Do you find it harder to know when to stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I used to smoke roll ups, by the time I started to get to the end of it my body just didn't want to smoke it anymore, I knew I was satisfied for the time being.

However, when using my vapourizer it seems to be harder to know when you're satisfied. I could take 4 or 5 puffs and have to stop because my bus has came or something, and the craving would have gone away, yet at the same time I could sit there and take 20+ hits and still feel I could easily carry on.

I don't think it's the nicotine strength, it feels like it's just the nature of this method of nicotine consumption that makes it harder to notice.

It's not too much of an issue, but I'm just wondering if I'm building up a nicotine tolerance that I wouldn't have done with regular smoking, and if this could be a problem should I ever decide to quit nicotine, such as making it harder.

Wonder if it's just me, or if other people experience this too :)

pablo_h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
australia
I want to drop nic levels down, use small clearos, and/or switch to drippers for the same reason.

e: When I first started, I went with 24mg juice, and at first it wasn't a problem. In fact I quit smoking straight away and hardly vaped during the day either. Never felt like I needed anything in the early morning, and just a few puffs every hour or so from late morning onwards.
Sometimes I got bored though, and especially late nights at my desk reading forums until early morning I definitely over do it because I can and because I don't need to go outside for a smoke.
So while I say I want to drop nic levels down, use small clearos, and/or switch to drippers, that's because I have poor self control and boredom. Others may not have that problem. I'm only saying it because it's serious, I get full on shakes and feel dizzy after standing up from a internet/vape session sometimes. But I've got so much wrong with me health wise anyway I don't even know if it's the nic that causes it or if it is just exacerbating some other existing problem.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
However, when using my vapourizer it seems to be harder to know when you're satisfied.

I think with a cigarette, it was easy, since there was a beginning (lighting it up) and a clear ending (burned down).

If you are concerned then don't use your PV as a "pacifier".

Due to my deeper philsophical and spirtual ideals, whether it's vaping, eating, money, or anything else, I do not like to over-develop or over-cultivate any kind of *appetites*.

It's also a "thing" with me to maintain a certain amount of discipline over my life. That keeps me from over-spending, over-eating, and generally over-doing a whole lot of stuff in general. :) (We ALL have our "thing" in life that is generally a temptation, mine used to be drinking too much coffee.)

I dunno if that makes sense to anyone else, but anyway :p --- I leave my PV on the counter, I know where it is, if i feel like using it I walk over and pick it up. When on errands if not a hot day I leave in the cup holder in truck, if hot day, I turn it off and drop into my purse, and don't use it til I"m done inside the store/restaurant/appointment

Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
After a while it becomes second nature to watch nic intake. Whether at home or out, I take fully assembled PVs in differing nic strengths. I've learned about my body and know when to switch to lower nic to still enjoy vaping but not overdo. Its really no different than caffeine intake. I also know when to switch to decaf.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Well when I was smoking and was bored I smoked a lot. Same thing with my vaping. But the thing is with my vaping I can vape a low nic so its not a big deal. Only difference is when I do actually get to go out I find that I hardly vape at all cause the cravings are not there like they were with smoking. I enjoy the act and the taste so now I do it cause I want too...not cause I need to.

fretplayer20

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Mobile, AL
I agree with you. IMO it's the method of intake.

1.) I'm not having to walk out in the heat to smoke, hence it's more convenient.
2.) There is really not that same "end of the road" feeling as when you look into your pack and see you have, say, 8 cigarettes left and KNOW you are overdoing it because you know how much you usually smoke.
3.) The taste is so much better.

I used to smoke about a pack a day. Once I moved into my current ego setup, I'm burning out about 3 2ML tanks per day at least. I vape while I drive, watch TV, shop ... hell I think about vaping as soon as I put it down. It's always in my pocket and available and I never have to be inconvenienced to vape it. I even vape at my desk at work all day long. My consumption has increased greatly, but i've never gotten a headache. Having said that, I only use a ~10mg blend, so it's not too overwhelming.

fretplayer20

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Mobile, AL
Well when I was smoking and was bored I smoked a lot. Same thing with my vaping. But the thing is with my vaping I can vape a low nic so its not a big deal. Only difference is when I do actually get to go out I find that I hardly vape at all cause the cravings are not there like they were with smoking. I enjoy the act and the taste so now I do it cause I want too...not cause I need to.

Wow, you just blew my mind. Never realized it until I read your post. I think my need to vape has been overtaken by a desire that's even stronger. :vapor:

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
I found that when I changed my habit from vaping heavily for a few minutes then stopping for a while(like a cigarette) to more moderate vaping but constant, my cravings for a cig went way down. It kept me from lowering my nic level to a point that it seemed like only a cig would satisfy. I vape constantly now but I don't take as big of puffs or suck them down deeply as I used to. I'm working on trying to get where I don't really inhale at all. I plan on gradually cutting down my nicotine starting with my next mix.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I was using 24mg nic juice, but then I went rba's, and had to drop down to 18mg, then my builds got better, and after a vape break, it would take me almost an hour to come down, so I dropped to 12mg, all is good now. on my 20 minute breaks I vape the equivalent of 2 cigs. which is what I was able to smoke per break before I tried to cut down. The main reason I dropped my nic is because I could vape as much as I wanted to, with out getting a nic buzz. big time. lol. I find that I enjoy vapping, really enjoy it. My joy of smoking was more a necessity then a love or joy. My personal feeling is that since vape is so much more flavorful and it's great to switch up flavors, I never bought multiple different flavors of cigs. I never got exited about smoking, and telling my sister or mother the great health advantages of smoking, and how smoking has changed my life, or try to convince others to smoke.... VAPE is NOT SMOKING!!! K, get that through your heads, and stop comparing it to smoking. Vape is in another galaxy, far, far away, and in another demention, than smoking. Plain and simple. If you want to vape more, without over nicing, reduce you nic level. The build I have on the Russian delivers nic better than a cig ever could. I don't vape as much as I do because I need or crave the nicotine, I vape the quantities that I do, because it tastes good, and it's good for me too. It's the right thing to do. Or was that oat bran? lol,

I truly enjoy my Vape, I enjoy sharing with others what I am doing, how I build my own cols, and about making my own juice, when I visited my sister at her jewelry store Monday, I shared with her what I was doing. I actually went there to see if I could score some silver wire, because I ordered a new rba that requires both non resistant wire and resistant wire to build. Her husband offered to take some silver and pull it into wire for me. That's how silver wire is made, you take silver and pull it through a small hole, then you pull it through a smaller hole, then a smaller hole. Sean said it would only take him 15 minutes to pull 3' of it. I couldn't believe they were willing to do that for me, but that's how excited they were about me vaping.

We smoked because we had to, once we were hooked, Cigs were once not so bad, then they went corporate, and then they were modified to grab one by the balls and not let go. Vape has changed all that.

Since I'm into DIY juice, I can easily modify my nic level, whenever I choose. I have 4 rba's and one in the mail, or maybe 2. lol. probably 2.

The problem people are having with vaping is that it's like eating our favorite entrée, or dessert, or steak and never getting full to where you can't eat any more. I can take 2 or 3 good vapes and have my nic needs satisfied, but it taste so good, I can keep on vapping and vapping and then vape some more. Get tired of a flavor, switch tanks, and I can vape some more, that one is good, but to sweet, no prob, I have another flavor in this other tank. lol, get tired of those, well can create a new flavor in just a few minutes, and vape that.

Sorry about the length of this post, and would of never written it about smoking, but vape is not smoking. lol

Vape long and Prosper! then change your tank and vape so more.

Lois2013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
However, when using my vapourizer it seems to be harder to know when you're satisfied. I could take 4 or 5 puffs and have to stop because my bus has came or something, and the craving would have gone away, yet at the same time I could sit there and take 20+ hits and still feel I could easily carry on.

Studies have shown that when smoking an analog, nicotine reaches your blood stream and your brain in seconds...with vaping it takes a lot longer (something to do with the vapor particles being larger and not absorbing as easily and whatnot)....so that probably plays a large role in why we don't feel satiated right away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread