Some homemade attys and genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaceoffcake

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Croatia
Put me down for the 2nd body. Mini please :) Some plexi would be nice too, so I don't need to buy 2m of that size too.

What's the weight like on these bodies without batts?

No problem. You are on the list too. And no problem with pleksi because I didn't have a choice and must buy 2m.
GH09.jpg

peaceoffcake

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Croatia
Users who made Genesis atty knows about problems with kanthal, mesh, OD, ID ect...
Accidentally I didn't oxidate mesh correctly and what's happen? I moved left and right silver wires where I put kanthal, mesh was on the bottom of tank (that would be -) and with other wire (with +) I touch top of the mesh and booom, wow, steam, taste .... excelent. I know now what palipoe do - Genesis without kanthal. I know he already say that but I don't understand too much and I be busy with raidy's Genesis. Now is 2 am in Croatia and I go to bed but tomorow I will record another video to see how Genesis work without kanthal. One more thing ... master switch on mod like this ... hehehe, just put the mesh little up from the bottom of tank and ... no circuit :)
Good night.

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
Put me down for the 2nd body. Mini please :) Some plexi would be nice too, so I don't need to buy 2m of that size too.

What's the weight like on these bodies without batts?
Thanks for your consideration,Peace. I agree with Asdaq,some plexi would be very helpful.
Thanks for the video and pictures.

peaceoffcake

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Croatia
Oh, i must open one Excel documents and make list urgent :) No problem guys I allready have about 10 for order. I will ask my turner today for price and later I will calculate all expenses. I will test Hybrid mini and changes are on the top cap - aluminium look like better because dont see through aluminium and maybe more room for switch. Any changes to made I will let you know before close first order list.
Now, new video with Genesis atty without kanthal. Works amazing but I don't know yet how much is battery life with this setting.

Last edited:

nelson996

Sep 27, 2010
Wilts, UK
att2.1.jpg View attachment 25339 View attachment 25340

at last, got it working. it's a slight variation on raidys design, but so far seems to work well. looking to use this style in a possible no kanthal version later on.

used 325 mesh, 2mm diameter with 0.16 kanthal 3 loops. powering it with a 3.6v puck at moment, seems to work well, although a little cumbersome!!

good vapour and sufficient throat hit!! my main stumbling point was oxidising the mesh, took hours of messing about and use of a blow torch.... patience required!!

nelson996

Sep 27, 2010
Wilts, UK
yeah, pretty much. something like this

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/142898-look-no-kanthal-need-advice.html

gonna have to use ptfe to help isolate power source from body. would use plaster/ceramic but can't find an appropriate type to use here in uk. i'm sure there is some around but i don't know what i'm looking for!! ptfe would be best for testing though i think, less work to start with!!

gonna be a case of suck it and see, working with different set-ups. don't have the know how for the electrical/power regulation stuff so will have to compromise for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread