Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So I have been considering trying WTA in some of my DIY juices to help my wife stop being a dual user. I have some questions though.

1. I was looking at buying this TASTEMAKER PURE and it seems to be listed in mg/ml. Is this the nic level with WTA on top of that, or is it the total WTA level (including nic and the wta), or is it the WTA and there is no nic in this so you need to add your own from another source? - ANSWER: At least for UmbraVapes the %WTA is relative to the nic. So the higher the nic level the higher the WTA level as well. Making theirs acceptabe to dilute.

2. The wife has been vaping DIY juice that is 6mg/ml of regular nic. What level should I set her up with using WTA? 6mg nic + 6mg WTA, or 3mg nic + 3 mg WTA, or just 6mg WTA, or something else?

3. Any other tips/tricks/gotchyas using WTA I should be aware of?

Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
As I understand it after reading through a few Aroma threads... The manufacturer adds a certain percentage of pure WTA concentrate to a base. Then nicotine is added to get it to a certain mg/ml level.
I'm actually very glad you started this thread as certain things are still "dim" to me....
I actually emailed Aroma to hear if their 6mg diy contains the same amount of WTA as the say 24mg, but haven't had an answer yet.
I hope the right people joins in here to clear up some misteries...!

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay so Aroma wholesale comes in 2 strengths 24 and 36 and to me (I added similar amounts to each tank) the alkaloid levels seemed the same. Mother's Milk wholesale came with no nic level and I assume it had little to none. Again, only used a 1/4 dropperful max in a tank. I got Umbavape at 18 mg, and I do think that all the wholesale unflavoreds probably have the same amount of WTA, as nic seems to be able to be added at any particular level.

If you get the wholesale or DIY kind of WTA, I think the levels remain the same across the board. I could be wrong on this, but based on my using it, and the way I did, I sort of think that going with the wholesale or DIY ejuice at whatever nic level you use (or higher, since it's a small amount in the tank) would be the way to go. This is only based on my reactions to the WTA that I've used, I'm afraid. Way too early to deal with google, but it does sound like something useful to know for sure.

I will say I was surprised at how little WTA I needed to make a difference in my vape.

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Digging through the Umba site I did get part of question 1 answered. The mg listed is the mg of nicotine only. So 24mg is 24mg of nicotine. I still don't know if the 24mg base contains a proportionally higher amount of WTA or if it is the same as the lower nic bases.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I still don't know if the 24mg base contains a proportionally higher amount of WTA or if it is the same as the lower nic bases.
That has been my Nemesis since my WTA journey started, and couldn't get an answer yet. Its like its the best kept secret..!

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I did place an order with Umba, 24mg. I guess I will try to use it so that the final solution is 6mg nic total (3mg from the WTA and 3mg from regular nic) to start. If that doesn't work I'll bump it to 6mg all from the WTA base. Holy COW those shipping prices though. $8.99 to ship a 30ml bottle from Kentucky to Texas via USPS is stupid high.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
@ScottP
According to Ben at Umba.....
the WTA % is relative to the nicotine %.
That means the higher the nic %, the higher the wta %.
That is different to how I understood it to be.

EXCELLENT. Then I am glad I ordered the 24mg. Now I know how I am going to use it.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I'm actually kind of stuck on it. I ordered 12mg and plan to just vape it straight. At that price I can afford to, other than Aroma.
My thinking is if I order it 24mg, and I dilute it to 12mg, i'll still have the same % wta in there...am I right?...I'm a bit daft with these things :?:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I'm actually kind of stuck on it. I ordered 12mg and plan to just vape it straight. At that price I can afford to, other than Aroma.
My thinking is if I order it 24mg, and I dilute it to 12mg, i'll still have the same % wta in there...am I right?...I'm a bit daft with these things :?:

That would be correct based on what you relayed that Ben said.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but... if the WTA content is proportional to the nic diluting 24mg by half should give you the same amount of WTAs as are present in the 12mg.

• Agree
Reactions: Opinionated

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but... if the WTA content is proportional to the nic diluting 24mg by half should give you the same amount of WTAs as are present in the 12mg.
Yeah that's what I mean. I was thinking of ordering 24 and dilute it, but its so affordable. I also want to test the true taste of it (at 12) before I start playing around with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread