Something better than SD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

obss

Oct 24, 2008
Romania
Hey

Last time i logged in here was more than 1 y ago and asked for advice in choosing a good, reliable and satisfactory e-cig and decided to go for an SD. I took it, use it and have recently lost it. Now I want to buy another but this thought struck me: why don't just get updated from you guys regarding some new better products that could have appeared meanwhile with which I should go for instead of rebuying another SD...
So, please let me know if there is something else going on sensibly better than an SD.

Thank you very much!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
My first upgrade was to an SD and it worked quite well. But my next upgrade after that was even better than the SD, which was a good 5 volt PV. I would suggest either a good 5 volt PV such as the GLV2: Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor or possibly even a better option is one of variable volt PV's, the ProVari, Darwin, Buzz, Infinity, etc. Much more consistent and better throat hit.

What atomizer you prefer might also influence your choices. The eGo 510 is similar to the SD but it's a 510 atty.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
If you want an "SD type device" - ie 3.7v, mechanical switch (in its current form), simple, bottom button, then the current SD Mk1 from trog is probably as good as any alternative (I'd STRONGLY recommend getting LR901 atomisers to use on it if you go that way and would go Mk1 SD rather than Mk2) and MUCH cheaper than it used to be. If you want different button position, variable voltage etc etc then get something else...

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
To be fair, I'd say that a 1.7ohm LR901 at 4.2v (SD) is very similar to a regular 901 at 5-6v

I completely agree. Been putting my SD with LR901's thru it's paces very successfully for 2 months now. But then again, anything I've used on my SD have done quite well. However - I do weekly maintenance cleaning on this SD. I take it completely apart and clean everything inch of it. Then nolax the threads and close it up. Always vapes better than new every time.
Can't beat the SD for mechanical simplicity. The only time the lanyard is not around my neck is when I sleep. :vapor:It's a Champ.:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread