So Outdated it's kinda funny. What tank is for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azn2101

Nov 2, 2018
Looked at the 18650 Vapcell vtc6a I may have to pick up those for my dual battery 18650 mods. I have an SX Mini SL class and some 21700s wont fit. Samsung batteries fit perfectly so I stick with them. I have two 30T batteries as well that I use when I want to turn it up to 11.

They released ONE batch of VTC6a's in 18650 format and people went NUTS over them apparently but there is no set release date on them.

@Skunk! showed a pic of 2 of his authentic 30Q's but how hard would it be to make any 18650 look like that, i would suggest not difficult at all, that's why you need a supplier with proven track record not ebay!

No you're completely right. I didn't know it was such a black market item until recieving these questionable batteries. Other than using probes or putting it in an OLED screened charger would be able to tell us if it was a 3000mAh batt right? Are there any ways to test amperage before putting into a device and seeing if the batt just cant deliver the 15A CDR?

Edit: The VTC5a's I have coming are from IMR so I wont have to worry about authenticity.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I uh, don't do much restricted lung hitting, I'm more of a MTL (occasionally airier, well mostly airier these days). If you want drop in coils I might suggest the 0.5 EUC coils and maybe some others in the Vaperesso line I think they do "restricted lung hit" pretty well.

If you need an RTA you might consider a Hussar clone, can get from Fasttech and 3fvape, it is inexpensive, it's flexible, and it has an airflow reducer it was my first RTA and I don't use it much but it's pretty flexible and super cheap, which is great for those first few RTAs where you (may) be tearing your hair out at first.. You can get a single or dual one IIRC and all sorts of tank options.

This is kind of a wild stab in the dark, I'm suggesting it for the most part because it is nice and flexible for a new user, and good to play around with.

I'd suggest listening to others than me though. I find the Siren V2 to be a very airy MTL vape and with the right coil you could probably push it to the restricted DL hit, but frankly other than ease of use and great flavor, it's not exactly what I'd call a restricted lung hit, either. It might be worth a shot, but I would seriously probably listen to others on this one.... Etc., etc.

Anna

Azn2101

Nov 2, 2018
I uh, don't do much restricted lung hitting, I'm more of a MTL (occasionally airier, well mostly airier these days). If you want drop in coils I might suggest the 0.5 EUC coils and maybe some others in the Vaperesso line I think they do "restricted lung hit" pretty well.

If you need an RTA you might consider a Hussar clone, can get from Fasttech and 3fvape, it is inexpensive, it's flexible, and it has an airflow reducer it was my first RTA and I don't use it much but it's pretty flexible and super cheap, which is great for those first few RTAs where you (may) be tearing your hair out at first.. You can get a single or dual one IIRC and all sorts of tank options.

This is kind of a wild stab in the dark, I'm suggesting it for the most part because it is nice and flexible for a new user, and good to play around with.

I'd suggest listening to others than me though. I find the Siren V2 to be a very airy MTL vape and with the right coil you could probably push it to the restricted DL hit, but frankly other than ease of use and great flavor, it's not exactly what I'd call a restricted lung hit, either. It might be worth a shot, but I would seriously probably listen to others on this one.... Etc., etc.

Anna

The Siren looks A-mazing for a MTL, ill just make sure to build the coils when my medications are still strong in the blood stream, kinda jealous at how much you guys have grown in technical and specialized devices. Looking at my old IPV2 and this cracked Aspire Cleito makes me feel rather...well lets just say I metaphorically pulled my Dads (r.i.p.) junker Nova into a Sport Car Magazine Shoot. Im pretty set on the Prime now becsuse of the "Tubomyevic" firmware now that you guys sucked me back into wanting to make coils again so Im gonna have to go buy the base and housing + some ribbon wire for the MTL. In regards to a DL atomizer the research I need to do but again, thank you guys so much for showing me the path and nore importantly How to walk it. All that said the Siren V2 looks like a great fit for my soon to be new MTL atomizer. Thank you all again.

Azn2101.

Reactions: stols001

Azn2101

Nov 2, 2018
A good rta for that power range is the Serpent SMM. I have 1 It is easy to build and wick. Nice Vapor production and I have encountered no leaks.I swapped out the DT for a press fit wide bore 510 and it does DL to restricted DL quite well. Haven't used it much since I got the Dead Rabbit RTAs.

Gotch'ya. Thank you for the help mate, the atomizers really aren't that much (like $80 was the highest I saw and it was a 2 in 1 (E-juice + viscous cannabis Concentrates) so ill probably end up buying a few to check them all out and see what I like

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Gotch'ya. Thank you for the help mate, the atomizers really aren't that much (like $80 was the highest I saw and it was a 2 in 1 (E-juice + viscous ........ Concentrates) so ill probably end up buying a few to check them all out and see what I like
The one I mentioned was rebuildable. It requires building and wicking your own coils. If you want to venture into that territory I would suggest getting an RDA first. It is easier to learn on an RDA. It can be frustrating at first getting RTA s to wick properly. Some nice RDAs to start with. Dead rabbit, Drop, Drop Dead. All are easy to build on and get used to building before you move on to different RBAs. I cant give any suggestions on tanks with prepackaged coils, I haven't used them in a long time.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
For sure. Thank you for all your help.
The new Serpent Elevate which is coming outlooks good for restricted lung hit looks very easy to build on, and the design kind of makes you have the coil in the perfect position, single coil and looks to be wicked more like a GTA so shouldn't have problems their. leakfree design with being top to bottom airflow and looking at both the airflow outlets on the deck and how reduced the chamber will be will give you flavour you didn't think was possible going by your old tanks.

Azn2101

Nov 2, 2018
The new Serpent Elevate which is coming outlooks good for restricted lung hit looks very easy to build on, and the design kind of makes you have the coil in the perfect position, single coil and looks to be wicked more like a GTA so shouldn't have problems their. leakfree design with being top to bottom airflow and looking at both the airflow outlets on the deck and how reduced the chamber will be will give you flavour you didn't think was possible going by your old tanks.

Man, you guys are making me drool. All these new tanks/atomizers look awesome!

• Agree

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
@skunk makes a good point with RDA but my thoughts on that is if you have not used an RDA before you might not like the whole having to add liquid and you have other problems to consider like does it viciously spit or too hot on the lips. This is why you need to get plenty of information from different people and not just one or two because our advice with the best will in the world will be tainted with our own bios.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
MTL is “Mouth To Lung” where you draw the smoke into your mouth then inhale it. It’s more like a cigarette, uses higher nicotine juice (12-24mg/ml), uses resistances generally around 1ohm or higher, and produces less vapor.
DL is “Direct Lung” where the vapor is inhaled directly. It’s a newer method characterized by lower nic levels, very low resistances and much lower nic juice (3-6mg/ml)

Interesting. I do both MTL & DL using 18mg/ml nicotine. Reckon I'm just a weirdo. Yes, it's okay if I am. :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The Siren looks A-mazing for a MTL, ill just make sure to build the coils when my medications are still strong in the blood stream, kinda jealous at how much you guys have grown in technical and specialized devices. Looking at my old IPV2 and this cracked Aspire Cleito makes me feel rather...well lets just say I metaphorically pulled my Dads (r.i.p.) junker Nova into a Sport Car Magazine Shoot. Im pretty set on the Prime now becsuse of the "Tubomyevic" firmware now that you guys sucked me back into wanting to make coils again so Im gonna have to go buy the base and housing + some ribbon wire for the MTL. In regards to a DL atomizer the research I need to do but again, thank you guys so much for showing me the path and nore importantly How to walk it. All that said the Siren V2 looks like a great fit for my soon to be new MTL atomizer. Thank you all again.

Azn2101.
The other way to look at it is you used the same gear we pretty much all used to have too and made it last far longer than we were able to

• Agree

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
There's nothing wrong with grabbing another Cleito, and the good thing about that is that you'll probably get it at a good price, as it's considered older gear (but still awesome).
The Uwell Crown (original, version 1) is also a great restricted DL device with awesome flavour. Also considered "older" but still great.

As for a mod, the Fuchai duo (either the 2 batt or 3 batt or the one that's convertible) is a hand friendly decent budget mod. I have a couple and really like them.

An even smaller form factor, two 18650 battery mod is the Eleaf Invoke. Seems it's not overly hyped or popular but it's miniscule, practically bullet proof, and reliable as heck.

• Agree

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Been using Aspire cleito .4ohm coils with 80VG liquids for 3 years now between 47.5 - 55W and never felt the need for anything else since despite newer developments. No leaks, last forever, great cloud and flavour, easy on maintenance etc.... Also they don't tear through liquid too fast.

I guess it all depends what you're looking for? What are you finding lacking with the Cleito tanks and coils you already use? If it's bigger clouds and more flavour, and still like Aspire, then I guess you could look at lower ohm coils, mesh coils, multi head coils etc... Just bear in mind that all adds up to going through more liquid and spending more cash on it....

If you want to spend a little less, the only other one I can vouch for is the Innokin i-sub V. .5 ohm coils. Same good coild and tank build quality as aspire IME and coil cost comes in a little cheaper. Cleito packs a bit more of a flavour punch but the -sub V is no slouch either....

I can't really talk about anything higher power as A. I have not used them and B. Have tried them in stores and while they were all V good, I don't personally need more than the i-sub V and Cleito delivers and don't want to tear through juice any quicker either...

If you're on say 3mg, pop some 6mg or mix it with 3mg in the Cleito and it'll give you some more punch...

So nothing that exciting from me in terms of suggestions...

;)

fowlerkenRog

Moved On
Nov 30, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: Spam

fowlerkenRog

Moved On
Nov 30, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: Spam

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Free Beauty Lies In The Eyes Of The Beholder Essays 1 30 Anti Essays. essays/ even a thesis you might also wish to Show more. argumentative essay on standardized testing Best Sample College Essays for Schools Beginning with F.
In this edition: reactions to Barack Obama's speech on the Islamic. You should probably stay away from overused phrases such as In conclusion, To summarize, or In closing. for anyone running Linux It works, now I can access my Linux from my Android. Will you write my research paper for me ::: Buy College Papers. business literature review example
English translation of ( qian / qi n ) money in Chinese. Senior Geologist conducting oversight for various soil and nuclear protocol. expansion, Unpublished Master Thesis // Sabanc University Graduate School of. The Globe Books 100: Best Canadian fiction The Globe and Mail. this selfproclaimed expert, the author), and each answer is different. Attention Teachers: Contact us to find out about free reporting. how to rewrite your resume
Do us all a favor and take a long walk down a short pier. Best of luck to you and I wish you continued success in all your endeavors.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Free Beauty Lies In The Eyes Of The Beholder Essays 1 30 Anti Essays. essays/ even a thesis you might also wish to Show more. argumentative essay on standardized testing Best Sample College Essays for Schools Beginning with F.
In this edition: reactions to Barack Obama's speech on the Islamic. You should probably stay away from overused phrases such as In conclusion, To summarize, or In closing. for anyone running Linux It works, now I can access my Linux from my Android. Will you write my research paper for me ::: Buy College Papers. business literature review example
English translation of ( qian / qi n ) money in Chinese. Senior Geologist conducting oversight for various soil and nuclear protocol. expansion, Unpublished Master Thesis // Sabanc University Graduate School of. The Globe Books 100: Best Canadian fiction The Globe and Mail. this selfproclaimed expert, the author), and each answer is different. Attention Teachers: Contact us to find out about free reporting. how to rewrite your resume
Congratulations probable bot. You have earned my first ignore ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread