Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
A thought that may have no real basis, but occurred to me while I was looking at this:

We’ve been seeing a lot of anti ecig stuff with pretty bad science and journalism fundamentals coming out of Vox news lately.
This article popped up in my feed which has nothing to do with e-cigarettes but may belong more specifically here, and may explain a bit more about how and why VOX seems to do what it does:
The push to unionize cannabis workers, explained

It seems VOX does a lot of news on cannabis, and had a major union thing go off in June, so they ftm also do a lot of union stuff.

we may be seeing what we see from Vox because their info pipeline comes from THC products rather than ecig products, and they’ve got other irons in the fire as well that may influence their attitude.

Egzoset

Sep 19, 2014
Canada
Salutations,

The recent "vaping deaths" made me want to search the subject further after i realized that Google would fail to submit many relevant contaminant-related articles unless i asked for those literally. So here's some of what i could find at the cost of relentless browsing hours:

[ https:// www.inlander.com/spokane/its-illegal-to-use-many-pesticides-on-marijuana-but-the-state-isnt-yet-testing-it/Content?oid=18022098 ]
IL: It's illegal to use many pesticides on marijuana - but the state isn't yet testing it (2019-Jul-25)

We currently do not test for pesticides... ... ...you need some very expensive equipment. ... ...testing failures were so high that he estimated a full third of legal marijuana in the state was contaminated by illegal levels of pesticides.

Then more recently:

[ https:// www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/09/13/pesticides-vape-pen-one-reasons-many-getting-sick-column/2274158001/ ]
UT: Vaping deaths and booming black market: Pot experiment will fail without better oversight (2019-Sep-13)

It’s common knowledge out here that if a legit grower has weed that won’t pass the state test for contaminants, they just sell it into the black market.

Which i find somewhat confusing if not desorienting but this must be a result of state vs federal politics, go figure!

In any case this other fine sample proved to be quite some eye opener:

Leafly - Pesticide Fail Rates (2019-Aug-8) [640x400] .PNG

[ https:// www.leafly.com/news/industry/lab-shopping-thc-inflation-marijuana-2019-leafly-review ]
Leafly: 40% THC Flower?! How Lab Shopping and THC Inflation Cheat Cannabis Consumers (2019-Aug-8)

In an era of tougher-than-organic standards, some have begun shopping for passing pesticide results as well, said Swetha Kaul, chief scientific officer at Cannalysis Labs in Santa Ana, California.

Growers and distributors are lab shopping for more than high THC scores. Some appear to be shopping for passing grades for pesticides, which is much more worrisome.

Either California growers have really cleaned up their act, or they’re finding a way to pass dirty product...

Looking for a trigger event? That could be it, which i suspect to have combined to accelerating factors such as conduction heat being a fundamental basis of the "vaping" consumption method. In other words legality is more a decoy than a proof of safety...

Good day, have fun!! :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread