Some very bad person stole my iStick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Ok, cool! Thanks I was really just venting and punding the keyboard like a maniac. Thanks for making it easier to read.

Funny how I could read that frustration because of the no breaks in text. ;) I've seen you post before and it wasn't at all like that wall that you had up here.

I would say in the future, keep it in your bedroom so you can grab it on the way to the coffee pot. It totally sucks that you cannot trust people that are either in your house, or the ones they invite over. :(

Unfortunately, an expensive lesson learned. Don't trust anyone in your circle. Hopefully you will get a better circle of friends down the road.

Last edited:

Richrob424

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Virginia
Sorry about the missing istick.

You said tho the 510 threaded tanks won't fit your spinner, so long as the ohms of the heads you are using are high enough for the ego styled batteries, any 510 tanks will fit an ego. May not look great and will be top heavy as all get out, but it will work.

LOLOLOL I just figured that out! I didnt think there was 510 threads on the spinner. THERE IS!!!!!!! Im actually having some custard in it while typing. Just wish it put out some more vape. Im not tring to blow clouds but i do like to see the vape.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Did they just steal the iStick or did they steal the charger as well? It seems like there is a greater chance of finding the battery itself in stock than the entire kit (with charger and adapter). Since you said that your's was the first one in the area, you just need to look for someone using an iStick and you will know the thief.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have wanted to order from them but hear sometimes it is a pain in the ..... I heard it usally takes a month or longer to recieve order? Is that true?

Yep, minimum of two weeks and sometimes months.

All kinds of places in the US to get an istick online :). I would go that route.

Sincronicity

Oct 13, 2012
Bug Tussle
Perhaps the individual who took it will show up inadvertently at the next party with it. There you can ask them where they got theirs (website, price, what came with it). Ask them about what 510 is and so forth. See if they'll dig themselves a grave. I think you said something about your tank not having the stock glass. I would think that would be a pretty good give away as to where it came from. If that doesn't work, pull out the pliers and start loosening some fingernails.

Last edited:

cinetrope

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Joshua Tree, CA

Richrob424

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Virginia
Not blaming you for it getting stolen, but why would you leave it out around a bunch of people who you dont know well.

I left it charging next to the coffee maker because I live there and feel like I should be able to leave keys, vapes, smokes, change, etc on my kitchen counter. I was wrong. Shame on them. Next time claw hammer on them.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
RE: ^

It's a convenient location, plus, charging on the kitchen counter near the sink (and possibly a fire extinguisher and smoke alarm) is a lot safer, should something short out or a battery short, than on a dresser full of clothes.

If it were me, I'd probably forego the convenience, buy a charging bag as a safeguard, and keep everything locked in my room.

Doesn't put money in your pocket or gear back on your kitchen counter but I'm sure karma will catch up with the perp eventually.

Last edited:

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I have wanted to order from them but hear sometimes it is a pain in the ..... I heard it usally takes a month or longer to recieve order? Is that true?

Yes, it will take a while since the istick has a built in battery. There has been concerns with batteries venting, and many of the carriers refuse to carry them via air mail. Their reasoning, is if a battery vented, it might catch fire while in flight over the ocean... with no place to land. So, they just stopped carrying them and decided to ship them... (the saying slow boat from China comes to play). Put it this way, I decided to place an order for batteries, since I don't mind waiting, I decided to use their normal shipping option. It was ordered on Feb 6th... it shipped from Fasttech Feb 9th...It still hasn't arrived in the US.

However, I did order some other stuff later, and has since then recieved it. I ordered it march 6th, and it shipped march 11'th... I recieved it on march 27th..

Recently, there is a new option called USPS battery handling.. I haven't tried them yet, so I don't know what the shipping times are like. If I were you though, I wouldn't take the gamble.

I would order somewhere in the US. One place most people overlook, is Mt. Baker Vapor. They are selling the istick 20 for 29.99, but you'll have to pay for shipping if the order is under $50. You could add some juice to that order to make it over $50, and end up with a better deal overall.

Just my :2c:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Nope, can't do this outside of PIF or Classifieds Sorry! Nice thought though :)

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I have wanted to order from them but hear sometimes it is a pain in the ..... I heard it usually takes a month or longer to recieve order? Is that true?

As big of a fan of Fasttech as I am, I Do Not recommend ordering an Istick from them now. I've had a Istick 30w on order for over two weeks that won't ship for another eight business days, if this second, est. ship date is any good.:2c:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
As big of a fan of Fasttech as I am, I Do Not recommend ordering an Istick from them now. I've had a Istick 30w on order for over two weeks that won't ship for another eight business days, if this second, est. ship date is any good.:2c:

I suspect that it has been selling too well and eLeaf needs to manufacture more. On one online website that I saw, they were out of stock, but the site did say that they would be back in stock April 20.

LJGma

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
NV
I left it charging next to the coffee maker because I live there and feel like I should be able to leave keys, vapes, smokes, change, etc on my kitchen counter. I was wrong. Shame on them. Next time claw hammer on them.

Any body would have done this considering it is your home! Bad on room mate for not warning of a party so you could have protected your stuff! I just bought a new istick from my closest B&M they are called Pahrump Valley Vapor and have an online site... use their phone # to call them and order. shipping is fast but you will have to wait till tomorrow cause they are closed sundays! also have a great line of juice no steeping needed.

Sincronicity

Oct 13, 2012
Bug Tussle
Yeah, I think I'd go ahead and move my vapingware to my personal area (bedroom) just to be a little safer and if it's missing, then you could really make a ruckus.

Got to say, until I saw the link to Deals and Steals, I had no idea something like that existed. To put it mildly, I actually exclaimed, Holy Shirt! I had no idea something like that existed. I've gone through 2 Vamo's. Wore them out until the buttons no longer worked. At those prices, I'd have to say they've got to be refurbished. Refurbished is fine by me. I'd rather pay $20 for one that's been fixed and tested than one that has been tested and costs a days work. No way am I going back to analogs. Not when there is Lisa's Peanut Butter Cup available for my Vamo, unless there is a ProVari for the about the same price.

But back to your dilemma. Only trust a true vapor vaper. They'd rather talk about your gear than steal it.

And to cinetrope, thanks a bunch. Just ordered another Vamo and a few dropper bottles. Bookmarked

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread