So what happened????

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalrain

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
I'm vaping at the puter with my one month old Vapor4life
USB passthrough, I set it down, 60 seconds later i smell something hot, and see my black carto smoking, the paper half burnt off exposing the shinny metal, pick it up quick, way to hot to handle, unplug the USB, grab a cloth so i can handle it, let it cool, try a new carto, and now my passthrough refuses to work. Did the cart cause this damage? or did the passthrough stay in the "on" position?

I've always just left my passthrough plugged into the computer, I'm going to un-plug from now on anytime i'm not here. Do i re-order an automatic, or try the manual. I can honestly say this is my first trouble free passthrough until today. It lasted a total of 5 weeks.

Metalrain

Laz777

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2010
East Coast
And so goes it. This problem will most likely only get worse. It needs to be addressed before someone gets hurt. It's not about a 2% failure rate (which is impressive) compared with a 98% success rate, it's about those trying to take our freedoms away. I guarantee you they will use incidents like this against us and our right to do as we please (vaping instead of smoking). It doesn't matter that there are lots of products out there that are way more dangerous then vaporizers. What matters is the political aspect. I'm perfectly fine with using my manual PT after my little accident. I'll just make sure, knowing what I know about the product, to be extra careful. But we know how anything politicized gets blown out of perportion and this little problem is an "in" for them. They will use it in their fight to take away yet another of our freedoms.

-Laz.

Nilius

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
CLE
nilius17.com
e9efec7b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread