So I Learned Some Valuable Lessons...and a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heroinesick

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Louisville, KY
This last week. they are as follows.

1) Vivi Nova Minis are AWESOME. Out with the stardusts!
2)Don't EVER EVER EVER EVER buy ejuice from a smoke shop. Particularly if it's from some weird no name place that you've never heard of that's been sitting for at least a year. You will SO regret it, because it will taste positively awful.:blink:

3) It's always better to overestimate your nicotine needs than underestimate. I started out vaping 18 mg juice ( that isn't even that good. o_O), and thought I totally needed 12 mg.. that small little jump so fast turned me into buying cigarettes this afternoon for the first time in two weeks. /hangs head However, I have at least remedied the situation by ordering at least two months worth of 18 mg juice.

4) I have a question.

So I have kept some stardusts around for just in case moments until I get a nice stockpile of heads and stuff to sit back on. However, I have noticed that after a while ( read: Within a few days.) they get IMPOSSIBLE to draw off of without loosening them off the battery a little. Can anyone give me some insight as to what that's all about and how I can fix it/avoid it in the future?

That 6 mg jump seems like it's going to be a big one for me when the time comes to drop it down some. I don't see that happening for quite a while, but does anyone have any pointers that they have in dropping nic levels so I can store the info for the future?

TIA!

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Soak your Stardust atty heads/wicks in vodka overnight, rinse them off with water and let them dry. Not sure if that solves your problem but it seams to solve my problems with mine. Should work though.

Sorry to hear about the cigs, I have tins of Snus in the fridge just so that won't happen to me. No you don't get the hand to mouth... but when I leave them in for an hour I get a KILLER nicotine buzz. :p Actually... I'm in the mood for a nic buzz, brb.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    So I have kept some stardusts around for just in case moments until I get a nice stockpile of heads and stuff to sit back on. However, I have noticed that after a while ( read: Within a few days.) they get IMPOSSIBLE to draw off of without loosening them off the battery a little. Can anyone give me some insight as to what that's all about and how I can fix it/avoid it in the future?

1) Vivi Nova Minis are AWESOME. Out with the stardusts!
    I agree 100% :thumbs:

Please disregard flippant n00b advice to toss them in the garbage...hang on to them cuz one day you may need them- use as emergency backups.
    Sometimes the small inner post on the clearo at the batt end gets pushed up thereby requiring it to be screwed down more than normal resulting in blocking the air holes. Gently pull the post out a bit.Here's a vid and although he shows how to pull a carto post out it's the same with clearos.

As for cleaning them it's tougher if they can't be disassembled but washing cleans the wicks and dry burn cleans the gunk from the coils. Juice gunk on the coils whether it's a clearo or Vivi can hinder air flow. If you need videos re: dry burning I can find them.

That 6 mg jump seems like it's going to be a big one for me when the time comes to drop it down some. I don't see that happening for quite a while, but does anyone have any pointers that they have in dropping nic levels so I can store the info for the future?
    You can mix varying amounts of 6 mg and 12 mg in the same flavor to achieve whatever mg # you need- 7- 11mg. To jump from 12 to 6 is enormous and prolly the biggest change will be the lack of TH. I raised my PG level as it's known to enhance TH and is also know to be a throat irritant. Also added menthol drops to my juice. Realize I'm now at 2 mg (began @ 36 mg) and still get TH.
    Cheers and the best of luck.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread