So what should I get for my birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
I had to clean it up a bit with some white vinegar, it shined up nice. The threads are great. The button is different than the X, I think they call it the old style. I prefer it to the X's button, easier to push and a slightly longer throw. Still a little crunchy if pushed off center. I just ordered the copper afc ring for the Zenith V2 to finish out the look. I don't know how you're going to be able to wait to use it.
Castle Long and Castle Long reserve are the only 5 Pawns I enjoy.

My clone X's button needed a bit of work before it started working right, the throw was originally super short, to the point that it would auto fire, I had to slip an oring under the delrin to give it enough space. Now its probably about 2-3 mm worth of throw. I also smoothed out the edges of the bottom portion of the switch and now its pretty smooth. I read that the Copper LE needs a bit of a break in time before the switch really smooths out, but graphite also helps. White vinegar, mmm didnt know you could polish with that. Since I don't plan on the leaving the house with mine, I'll probably keep it nice and shiny. Well good luck with it man, I'll be joining the club soon.

And five pawns is on my short list to try. Probably going to order the samplers in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread