Some very bad person stole my iStick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richrob424

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Virginia
So I have been vaping for a few months now. I started with the ego type battery starter kit bought from a brick and mortar ( you all know the deal, littile carrying case, 650mah battery, junk clearomizer, and bottle of funky juice). I knew after a week I would not stop smoking with that alone. I then went and bought the Vision Spinner 2 and a Protank mini 3. I was feeling quite happy with this setup and went from a pack a day down to 4-6 analogs. I was even feeling better health wise. I soon discovered the vast world of vaping and "needed" the iStick mod. I bought that and threw the Protank mini 3 on it and life was good. I had no problems with my iStick and it was a huge step up from what I was using prior. It "satified" my need of "smoking". Everything was going well untill one day I busted the glass on the tank. I was not gonna let that get me down though. My vaping buddy gave me a some sort of knockoff topper that used the aspire coils ( I beleive it was a Nautilus mini clone of some sort, branded with the local shops name ). Still it fed my habit well. Now let me say I live in a small town and there is 2 brick and mortar shops. I usally would buy my coils from them and a bottle of liquid every now and then but.....I bought my iStick online. Fast forward a couple months now and I live with 2 roommates (one is a total jerk, and the other is a party machine. We all are in our mid 30's). Well recently I get off work and come home to a "party" on a tuesday night (like usual). Now remember I live in a small town and everyone vaping is using the ego type with plastic clearomizer. The brick and mortar shops here selll those and $100 RDA (which only a few friends I know have). Well this particular night my iStick was the talk of the kitchen table. Everyone wanted to try it and push the buttons. "Who can hit it at the higest watt?" type conversations. The night is ending and Im getting ready to go to my room. I set the iStick on its "charger" (just a handmade cutout box I made for it) sitting on the kitchen counter. 8 hours later I hit the BREW button on the coffee maker and reach for the iStick. IT IS FREAKING GONE!!!!!!!!! Now here is the deal. Noone there the night before knew anything about using it or finding the "sweet spot". The thing is that the knock off tank I was using is a 510 thread and I was using the included adapter to ease the wear and tear on the threads. So I am left with a Vision 2 spinner and a tank that just does not fit it. I AM SO ANGRY! I bring it up to my roommate and she is like "no one stole it, you misplaced it". If anyone of you guys and gals are like me, you know where your setup is at all times. So that leaves me with a MARK 3 disposable for now.
Sooooooooo does anyone have a lead on a good deal right now online? I see threre is a 30 watt now available. So if anyone know of a great deal please PM me or reply. I have limited funds right now but do not want to go back to Parliment analogs. Thanks for looking and letting me vent. :ohmy:

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Sometimes people just suck. Sorry your gear got stolen and your roommate(s) couldn't care less.

I imagine you posted your experience so others can read it but a vast majority of readers won't bother to get through more than the first few sentences of a giant block of text. I added a few line breaks so it's easier to follow.

So I have been vaping for a few months now. I started with the ego type battery starter kit bought from a brick and mortar ( you all know the deal, littile carrying case, 650mah battery, junk clearomizer, and bottle of funky juice). I knew after a week I would not stop smoking with that alone. I then went and bought the Vision Spinner 2 and a Protank mini 3. I was feeling quite happy with this setup and went from a pack a day down to 4-6 analogs. I was even feeling better health wise.

I soon discovered the vast world of vaping and "needed" the iStick mod. I bought that and threw the Protank mini 3 on it and life was good. I had no problems with my iStick and it was a huge step up from what I was using prior. It "satified" my need of "smoking". Everything was going well untill one day I busted the glass on the tank. I was not gonna let that get me down though. My vaping buddy gave me a some sort of knockoff topper that used the aspire coils ( I beleive it was a Nautilus mini clone of some sort, branded with the local shops name ). Still it fed my habit well.

Now let me say I live in a small town and there is 2 brick and mortar shops. I usally would buy my coils from them and a bottle of liquid every now and then but.....I bought my iStick online. Fast forward a couple months now and I live with 2 roommates (one is a total jerk, and the other is a party machine. We all are in our mid 30's). Well recently I get off work and come home to a "party" on a tuesday night (like usual). Now remember I live in a small town and everyone vaping is using the ego type with plastic clearomizer. The brick and mortar shops here selll those and $100 RDA (which only a few friends I know have).

Well this particular night my iStick was the talk of the kitchen table. Everyone wanted to try it and push the buttons. "Who can hit it at the higest watt?" type conversations. The night is ending and Im getting ready to go to my room. I set the iStick on its "charger" (just a handmade cutout box I made for it) sitting on the kitchen counter. 8 hours later I hit the BREW button on the coffee maker and reach for the iStick. IT IS FREAKING GONE!!!!!!!!!

Now here is the deal. Noone there the night before knew anything about using it or finding the "sweet spot". The thing is that the knock off tank I was using is a 510 thread and I was using the included adapter to ease the wear and tear on the threads. So I am left with a Vision 2 spinner and a tank that just does not fit it. I AM SO ANGRY! I bring it up to my roommate and she is like "no one stole it, you misplaced it". If anyone of you guys and gals are like me, you know where your setup is at all times. So that leaves me with a MARK 3 disposable for now.

Sooooooooo does anyone have a lead on a good deal right now online? I see threre is a 30 watt now available. So if anyone know of a great deal please PM me or reply. I have limited funds right now but do not want to go back to Parliment analogs. Thanks for looking and letting me vent. :ohmy:

Last edited:

Richrob424

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Virginia
Sounds like you need a keyed locking doorknob on your room till you find better people to be around, I hate thieves, sorry to hear about that.

LMAO!!!!!! It is funny you say that. I actually have a padlock on my bedroom door because my room mate always has "not so good of people" over. The thing is I kept my vape charger and couple tanks near the coffee machine in the kitchen. You know, hit the brew button and get my nic and coffee fix all in one spot. The way I "saw" it was, I pay rent here and should be able to leave various items in the kitchen. Now I did keep all my liquid in my room because I was afraid of people stealing it or even drinking it. lol

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
holy-wall-of-text-batman.jpg

mockery-035.gif

That's what dead bolts are for
rolleye0010.gif

I did the roommate thing for about ten months..I won't live with people I can't trust.

sorry that happened and they do have very tiny locater chips these days btw *lol*

good luck!!! :)

ProtoPherua

Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
Butler, Pa
Dude that's ....ty. I tottaly know how you feel. You are right there is a 30Watt out but there are also 40watts out now as well. I gotta say if your looking for versatility check out and MVP 2.0 OR 3.0 and maybe they have a 4.0? Anyways, these babies come with adjustable voltage and wattage, a hit counter and resistance checker good for when you use your RDA. Yes, it does run rdas ! On top of all that they are decent looking and durable. Did I mention it has pass through capabilities...you can charge this puppy and use it. Charge your USB devices off this...yep you can do that. At a price tag of only about 50 its a great deal for what you get. Check out a pic of it on my album or online.

Happy Vaping!

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Sorry to hear. Mods/systems are valuable beyond their cost. We are trying to lower our nic in a healthy way.

Not everyone wants to lower/get off nic, just saying. I actually just went back up from 3 to 6. I like 6mg MAX VG juices (DIY) and have zero plans to go down. If anything maybe a 9-10mg base for my Kayfun 4 is in order

Richrob424

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Virginia
Sometimes people just suck. Sorry your gear got stolen and your roommate(s) couldn't care less.

I imagine you posted your experience so others can read it but a vast majority of readers won't bother to get through more than the first few sentences of a giant block of text. I added a few line breaks so it's easier to follow.

Ok, cool! Thanks I was really just venting and punding the keyboard like a maniac. Thanks for making it easier to read.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Sorry about the missing istick.

You said tho the 510 threaded tanks won't fit your spinner, so long as the ohms of the heads you are using are high enough for the ego styled batteries, any 510 tanks will fit an ego. May not look great and will be top heavy as all get out, but it will work.

edited to add -- ego threading won't work on straight 510, but straight 510 will work on ego threading so long as the ego threading has the inside threads as well. I have only seen 1 device with ego styled threading this wasn't the case of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread