Some remaining noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
Hello again :)

I noticed that they only let you remain a noob (at least measured by ability to start threads in this part of the forum) for a certain number of posts. I'm not really close yet but I'm always "using up" posts replying to other threads whenever the mood takes me. So I figured I'd better try & get some of my remaining "noob questions" out of the way before that tricksy post count sneaks up on me:

Q1: Do the button protectors you can buy for eGo batteries work well & work on all eGo batteries? I'd like to take my eGo out & about since it vapes better than any other PV that I own but I daren't put it in my pocket for longer than it takes to walk from one part of the house to another in case the button gets pressed & bad things happen. I've found compatible chunky auto batts for sale but reviews tend to agree that if you don't like sucking hard then the battery will for you! The button protector looks like the best/simplest option but I'd really welcome any suggestions. I'm leaving my fave PV at home & vaping my random 808SD when I'm walking and it looks like a cigarette :( I'm in a place now where I really want to distance myself a bit from smoking & start to make a distinction in people who know me's heads if that makes sense?

Q2: Are the atomizers for the eGo-T and the eGo XL the same or compatible? Or is XL just the battery size & everything else is the same as the original one?

Q3: Can a humectant + heat really make such a difference to vapour that nicotine can be absorbed in the lungs like with nicotine in analog smoke? My body's reactions to PVs tell me that this is indeed the case but I originally assumed that it just acted faster through your mucus membranes & not knowing how fast that can potentially feel I'm not 100% certain.

Q4: My sample pack of juice is medium strength coz that strength in the juice was closer to the high strength pre-filled carts/cartos that I'd been vaping up 'til then. It is something like 2mg/ml nicotine less than the prefills though & I've noticed that not only did I start to take less puffs at once more frequently (i.e. maybe 3-4 puffs every 20-30mins rather than 10-12 puffs to smoke a whole roll-up every 40-60mins) but also since I switched to the slightly weaker liquid I've been needing an extra puff each time to get my nicotine "fix". Is that likely to be a real effect of less nic in the vapour or am I just psyching myself out for fear of craving a manky analog if I don't take in what I believe to be enough nicotine? I've been vaping for around a month now roughly speaking and it was all high-strength prefills until I ordered these samples (which also mostly taste delicious, which may be having a psychological effect on consumption I guess :p ). Whichever it is, will it adversely affect my eventual ability to cut down on nicotine content? Which leads me neatly to:

Q5: I have satisfied my own pride and alleviated my loved ones' worries by switching from smoking to vaping. I now feel that I have "really quit" smoking and tell people so if they genuinely ask. Having done so, despite there still being some health risks attached to nicotine consumption I have no plans to quit vaping nicotine containing e juices for the present & don't intend to review the situation for at least a year. Is that bad of me do you reckon? I know that PVs are often sold as smoking cessation aids at least in countries where such claims are allowable to make.

That's enough for now, I don't want to fire off too many q's to a post!

Peace, ethnobot

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
Q1 button protectors work to a point but better to have it in an ego case to be sure or buy a new ego-T battery with the 5 clicks to turn off/on . Q2 do you mean the ego tank and the ego XL tank ? The cartridges for the XL are bigger as well as the spike inside so no they are not compatible . If you mean the ego XL cartridge with filler in it the difference is that it is a bigger atomizer has nothing to do with the battery it will fit on a stock ego battery . Stock ego battery is 650mah and the mega battery is 1000mah . Q3 don't know don't care . Q4 You will notice a drop in nic level and need more maybe :) Q5 I never considered quiting I don't vape for that reason .

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
Q1 button protectors work to a point but better to have it in an ego case to be sure or buy a new ego-T battery with the 5 clicks to turn off/on .

There's that eGo-T again :p maybe I'm fated to play about with it :D

Well, since Bdbodger has answered all your questions, I just wanted to put your mind at ease a little.

Don't worry about getting all your questions in here before the 70 post limit hits.

You can ask any question you want in the General Smoking Discussion threads and still get good (maybe better) answers.

Ok, @ least I don't have to worry each time I reply to something then lol

Cheers guys

JenVose

Jun 14, 2011
Texas
I don't have any experience with anything other than a KR808D-1 which I purchased for the purpose of quitting analogs, but I felt like I could chime in on Qs 4&5.
I have switched to light strength, and I definitely notice that I'm spending a lot more time "puffing" than I was with analogs. I ordered a mixture of light and 0 nic cartomizers, and when I noticed I was "puffing" so much more, I began alternating, so that sometimes I have a light dose and sometimes none at all. I don't seem to increase between just light nic and a mixture of light and no nic, so I guess in a way that's helping me to cut back. Also, right now, I'm really not entirely ready to give up the higher nic levels - but if I'm craving the higher nic, I force my way through one analog a day to get those higher levels of nic. My husband is still smoking analogs, so it's easier for me to just get one - I don't have to have a whole pack around on me, just have to wait until he's around for my one higher dose. And I notice that when I do have that one analog a day, it's gone SOOO much faster than I remember them being gone. I'll often immediately want to puff on my PV when I've just had an analog, whether it's to get the taste out of my mouth or just because I haven't satisfied my "puffing" urge, I don't know.

As for Q5: I say that you have to make a choice that is satisfactory for you. If you feel that the benefits of being a "vaper" over a "smoker" are enough (and after a couple of weeks of vaping, it's quite easy to see that you would definitely feel better), then you are doing what you need to do to take care of you. Don't let anyone else make you feel bad about a habit you are enjoying that's not damaging anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread