• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

so there i was..

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirts

Jan 22, 2018
singapore
trying to hit the post count as i'm a new member. might as well share a story while i'm at it.

so there i was, a couple years back in ft polk, and we were moving a battalion.
long story short, instructor pilot gets into the seat next to mine (check flight for me), breaks spring holding it up, and now his seat is way down to the floor board.

now in a CH-47, the instrument combing sits pretty high up, so you gotta get your seat pretty much half way up to be able to see anything out the front. i turn to see the top of his night vision peeking over the top of the combing and he says "alright LT, i can't see anything. you've got this. don't kill us."

we go fly, i've got a sling load jeep under me, my formation of 4 trying to get into the LZ with another formation of -60s, lost, trying to get into the same LZ, and we meet face to face.

puckered my .... cheeks, slammed the aircraft into a hard turn, crew chief yelling in back, we come out unscathed. it was total blackness in the cockpit less the dim instrument lights, and total silence as everyone tried to comprehend how we almost died.

and all of a sudden, i smelt a strong, strawberry cheesecake like scent. i turn to look at my IP, and there he was, happily vaping away, clueless as to how close the -60s came to us. he cracks a huge smile, and says ,"that's why i use tanks. no spills."

#truestory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread