• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kids!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Even at the age of 34 my son still can use that, "Mom, can you do this voice."
His car is a 2002 which is getting up there but I can't say anything because mine is a 1994. Still, mine is still under a 100,000 miles, and he is over 250,000. Yes, he drives a lot, but most of it is over the road. Body & frame are in great shape so he's put in a second engine and transmission. He doesn't want car payments and I don't blame him.
This weekend he is replacing the front seats---driver's side is electric and doesn't work anymore and is way past worn. He got a good price on some used ones through ebay several months ago. The design is a bit different but he got both the front and the back seat. If I remember right, there was still snow on the ground. If anything my son is one of the best procrastinators.

Well the thing about keeping an old car up is things break which is the case with the turn, window wiper, etc. switch so he is going to replace it this weekend. This will be done in my garage where we have been storing the seats.

I get this call and hear this ten year old tone that I still hear occasionally.
"Mom, I won't have time to clean the seats, would you do this for me."

I'm such a schmuck. Yes, I do it. Just got it done. Not a totally idiot though because he gets to do the back seat and is bring Mexican home for dinner.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
15? 8 months?

You'll be raising kids forever!!! lol

And I do mean that because they will always be your babies and the majority of the time, after they move out, they come back once.

I think it might be more than that right now because getting started in life is hard with the cost of things these days.

Then there are times like recessions/depressions and layoffs.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
See, they are soooo cute when they are babies, then around 2 years old, they lose that 'new baby smell' and it's time for another one! lol I don't know that any of them will ever move out. I plan on building a tree house for myself and pulling the ladder up behind me. It may not be much of a escape plan, but it's what I've come up with so far. lol

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
Even at the age of 34 my son still can use that, "Mom, can you do this voice."
His car is a 2002 which is getting up there but I can't say anything because mine is a 1994. Still, mine is still under a 100,000 miles, and he is over 250,000. Yes, he drives a lot, but most of it is over the road. Body & frame are in great shape so he's put in a second engine and transmission. He doesn't want car payments and I don't blame him.
This weekend he is replacing the front seats---driver's side is electric and doesn't work anymore and is way past worn. He got a good price on some used ones through ebay several months ago. The design is a bit different but he got both the front and the back seat. If I remember right, there was still snow on the ground. If anything my son is one of the best procrastinators.

Well the thing about keeping an old car up is things break which is the case with the turn, window wiper, etc. switch so he is going to replace it this weekend. This will be done in my garage where we have been storing the seats.

I get this call and hear this ten year old tone that I still hear occasionally.
"Mom, I won't have time to clean the seats, would you do this for me."

I'm such a schmuck. Yes, I do it. Just got it done. Not a totally idiot though because he gets to do the back seat and is bring Mexican home for dinner.

You're a good parent.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
ok now for something less depressing than many of my posts! I have a 19 month old girl. Her latest 'thing' is she has decided to become a nudist. She is very serious about her new lifestyle choice. My objection is that she is not housebroken. I know I'm squahing her civil rights and freedom of expression and all, but I am doing it anyway. I am sure she will pay me back when she's a teenager. I Cannot keep a diaper on her ....! or clothes. She just stands up, announces she's fed up with the morally old-fashioned, out of touch regime and constrictive atmosphere and peels out of everything. I left her with her redneck father to take one of the other kids to the dr. When I came back... his solution was to duct tape her diaper on. What can I say?? I had another child that was also a stripper and I used the same solution when putting the diaper on backwards like you do a monkey failed to stop the preformances....

kaderick

ECF Veteran
To funny! My almoost 3 is also very into the nudist lifestyle. She would rather sit on the porch naked then to put clothes on to play in the yard. She does seem to realize we have to put clothes on to go somewhere but as soon as we are home it is all comming off. Three girl 12, 4 and almost 3. Just to even it out a little both my dogs are male lol.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I LOVE new baby smell! Makes me all mushy and hormonal. It's probably a good thing I cannot have any more babies, because I would not have stopped on my own. I know what is rational and what isn't, and I know my wanting this many and more kids is not the most rational thing. Still makes me sad though that this 'last' baby, is really the last baby. sigh.... now I have to wait at least 10 more years for grandbabies to start rolling in. heh heh heh.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
ok now for something less depressing than many of my posts! I have a 19 month old girl. Her latest 'thing' is she has decided to become a nudist. She is very serious about her new lifestyle choice. My objection is that she is not housebroken. I know I'm squahing her civil rights and freedom of expression and all, but I am doing it anyway. I am sure she will pay me back when she's a teenager. I Cannot keep a diaper on her ....! or clothes. She just stands up, announces she's fed up with the morally old-fashioned, out of touch regime and constrictive atmosphere and peels out of everything. I left her with her redneck father to take one of the other kids to the dr. When I came back... his solution was to duct tape her diaper on. What can I say?? I had another child that was also a stripper and I used the same solution when putting the diaper on backwards like you do a monkey failed to stop the preformances....

I sympathize with you. I have 3 boys 11 7 and 4. every time it is bath time the house is full of streaking boys. with that and then all the boy stuff going on around here I have threatened to get my own place sometimes. just a place to escape to when I need girl time.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I sympathize with you. I have 3 boys 11 7 and 4. every time it is bath time the house is full of streaking boys. with that and then all the boy stuff going on around here I have threatened to get my own place sometimes. just a place to escape to when I need girl time.

You DO have to have some 'girl time'... for your own sanity! I threaten to build myself a treehouse and pull up the ladder behind me when it gets too nuts around here. lol

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
This is where my friend (the one that drives me nuts sometimes) comes in. We run away from home and go Goodwilling. Most of the time we don't buy much but it is fun.
Of course, my kids are grown so I CAN do this. When the kids were young, I'd wait for hubby to get home and go for a bicycle ride or go play cards. Everybody needs me time. The bad thing is that a lot of time we don't get it when we really need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread