Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Sorry about that, folks. We had a major issue with the forum database which took the site down. As you can see, it's back up now, but will be running a bit slow for a few hours while the database re-indexes. We're working diligently to get everything back to where it should be. Thanks for your patience.

Cat_in_the_Playground

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Sure there is: ECF Live Chat irc.e-cigarette-forum.com:6667

I've never heard about this. What/when is the live chat? Is anyone ever there?

I guess its a good thing I had an event to go to today to keep me occupied. ECF was up and running when I finally went to sleep at 7:30a. It was up when I checked quickly before leaving around 12:30p. When I got home and checked at 7:30p - no ECF. At least I only had about 1/2 hr to occupy myself checking email and FB till it was back up. The slowness is getting old. When I write a long post, I always copy it b/c I have lost too many when the forum freezes up & learned my lesson.

Speaking of addiction to ECF like addiction to nicotine, I think I got addicted to ECF faster than I got addicted to nicotine... At least ECF is healthier :)

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Sorry about that, folks. We had a major issue with the forum database which took the site down. As you can see, it's back up now, but will be running a bit slow for a few hours while the database re-indexes. We're working diligently to get everything back to where it should be. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks much AngusATAT for all your hardwork. It's really appreciated.

After 4 hours down I started thinking the PHARMAS & WACKOBACCO companies hacked us !! I learned a Valuable lesson today. I was busy writing a Classified (tons of wording) tried to download photos..... no go! I immediately highlighted / copied my large ad to Word.... WHEW! Didn't have to retype.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Speaking of addiction to ECF like addiction to nicotine, I think I got addicted to ECF faster than I got addicted to nicotine... At least ECF is healthier :)

The FDA are looking at regulating us as ECF is classified as an addictive drug with no marketing license. :(

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
I've never heard about this. What/when is the live chat? Is anyone ever there?
ECF Live Chat is the ECF IRC server.
You can access ECF Live Chat through the link at the top of every forum page. This will launch a web based irc client called mibbit.

If you would rather not use a web based IRC client you can use mIRC, XChat, IRSSI, or any other IRC capable client of your choice.

You can click my signature or configure your client to connect to irc.e-cigarette-forum.com port 6667

WE have people there almost all the time, though it does slow down in the wee hours. If you need some help getting started:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...467-ecf-live-chat-help-basics-quick-help.html

Last edited:

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
For the next three weeks we will be doing some major upgrades, so there is a possibility of issues from time to time.

After that it will be like greased lightning and boy will I be glad when it gets finished. Well - it's never finished, more people keep coming along and loading up the servers. :) Our traffic doubles every year, where do all those people come from?

Anyway, when the upgrades are done, we should then be in a position to be able to add a new box whenever necessary, without any disruption. Well, I can hope...

Cat_in_the_Playground

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta, GA
<<SNIP>>After 4 hours down I started thinking the PHARMAS & WACKOBACCO companies hacked us !! I learned a Valuable lesson today. I was busy writing a Classified (tons of wording) tried to download photos..... no go! I immediately highlighted / copied my large ad to Word.... WHEW! Didn't have to retype.
I have learned this lesson as well. After I finish typing anything, I copy it and then submit reply. I have lost too many from the server busy response. Saves a lot of retyping.
ECF Live Chat is the ECF IRC server.
You can access ECF Live Chat through the link at the top of every forum page. This will launch a web based irc client called mibbit.

If you would rather not use a web based IRC client you can use mIRC, XChat, IRSSI, or any other IRC capable client of your choice.

You can click my signature or configure your client to connect to irc.ecigarette-foum.com port 6667

WE have people there almost all the time, though it does slow down in the wee hours. If you need some help getting started:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...467-ecf-live-chat-help-basics-quick-help.html
Thank you! I'll definitely check this out.
For the next three weeks we will be doing some major upgrades, so there is a possibility of issues from time to time.

After that it will be like greased lightning and boy will I be glad when it gets finished. Well - it's never finished, more people keep coming along and loading up the servers. :) Our traffic doubles every year, where do all those people come from?

Anyway, when the upgrades are done, we should then be in a position to be able to add a new box whenever necessary, without any disruption. Well, I can hope...

Can't wait!

I'm just glad everyone wasn't caught up in a sweep by the FDAs secret ecig police... (although I'm not sure they aren't surrounding my building as I type...)

knobbysmoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
North Texas

A wonderful problem to have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread