Some initial Terminator observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

comptechltd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
So. IL (St. Louis)
I'm really not sure. There definitely appears to be a vacuum forming in the tank. If I press the button with it up to my ear I can hear it gurgling then it slows down like liquid can't be drawn up the wick anymore. Once I crack the lid it goes back to normal then repeats. I'm not sure where the "makeup air" in the tank is supposed to come from. Again this has never been an issue for me with the Penny.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Steve, with the tank top off, and the o-ring out screw on the collar and look in there from the tank side and see if there is enough space left for the o-ring. I'm thinking there's a better chance that the tank top wasn't machined far enough inside than for the o-ring to be too big, but we shall see I guess when you get your o-rings

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Steve, with the tank top off, and the o-ring out screw on the collar and look in there from the tank side and see if there is enough space left for the o-ring. I'm thinking there's a better chance that the tank top wasn't machined far enough inside than for the o-ring to be too big, but we shall see I guess when you get your o-rings
For all intents and purposes it functions just like a carto tank, when you toke on it it decrease atmospheric pressure on the on the inside so since tank pressure is higher the juice goes in. If not in a vacuum all the juice above the coil would leak out, slowly because it has to travel through the wick but leak just the same.

I meant to quote post #22

Also, not really a vacuum "sealed" would be a better term

Last edited:

comptechltd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
So. IL (St. Louis)
With the o-ring out the lid screws flush as it should I believe. When I ordered my Terminator I ordered a replacement set of O-rings. Tried the replacement with the same results. I also just tried replacing the o-ring with one from a kit I have on hand. Ody spec.'s call for a 2X9 mm all I had was a 1.9 X 8.8mm. I'll see what that does. I'm not sure what else to try at this point.

Steve

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
With the o-ring out the lid screws flush as it should I believe. When I ordered my Terminator I ordered a replacement set of O-rings. Tried the replacement with the same results. I also just tried replacing the o-ring with one from a kit I have on hand. Ody spec.'s call for a 2X9 mm all I had was a 1.9 X 8.8mm. I'll see what that does. I'm not sure what else to try at this point.

Steve

Is there no , well I'll call it a groove even though it is just open space, where the o-ring sits if it were to be in there?

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Steve...... any way you can get a pic of where that O-ring sits? This is really baffling and I am wondering like dwcraig1 is about the machining. This is one of the best machined devices I've seen out of China, but there very well could be one that slipped through the cracks in QC. Thought it might help if we could see where the O-ring goes and if it looks different......

comptechltd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
So. IL (St. Louis)
These aren't the best but do these help.

2013-01-13 23.23.22.jpg 2013-01-13 23.24.25.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Well if the o-ring fits perfectly in the tank top, OD, and fits perfectly on the stem, ID, then it sounds as if it is correct.
Now about your dry hits, you don't want the silica to fit too tightly in the side channels.
Are you wrapping your coil too tight and strangling the wick maybe? gotta ask

since the set up is the same for your Term as well as your Penny I don't know what to say.
The Term is much more forgiving than a Penny, so what ever is working good in the Penny is going to work as good or better in the Term

Last edited:

comptechltd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
So. IL (St. Louis)
Well if the o-ring fits perfectly in the tank top, OD, and fits perfectly on the stem, ID, then it sounds as if it is correct.
Now about your dry hits, you don't want the silica to fit too tightly in the side channels.
Are you wrapping your coil too tight and strangling the wick maybe? gotta ask

I don't think so. Again I do it exactly as I do with the Penelope. In fact after I made the grooves wider I recoiled them both at the same time. Penny works fine.....Term. doesn't. The Term. was doing it with single 2mm silica and with single 2mm silica but doubled under the coil too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread