• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

So...what do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Thought I'd make some attempt at boosting traffic in here (I'm a little bored)...

So what is your equipment? Is the Ego king in the NW like it seems to be everywhere else? Is everyone using VV mods or Wetboxes? Is there some nearby juice supplier we should all be swarming to?

I'll begin:
Using a couple Leo's and kr8s. Get my juice from FSUSA...

Only been vaping five weeks.

logrus

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
I'm using a couple of generic KR808-1 autos, but I'll probably switch to manuals if I stick with the KR batt; not that I've had a problem but I refill cartos so I have to be somewhat diligent bout keeping juice out of the air hole and V4L is supposed to be getting some matte black KRs in the future.

I switched to FSUA after first using V4L Wow juice, nothing wrong with the V4L juice but FSUSA's price drop on larger orders and their speed of service is damned awesome. Also the incredible flexibility of options they offer make up for the horrible website design.

I'm vaping 30mg 80/20 Menthol Ultra with just a squirt of the leftover Wow Nuport 24mg because I like that little bit of mint. My next order from FSUSA will probably be a custom mix of the Menthol Ultra with some mint for aroma.

I've been using V4L cartos, mostly Cool-Carts but I just ordered some Ikenvape KR808 megas. I'm considering trying out the 2Ohm LR 808 megas they just started carrying.

atsirk

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Hi neighbors :) I'm using the eGo/Riva batts with reg and LR 510 attys. I have a loaner Silver Bullet mod, but it's a little heavy/bulky for constant use (I'm such a girl lol). Have been looking fairly seriously at the GLV Mini or Super Mini, but not ready to pull the trigger yet. I have tried a lot of vendors, and have narrowed it down to Backwoods Brew, Vaperite, Kick Bass, Southern Ambrosia, Ms. T's, and Gourmet Vapor for juices.

Haven't ever been asked to put my PV away when vaping in public, but I don't go out a lot so that's no big thing. Would love to have a local vendor for supplies, but there's a drawback to that - no more mailbox happiness. I'm surprised I don't see more vapers around - I expect that will change with time.

Happy vaping!

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Good to hear from both of you! (Dry that poor cat off atsirk!) I talked to a guy today about e-cigs.... he's got a crappy mall model. It didn't work for him, and it sounded like they soured him on the whole deal :( I have to get some disposable kr8's with good juice for people....

Man, those GLVs look nice! If I were a dripper.... But I'm not, so I got a GoGo instead. Should be here tomorrow (yay!)

Let me know how those LR808's are, logrus. If they are good I might get some (mine are Boge Premiums).

I've seen two other vapers at work(customers)... They had small e-cigs (one may have been a kr8, the other was a mini) and sparked my interest in the technology...though they did not readily answer what questions I had. I haven't seen them since.

I work at Anna Bannana's in NW -- if you're in that part of town and need some coffee drop on in(I may or may not be there). I'm the only PVer on the staff, and I don't use it in the front room (except when it's empty), but the (admittedly dark and dingy) basement is usually empty so I think vaping would be fine down there. I vape all I want down there, and the owner supports my change of habit. Eventually I hope to get vaping allowed throughout the place.... Outside everything goes, of course :) <-- I hope this 'plug' for my work isn't inappropriate forum etiquette. If it is: I'm sorry!

Wolfstar

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
Oregon
Hi there y'all...sorry to revive this thread if it's dead, but I'm kinda bored and was wondering if anyone else in Portland was vapin'. Good to see we have a few...I've been able to convert a few people, and actually managed to get one friend out in Ione set up with a GoGo. He loves it, and calls me just to talk about vaping (although he is my hubby's friend, not mine so much) but since he has heart problems, and many other issues as well, he went out and bought some funky e-cig set up that is some kind of 510 3-piece knock off...all proprietary and not the best if you want to actually switch over. So I went online while he was here visiting once, and complaining loudly about the raw deal he got...found CigEasy and we ordered him the GoGo. He loves it so much, we got one for my Hubby. It sure is a vapor producer! Now if I can just teach him how to fill his own cartos! But I use the Kr808D-1's as they are the best for ease of use and work like a charm! Love the V4L's choices in batteries, and of course I have the Diamond Series batteries. Love those XLs and the bling! They last a lot longer than the regulars, at least they seem to for me. Hope everyone is doing well, please come back on and let's talk a bit!

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Hello, I'm in gresham...I just started vaping. With an Apollo extreme kit...working well...loving it!

Hmmm looks like one of the newer kr8s? I hate it when sites don't tell you what threading you have. Prices don't look too out of line, though. ...so it looks like you made a pretty good choice!
If you get sick of their flavors, there are hundreds from vendors on ECF. ...and if you smoke a pack or more per day, you may need more batteries or a bigger system. Those little batts run out quicker then you'd think!

Oh, and those cartos DO NOT equal a pack of cigs for most people. 4ml cartos (2-4 times the size of theirs) are closer to a pack, maybe a little less. If you buy separate liquid you can refill your cartos and save a little money.

Last edited:

joe dirt

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2011
portland oregon
Apollo extreme uses a 906 thread,..but they have adapters for a 510 cart...I've noticed these carts are a bit larger...my fresh blank cart took almost 40 drops the first time...battery seems to last almost a full day....I am looking at upgrading soon and handing this kit to my wife...she is using a crummy mall kiosk kit rite now

Yup..sent from my HTC inspire using tapatalk

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Never used a 906, but hey, whatever keeps you from smoking! 40 drops is around 2mls (not bad). I vape a lot, so 280mah just doesn't cut it (I need 800 at least!). Those mall models are supposed to suck from what I hear - I haven't tried one or even SEEN one in Portland... I thought they weren't for sale in malls here.... but then, I don't go to malls so how would I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread