Something close to success

Status
Not open for further replies.

farrar01

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Washingtax State
Hi ECF peoples,

My name is Rex and I am from SW Washington State. I am finally writing my first post to this forum. I have been skulking around your forum for more than a month now. I have picked up tons of valuable info and tons of useful links.

I have been trying to quit analogs for a very long time. I was at minimum hoping to stave off some of the cravings and at maximum ditch the analogs all together. I have been smoking them for more than 35 years and I am more than ready for a change.

I also started my vaping experience by being suckered into the Smoke Everywhere “FREE TRIAL” offers. These guys are really not doing vaping any kind of a favor. My first experience has been kind of a rocky start. The kit arrived and I was very excited to give my new gadget a try. I had by that point found this forum and had begun my education, so I changed out the dummy cart that they sent with the unit and started trying to use it. They sent me 18 mg TOB flavor carts. I think I got 2 decent hits off them each and then the vapor would drop off to a mimimum. No amount of priming, puffing, or anything else I tried would make it any better. I would play with it for awhile and then put it down and return to my analogs for awhile. Between the foul tasting cart, the nasty aftertaste, the juice getting in my mouth, and the unsatisfying vapor production I was very disappointed in the product.
As I was sitting around dragging on my analogs, I kept coming back to this forum. I actually found the newby section after awhile (the Great Google does not necessarily take you there to start with). I saw post after post of people who were as addicted to cigarettes as I was and THEY were making a go of it without analogs. I kept telling myself to keep trying to make the adjustment and that everybody has to start somewhere.
One day I looked in my mail box and low and behold, there was a new box of carts. I threw them on the seat of the truck and there they sat for a couple of days. I was playing with my e cig in my truck one afternoon and decided to try the new batch of carts to see if they were any better tasting than the original ones. I got one out and popped it on. I was surprised at the first hit as there was a pretty good amount of vapor ( by comparison), the same for the second and third and so on. Suddenly my brain said “Hey! This is pretty good stuff!” It is still not my favorite taste but it does taste better than the analogs ever really did and it has way less garbage in it.
I think that the first carts they sent out must have been faulty because they still don’t work on the atty worth beans. The second batch they sent me was the 11 mg strength. I feel that this is a little low for my needs (at this point) but it is better than smoking analogs. In the last 3 days I have only smoked ¾ of a pack of analogs as compared to my usual 1 to 2 packs a day. This particular E cig is just not capable (in its present configuration) of giving me what I need to make vaping my only source of nicotine. So, after a lot of research on this site and a few others I have now found I ordered a new DSE 905 V2 from MyVaporStore.com. Seemed to be the most reasonable price for the specs I lined out for my next PV purchase. I also got some extra parts for the lab and some new flavors of juice. Hope to god it tastes better than the TOB stuff they sent although I am kinda getting used to it. BTW: Kudos to MVS.com, My order shipped in less than 4 hours.

I would like to take a moment to thank all of you who have posted before me and the creators of this site. You have saved me from spending a ton of money that I can’t afford and have helped me to stay the course and give vaping a fair try. I am finally hopeful that I have found a replacement for analogs.

maxx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
PA, USA
www.omnimaxx.com
In short....you will quit cigarettes, you will save money, you will feel healthier. Just don't try to do it all at once. Get quality stuff first and get comfortable. Then start looking to shave dollars. By then....you will likely be already kicking the analogs to the curb. That's my advice...and how I am proceeding. Working for me. :)

I B BOB

Jan 31, 2010
Lake Effect Snow, IN
Welcome to stage I, finding a PV that works for you. I don't think you can go wrong with the 905, it uses a 901 atomizer so if you find it to be a little lacking on throat hit you can easily find an adapter to put a joye 510 atomizer on it. the 901 atomizer has female threads and the 510 has male threads.

You took the crucial first step, that is what matters, you know the old "every journey begins with the first step" thing.

Congrats and good luck!

farrar01

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Washingtax State
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have seen posts from all of you as I was "skulking around" the forum. All good info. I have no illusions about getting analog free overnight, this is a monster that was created over a long period of time and it will not go quietly into ablivion. (had to get dramatic there) I hope that eventually I will be able to help someone on this forum the way you all have helped me. BTW 5 card, I'm down between Chehalis and Toledo. Closer to Toledo.

terrie1

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Centralia WA
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have seen posts from all of you as I was "skulking around" the forum. All good info. I have no illusions about getting analog free overnight, this is a monster that was created over a long period of time and it will not go quietly into ablivion. (had to get dramatic there) I hope that eventually I will be able to help someone on this forum the way you all have helped me. BTW 5 card, I'm down between Chehalis and Toledo. Closer to Toledo.
Welcome to the forum from your next door neighbor:)

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
Welcome Rex! Nice to see another "veteran smoker" wanting off the old-nasties :) I was a die-hard life long smoker - it's actually awful for me to even think about how much or how long I clung to those fire-sticks.

Like ejoker, I feel really fortunate as well for being able to make the immediate transition to vaping. I'm proud of myself! I just passed the 3 week mark - I didn't think it was possible! It was not only possible, it's so much better and - effortless, painless and fun!

Good Luck! It's a process - you'll do it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread