol), but having won it, i decided to my dismay that it blows most of the rebuildable tanks i've tried out of the water.

pretty funny for something that costs 40 bucks and has replaceable coil heads. +1 for china, minus the coil issue i guess.....

MN_Mike

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
St. Cloud, Minnesota
I've never had a major problem with Kanger tanks. I had an issue with the protank2 but I just removed a flavor wick and problem solved. I can make their coils last an incredibly long time. I hear people having all kinds of problems with their coils. Maybe I'm just lucky? Maybe my obsessive rinsing before refilling the tank works? Who knows. They work for me.

The Joel Train

Sep 7, 2014
Connecticut
In all fairness, the vaping industry is a tough one, I'm sure. There is literally TONS of money to be made, and yet at the same time, a manufacturer like Kanger or Aspire needs to constantly be on the cutting edge. Anything they release has to be new, innovative, and ahead of the curve. They have to continually release new delivery devices just to stay in the competition. That kind of atmosphere is FANTASTIC for the consumer....we have companies fighting over releasing the newest, next best thing, and constantly improving.....but for the manufacturer, I'm sure its TOUGH.

I personally love the Nautilus. I think it is great.

I also except that both the Atlantis and the Kanger Sub Ohm Tank were Aspire and Kanger's attempt at not only entering the RDA/RBA market....but MERGING them with the clearo market.

I do , however, think that more thought and preparation should have gone into BOTH devices. Aspire claims they put a LOT of testing into their process, and it makes me wonder how true that actually is.

I get that and you bring a great point one of the reason aspire and kanger are so popular is being on the cutting edge. I also like the idea of merging the RDA/RBA with the clearo market. But I think we can all agree it will eventually catch up to them if their products are hit or miss. As a customer it is exciting but yes it must suck to keep up manufacturing wise. If I were then I would use some of their money to expand manufacturing other wise they may end up growing to big for their britches. As you mentioned too as far as testing the product it wouldn't surprise me if they cut some corners.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
I used to be like this with computers and tech-----I just HAD to have the latest, greatest, most blazing fast and powerful machine with the most RAM, the largest hard drive, the best sound card, the latest this, the latest that. Did THAT ever get old, and very, very expensive!!!!!!

I learned well. Now, 3rd or 4th generation is plenty good for me. Like the OP, I like to watch the new stuff for a bit, and let 'em get the bugs out. (This strategy has been working extremely well! :vapor:)

PS-no ax to grind with Kanger, Aspire (I have products from both and enjoy them), or any manufacturer for that matter, I just prefer to wait a bit.....)

Last edited:

underwhelmd

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Canada
Now, an issue with the insulator in the kanger sub ohm tank melting appears to be occuring. Here is a video you guys can check out to see for yourselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRNT8kjDRvQ

Have ANY trusted reviewers or actual people here (that don't have an ax to grind against Kanger) been able to replicate this?

until they do, I'm not taking this guy's word for it. How do you know what was in that tank or how many watts were put through it to make that happen.

Some guy on youtube says it's true so it must be. okaaayyy.

Cloud_Chaser

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Central Missouri
I can only speak for the Atlantis, since I don't own a sub tank yet.

Other than the ceramic material issue that is going on. It is an amazing product. The design is great, and produces some of the best flavor/vapor I have ever gotten out of a tank. Also, if you like building coils, this thing is soooo darn easy to build coils for (especially horizontal coils). I can't wait to start building some big time flavor coils to put in it and try out!!

One last thing to note. I have not been able to replicate the ceramic wick disintegration like others have had happen. I havent purposely tried to burn it, but vaping 5 tanks through a coil, and anywhere between 20-30 watts. The ceramic wick and coil look good as new.

I have a feeling that most of the people having issues with the ceramic wick are vaping the coil at too high of wattage. either that or they take like 30 second pulls lol.

Uncle00Jesse

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2014
NY
I have both. My original Nautilus I would agree was garbage. Maybe I got a bum unit, but all it did was leak every time and was just all around awful. I almost quit vaping after that fiasco because I didn't know any better. Thankfully I stuck with it. The Atlantis however is excellent. The flavor, the vapor, the performance and maintenance of it are just killer. I like it better than the Subtank. The Subtank dry hits way too often, the Atlantis never does. I think all this ceramic danger talk is just fear mongering, and is giving more fuel for regulators to shut us all down. I have a few drippers now as well with various builds and they really are no better than an Atlantis with a fresh coil.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Tried druide and a cinnamon bun thing liquid (hate cinnamon got it as a freebie with an order but used it as its well known as a tank cracker) on my rba section in the subtank as he states tank crackers are a contributing factor and vaped for three hours at 25w and the insulation on mine was as rigid as it was when I started. Maybe I'm lucky or perhaps he had one of the many revisions given out before the design was complete I couldn't understand some of the audio so might have missed something. Right now the subtank is performing great for me and I have no complaints whether I use the pre made heads or the rba section though I don't use the rba section much as I've got two lemos for that :).

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
I don't know whether the flakes off the Atlantis coils are harmful but I can say that while I was testing the atlantis i never let it get lower then half a tank (a time consuming process :)) and I had pieces in my mouth after a week of very heavy vaping not pleasant and there was plenty of liquid going to the coil. I take notice of any concerns raised on kit I have and will attempt to replicate the concern for my own piece of mind many require abnormal use to replicate or just doing stupid stuff that youd never do normally vaping but its always good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread