Some Nembie Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion242

Feb 15, 2011
Richardson, Texas
Hi all,
I ordered a Joyetch 510 starter kit yesterday and am expecting it tomorrow (local shipping). I have a few questions:
It says I am getting 5 pre-filled carts. What are they likely to be filled with?
Says it comes with and atty. What's the difference between carts and attys?
And what makes "manual" batteries "manual"?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Looking forward to being smoke-free soon!!

pandatera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
NY
Carts are reusable. You can clean them and use your own juice.

This thread might help you 510 cartridge tips for beginners

Auto batteries mean you do not need to press the button to vape. I never used one before, but I heard manual are better. I think they said on the auto batteries, there's a hole. And if your not too careful and flood the atomizer with e juice, you might kill the auto batteries. The atomizer screw onto the battery. So the juice will just go into the battery hole if your not careful.

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Buy some ejuice now if you didn't order any!!! A cartridge aka cart does not hold much eliquid. You add eliquid to it whenever it starts making vapor less well. You could go through 5 carts in one day without ejuice.
Some good ejuices vendors
Backwoods Brew (70pg/30vg)
FreedomSmokeUSA (I choose 70pg/30vg when offered)
Velvet Vapors (I like their Velvet Blend PG/VG)

Manual batteries are recommended and used by most people here. Less work, more consistent drags, more sealed against death-by-juice-leak, and won't turn on by accident from wind or vibration. It makes vapor while the button is press. But for the best drags you shift your press and release a bit earlier in time than your drag. Press in... 1/2 to 1 second later start dragging.... let up.. then finish your drag

3 piece ecigarette: battery + atomizer + cartridge (aka cart)

You can also use a 510 as 2-piece with a cartomizer (a cart with a built in atomizer which should last for about a week of refilling): battery + cartomizer. A cartomizer holds more juice and you can vape longer without adding juice.
Blanks
FIVE (5) Joye 510 compatible e-Cigarette blank cartomizers (Manufactured by Boge)
Some prefilled ones
A package of 5 pre-filled 510 or eGo electronic cigarette cartomizers

OgreLokon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Yeah, I ordered 3 bottles of juice.
After a lot of reading, it sounds like an Ego might have been better for me.
I'll get started with the 510 and then see where I end up.
I'm most worried about battery life.

The attys are at least compatible, so all you'd really need is the ego batts and charger. Of course, it would most likely be cheaper to buy an entire kit, but knowing what's compatible is good so you know your options.

Legion242

Feb 15, 2011
Richardson, Texas
Just got it in the mail!!
So, another probably dumb question:
It came packed with a flared inhalation piece, similiar to those things they used to sell to put on your cigs. What is that? I put the cart on and that seems to be what you vape through, right?

Also, I have the 5 pre-filled carts of unknown flavour (tastes like very generic tobacco). I assume I have to use them up before I can add my own juices? Right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread