Someone explain squonker prices to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
You can probably get by living in a shed, drinking water and only eating twigs and nuts. For some that may be a dream but I find joy in other things :D

Laetitia I think she just cursed you :eek:
Now do you buy the 5$ fasttech de-witching ritual or the made in the US shaman dance for 100$ :lol:

Hahahaha... omg I'm laughing so hard..

And I must say, your accusing a lot of others of throwing around curses.. there is a saying you know.. it's called "methinks thee protest too much " so... deflect much? Is this so everyone doesn't look to hard in your direction for the person cursing our poor dear freind?

Hahaha

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm off to dance naked on the bed with combat boots on...

Looking at you... looking at you...

Hahaha

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
Is the difference so noticable? Both are mechs, so no chip to cause variation as long as rda and battery are the same?

The difference is beyond noticeable. The voltage drop on the Pulse is so bad I gave it away to a guy who vapes at .5 ohms and he had to build down to .35 on it. I vape most of my mech squonkers at .18, so I couldn't build down to make it work. At .1 it hit about the same as .18, and I don't like to run that low.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
For my money, I can't see paying any amount to squeeze a bottle of juice inside my mod.
Simply no idea why I'd want to do so.
Though, just as I say live and let live with those who buy (and wear!) men's rompers, have at it. Just not me.
romper.png

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
For my money, I can't see paying any amount to squeeze a bottle of juice inside my mod.
Simply no idea why I'd want to do so.
Though, just as I say live and let live with those who buy (and wear!) men's rompers, have at it. Just not me.
View attachment 730677
That moment when you're not sure whether to laugh or attack.....:lol:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I think its people trying to make a quick buck while they can. Most of these mods in question were designed and manufactured after the FDA's Deeming Regulations cutoff for new ecig products from 8/8/16. When the FDA starts putting "boots on the ground" to enforce the Regulations these manufacturers will be found to be in violation and will quickly disappear.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
They sell their stuff worldwide. And all other countries outside the US don't give a f**k about the FDA. So there are a lot more bucks to be made.;)
That's only true up to a point. Many countries follow the US lead in such matters, and its my guess that Canada, Mexico, and many European nations will follow with similar restrictive practices, if they haven't already.

Vaping is already illegal in many parts of the world, their customs seize vape products coming into the country and prosecute "abusers". And if the US sets up and enforces strict codes for vaping then other nations will follow suit. Its just a matter of time. Sorry that I am such a pessamist, but I've seen too many governments meddle into things that they don't need to.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I think it will all iron itself out in the end. The question for me is how long will it take before there are enough vaper's to demand change.
I admire your optimism, but I believe there are too many forces working against us.

The number of vapers are few comparatively in the world economy. Big Tobacco and Big Pharma have deeper pockets than vaper groups. The FDA is a corrupt government organization and is funded primarily by BT and BP. The general public is ignorant to our cause, and social media supplies fake news and junk science every day about e-cigs.

Hardly a week goes by that a stranger sees me vaping and tells me vaping is more dangerous than smoking. Yeah, they saw that on Face Book so it must be true. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I admire your optimism, but I believe there are too many forces working against us.

The number of vapers are few comparatively in the marketplace. Big Tobacco and Big Pharma have deeper pockets than vaper groups. The general public is ignorant to our cause, and social media supplies fake news and junk science every day.

Hardly a week goes by that a stranger sees me vaping and tells me vaping is more dangerous than smoking. Yeah, they saw that on Face Book so it must be true. :facepalm:
In the years to come there will be more vapers, we have moved past the "it's just a fad" phase. Barring a miracle cure for quitting smoking with zero effort and strength of will vaping will endure.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
In the years to come there will be more vapers, we have moved past the "it's just a fad" phase. Barring a miracle cure for quitting smoking with zero effort and strength of will vaping will endure.
Vaping as we know it now could come to a screaching halt if the current FDA Deeming Regulations go into effect "as is" in the next few years. Vaping as we know it will become a black market.

Smokers hoping to quit via vaping will have nothing but cigalikes to try, and we all know how ineffective those are. No mods, no clearomizer tank with replacement drop-in coils, no or a very few manufactured e-liquids with a variety of flavors will be available. Few new vapers will be willing to make their own e-liquids.

Last edited:

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
That's only true up to a point. Many countries follow the US lead in such matters, and its my guess that Canada, Mexico, and many European nations will follow with similar restrictive practices, if they haven't already.

Vaping is already illegal in many parts of the world. And if the US sets up and enforces strict codes for vaping then other nations will follow suit. Its just a matter of time. Sorry that I am such a pessamist, but I've seen too many governments meddle into things that they don't need to.

Only the Largest one Dollar wise.
Vaping becomes more and more prominent in Europe, and when it comes to legislation, the USA have lost a lot of influence in the EU, due to different decisions in the past few years and particularly months.
Times are changing.;)

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Careful, the EU doesn't have any semblance of a uniform approach to vaping (though exactly that was one purpose of the TPD, go figure). Some countries don't allow cross border sales, Italy just imposed draconian taxes on anything vape related, the 6 months rule isn't implemented the same in all countries.

There's also still some set screws the regulators didn't use yet. As an example, what's child proof in an e cigarette hasn't been defined yet. Is it just a label like on cleaners or does it involve special hardware? Nobody knows, but a strict decision could wipe todays market in the blink of an eye.
Or what does leak-free refill and manipulation resistant mean? Undefined, could be that all rebuildables will be thrown out. It's not over by a long shot and the "save the children" voices just started to get louder here.

The UK was the only voice clearly in favor of vaping and they are leaving soon while trying to figure out what a "Brexit" even is :rolleyes:

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
British laws concerning vaping are a lot harsher than compareable laws in Germany or France, and Italy's laws change faster, than you can say "snap poll". Btw if GB wants to stay in the european home market, which it does, they have to abide by EU law without any say in that matter. Very clever indeed.:rolleyes:

Vaping becomes more and more accepted here though, because more and more people and politicians accept it as a way to quit smoking. I'm pretty sure though, that taxes for nicotine will rise in the next few years. But that's only natural. As I said, times are changing.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
There is a plastic squonk box for sale on another forum right now. Mech squonker. $150 is the asking price.

To me, that's insane..I can see paying that much for a hand crafted wooden squonker or a metal one that will last a lifetime, but not a plastic mod.

Just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread