Some help please rebuilding kanger heads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
So tried to rebuild first kanger head with some 32 gauge kanthal. Wrapped it around about a 16 gauge blunt tip needle about 7 times. came out to 2.4 ohms was wanting something closer to 1.5-1.8 ohm. Do i need to do more wraps or less wraps? I also have some 26 gauge but its quite big and hard to fit in there. I didnt torch the coil red cause I dont have a butane lighter atm. Im using labo japanese cotton as the wick... maybe I used too much cotton, cause it is thick... I am vaping 70 percent VG juice though on a regular 3.7 volt battery so I dont believe the 2.4 ohms is heating the juice enough to get a decent hit. (I could barely get clouds of it it, and battery got real hot)

What would be great is some sort of tutorial video using 32 gauge. I been using needles to wrap since it fits in the cup real nice to mount, but I wouldnt be opposed to wrapping wire around something else.

Maybe just need to grab a kayfun lite clone or something similar to build on... not only would be easier but also better performance. these kanger heads so small its hard for me to keep the coils completely straight and even to be able to thread the thick japanese cotton through. Im wondering if a rebuildable would be the better route..... thanks for any advice here, its a lot to learn at once but I know the only way to figure it out is to get hands dirty and I did but first coil was 2.4 ohms too much LOL

minitater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
tennessee
www.minitater.com
I've been rebuilding my Kanger coils (t3's) for two years with no issues. Using 28 kanthal, five wraps on a small jeweler's screwdriver and rayon for the wick. Most come to 2.4 ohms which works great for me. Less wraps may give you lower ohms.
I tried more than five wraps, but they sometimes touched the sides and shorted out.

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
If I wasn't at work right now, there is a Great YouTube video of this guy doing a Great walkthrough, start to finish of how to re-coil those Kanger coils.

I would just search YouTube - "Kanger coil rebuild". The guy has a strong Australian accent, but the walk through is Great. made it look a little too easy. Wish I had a link for ya, but I know you'll find, it is like one of the first ones after you search!

Good luck!

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
appreciate it yeah, tried building three coils today. only one fired LOL. the 2nd two i built was 4 wraps around the same 16 gauge needle. one read 1.9 ohm the other 2 ohm and was excited but i think the kanthal touched the sides either on the top or the legs that come out of the rubber were too long... got lazy and just cut them instead of twisting them off(maybe thats it?)

oh well its fun even if my first attempts didnt go so well. same with DIY e juice started that in december and my first two bottles were nasty but couple months later I have over 5 flavors that are good tasting vapes. slowly but surely... if anyone else can offer up any other suggestions Id really appreciate it. Also is there a really easy RBA tank I could buy to try rebuilding?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
appreciate it yeah, tried building three coils today. only one fired LOL. the 2nd two i built was 4 wraps around the same 16 gauge needle. one read 1.9 ohm the other 2 ohm and was excited but i think the kanthal touched the sides either on the top or the legs that come out of the rubber were too long... got lazy and just cut them instead of twisting them off(maybe thats it?)

oh well its fun even if my first attempts didnt go so well. same with DIY e juice started that in december and my first two bottles were nasty but couple months later I have over 5 flavors that are good tasting vapes. slowly but surely... if anyone else can offer up any other suggestions Id really appreciate it. Also is there a really easy RBA tank I could buy to try rebuilding?

Try the subtank; basically it's a protank that comes with an rba head with post screws so you can screw down your coil instead of tring to fit back the coil with the legs going down to a center pin grommet; it also comes with a replaceable head like the protank head but the head is bigger and so easier to rebuild.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
pretty sure the subtank wont work an an ego. need to find a normal ohm 1.5-2.2 range rebuildable.

That is a common misperception apparently.

It's not the tank, it's the coil.

Wrap a 32 gauge 2 ohm coil on any rebuildable whether it be rta or rda, and you can put that on a simple eGo battery.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
That is a common misperception apparently.

It's not the tank, it's the coil.

Wrap a 32 gauge 2 ohm coil on any rebuildable whether it be rta or rda, and you can put that on a simple eGo battery.

Yep^^^^
1.5-3 ohms is what the EGO batt is made for. Regardless the atomizer attached, if you stay withing the power limits of the battery it will work. The EGO batt can be used with ANY atomizer with either a 510 or EGO thread mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread