Something Strange With Juice Happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
Today, I finally started using the sample of White Chocolate I got from Vapor Bomb today.

I let it sit out for a couple of weeks to really enjoy the vape. The smell got really strong, and it tasted wonderful after letting it sit out.

But something strange happened today. I noticed after vaping on it for awhile, that it extremely dark in my tank. The juice in the bottle is very light colored, and clear. But suddenly it was very dark, almost like I melted a chocolate bar and put it in my tank.

I blew out the atty into a paper towel, and it looks almost.. burnt? Very gross, again like I melted a chocolate bar onto a paper towel. I would get a picture, but I'm lacking a camera.

This has never happened before, and seeing how this is the first time using this juice, I am probably not going to use it again, it made me walk away with a weird experience.

Has anybody EVER had this happened before? This is extremely strange, and after a month and a half of vaping, I've never even heard of this happening before.

Juice in the bottle is very light colored, but what I cleaned out of my tank and atty is almost DARK chocolate colored..

Very strange.

Any ideas? Discontinue use of the juice?

I'm now vaping on another juice, with no problems, same equipment.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Ive had this happen before with a flooded tank atty. Juice around the coils does in fact get sort of "burnt" from the heating element... causes even the clearest liquids to turn a caramel color. I've noticed it more on sweeter-tasting vapes. I wouldnt stop using the juice... worse case scenario, it gunks up your coil... you can rinse, dry burn, rinse, dry burn and its back to new!

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
LR Ego-T atomizer. It seems to be fine, and I haven't any other problems with the juices I've been vaping on the past couple of weeks.

The best way I can describe the juice I blew out and cleaned out of my tank was .. almost burned like. The napkin I blew the atty into, after letting it sit out, has a sort of ...burnt film on it.

Very strange.

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
Ive had this happen before with a flooded tank atty. Juice around the coils does in fact get sort of "burnt" from the heating element... causes even the clearest liquids to turn a caramel color. I've noticed it more on sweeter-tasting vapes. I wouldnt stop using the juice... worse case scenario, it gunks up your coil... you can rinse, dry burn, rinse, dry burn and its back to new!

Yeah, after removing the atty I noticed that the threading on my Ego-T battery was covered in the dark juice, almost as if it somehow flooded, so this is probably the same thing that happened to you? I guess I was just being paranoid of a bad juice batch and some sort of chemical reaction. Rather silly, but thanks for the clarification. :)

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
The same thing happened to me with English Toffee from VB, but then it cleared up (I use cartos). Did it taste awful? Mine didn't, but vapor production was diminished.

I wonder if some of the sweeteners have a lower tolerance for heat. I chalked it up to me flooding the carto.

No, it tasted the same as it had all day when I was vaping on it. I did, however, notice the vapor production ceasing quite noticeably, that's when I took a look at my tank and noticed the drastic change in color, etc. It sounds like you might be on to something though.

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
I've had some of my fruit flavors turn a bit brown in the carto too, and if I take short puffs, they will clear up. It has to be a pool sitting close to the atomizer that kind of "cooks" I think.

I wouldn't worry about it if the taste was okay. I love VB juices - but have only tried 4 different vendors so far.

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
definitely the sweetners think about peanut brittle goes from white melted sugar to clear to caramelized to burnt in just a few seconds on the heat. With a tank that goes back up into the tank and you can see it. in other situations it gunks up your atomizer and it dies--in cartos it clogs and then the filler starts to burn.

it is probably a juice issue--but not so mysterious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread