Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
You can get different cones for the evic, but you should be able to screw a kayfun on and have it fairly flush, if not perfectly flush. The 510 connection and the top of the cone are almost in sync. Some Kayfun allow you to control the connection and may be perfectly flush for good looks. Also, the evic has many after market tubes and cones. Mine have Kir Fanis tubes and look very nice. I'm not crazy about the slope of the cone on the evic, but it's ok. There are flat top wide cones, though, that don't taper, if you can find them in stock. The evic is a nice APV, though at only 5 volts, a little under powered. Best display around, I think. My two cents. YMMV. Good luck!

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Here is what the eVic looks like without the end cap
photo evic.jpg

Here is a link to square end caps for the eVic
https://www.cignot.com/product_p/evc-acy-all.htm

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Which one of these would match the standard factory chrome tube that the eVic comes with?

I just bought one off of eBay from someone who bought it directly from Joyetech, and when I got it, it was a much lighter silver color than the factory tube. It also seemed much more 'brushed' compared to my tube.

I feel as if the "Stainless Brushed" looks like it would match it, but then again, the one I currently have is more brushed than the factory tube...Would it be the "Stainless Bright"?

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Which one of these would match the standard factory chrome tube that the eVic comes with?

I just bought one off of eBay from someone who bought it directly from Joyetech, and when I got it, it was a much lighter silver color than the factory tube. It also seemed much more 'brushed' compared to my tube.

I feel as if the "Stainless Brushed" looks like it would match it, but then again, the one I currently have is more brushed than the factory tube...Would it be the "Stainless Bright"?

The Stainless Bright is a chrome like finish, the Stainless Brushed is is more of a silver brushed.

I've never seen the chrome battery tube from Joyetech so I can't compare it for you. I have 2 eVic one is black from Ovale and the other is a silver with a brushed/satin finish from Joyetech.

The Joyetech website shows black and silver tubes but not chrome so I couldn't compare there either.

I did buy and after market tube set in chrome and the stainless bright end cap from cignot matches it nicely.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

joshneedham

Feb 21, 2014
Chicago, IL
I bought the joyetech 'brushed' straight evic top piece from the cignot b&m in my town for $4, and a green 18350 body tube online. I found a great deal on the tubes; actually they are 18350 tubes for the smoktech sid, but they are COMPLETELY interchangeable with the evic head. Picked it up from hoosierecig.com for $8.49 and that includes the battery cap. Most site do NOT include this piece. They have black, pink, purple, blue, orange, silver, and green in 18650, 18500, and 18350 sizes. I'll be ordering more colors, the fit is perfect and there is no gap by the control ring like on some other aftermarket tubes. Here's a pic of my current setup: image-5.jpg

Couple of questions for you guys.

Can the top piece above the head be screwed off so something like a kayfun can be screwed on and mounted flush?

Also where can I get a smaller body tube that will fit the 18350 battery?

Anybody mod theirs like this?

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread