So here's a "family" idea for ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Reading the battery color thread and Wader's "in the know" comment made me think of it.

It's a little bit of effort and stress on already overloaded infrastructure, I acknowledge, but...

Produce the OD (Olive Drab) battery with the desert tan button, a purple LED (which is really a near-UV LED, and the reason it's so dim in the visible spectrum), possibly with a smoked or clouded "ash-cap".

Produce an OD carto blank too.

Permit us, the proud US Citizenry to "buy a soldier a PV". On our order we could choose to add one or more batteries for active duty personnel. V4L would only send them to FPO addresses via US Mail (FPO/MPS is Fleet Post Office/Military Postal Service, the designation for military bases primarily overseas, if I'm not mistaken), they go via the same US mail at the same cost, they just have an FPO designation. You'd send PV's and cartos, as available, to active duty personnel that requested it.

Given that you can cut through the necessity of active duty ID and just require an FPO, it's really not THAT much more work...

From the Wiki:

Three "state" codes have been assigned depending on the geographic location of the military mail recipient and also the carrier route used for sorting the mail. They are:

• AE (ZIPs 09xxx) for Armed Forces Europe which includes Canada, Middle East, and Africa
  • AP (ZIPs 962xx - 966xx) for Armed Forces Pacific
  • AA (ZIPs 340xx) for Armed Forces (Central and South) Americas
Military mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
Awesome; I'm in on this one. If it is too messy, you could add a product code for a donation for credit to active service personnel. They do this on your taxes (check box to donate 1$) and on our state hunting and fishing licenses (check box to donate 1$ for wetland preservation, etc). If there was an option on the checkout page, I would gladly contribute - this could add up pretty quick, great idea Jodie!

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
There is a Canadian supplier, (not on the forum) with a camo style PV they are marketing specifically to the military, It even comes with a waterproof plastic case (holder). This vendor is where I bought my first PV so I'm on their list.

What amazes me is that they advertise their E-Cigs in ways that an American supplier would never even try. A quote from their last E-Mail "Army style Disposable Electronic Cigarette to Declare War on Cancer!" That's just for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread