Something odd going on with my setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazarada

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
buttville
Im using a vamo+rsst, lately something strange has been happening, its shorting out and keeps shutting down the vamo. I took the atty apart and checked everything and concluded there is no possibility for a short anywhere, checked the vamo socket.. everything seems ok and i dont get this problem with combining either of them with any other atty/battery. It mostly occurs when the rsst is screwed down all the way so it doesn't wobble in the socket, i checked the ohms and it gives me all kinds of numbers from 0.1 to 5 (all though the current coil on it is 1.4). I tried adjusting the center pin on the rsst resulting in either no connection at all or same issue. Anybody else experience this? real strange.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have seen posts with similar issues with the Vamo Its a cheap mod cant expect much. You could try buying another or just dont use the RSST on it. You might try a 510 to 510 adapter It could by pass the issue.

I've read the same thing with the Vamo with various juice delivery devices. Pretty sure it's a Vamo issue. Maybe check the Vamo sub-forum for clues.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Try a 510/510 adaptor -- that should solve any problem and is a recommended fix for the Vamo thread problems.... Also, I think (without looking it up) that the low-end resistance on a Vamo is 1.3 ohm... If the resistance drops below that the Vamo won't fire... I think...

This is just a guess but Id imagine whats happening is your putting pressure on the circuit board causing it to malfunction. The RSST might just be made in such away that it makes this happen on your Vamo.

Oomee

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
UK
afaik the minimum for vamo is 1.2

i have a multimeter, to what guessing are you referring to?

For instance , do you know if it is the atty or the mod ?
A basic diagnosis system is the "half split" , use whatever works for you but establish if something is good or bad before moving on to the next .

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Try a 510/510 adaptor -- that should solve any problem and is a recommended fix for the Vamo thread problems.... Also, I think (without looking it up) that the low-end resistance on a Vamo is 1.3 ohm... If the resistance drops below that the Vamo won't fire... I think...

That is correct. Anything below 1.2 won't go on a Vamo. A 510-510 adapter does resolve most threading issues on the Vamo. That mod's only serious shortcoming is the weak, soft metal threads and some 510 devices not playing well with the connection.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I am struggling to see how the 510 connection is causing a short circuit .
Now , I do not own any of these devices so ....

The OP states that neither device is showing a short circuit (I presume that he tested them with his multi meter and not the vamo) .
Its not necessarily a short as I stated pressure on the circuit board can cause the mod to malfunction

hazarada

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
buttville
Did some tinkering, turns out its just crappy socket construction. I started lifting the center pin using the method i saw in a picture (going round with a tiny flathead) but that just made it worse so after trying up and down i lifted it out all together. I think the little o ring that supposed to separate the center pin (its shaped sorta like a fat screw) from the socket just got too weak and couldn't keep it upright. I wrapped a tiny piece of tape around the center pin from the top to where the exposed wire ended and pushed it back in. Working perfectly now :D

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Did some tinkering, turns out its just crappy socket construction. I started lifting the center pin using the method i saw in a picture (going round with a tiny flathead) but that just made it worse so after trying up and down i lifted it out all together. I think the little o ring that supposed to separate the center pin (its shaped sorta like a fat screw) from the socket just got too weak and couldn't keep it upright. I wrapped a tiny piece of tape around the center pin from the top to where the exposed wire ended and pushed it back in. Working perfectly now :D
Glad you got it working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread