Somewhat of an ERA clone (reviewish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
So as many of you know I'm an IGO L .......yeah i own 21 right now, and 20 more on the way...

anywho i figured id try a different rda, but im very picky hence when i find something i like, i buy a lot in fear of not having access to them down the road.

The Choice RBA was something I took a chance on, more expensive than I wanted to spend on a "trial" but well worth it with a few exceptions.

It is VERY close to the design of the ERA which I have been wanting to get, but not wanting to spend $80 on.

The Choice was a good choice (hah) for me for a few reasons.
1. all stainless steel
2. adjustable airflow (which is awesome)
3. pretty ok looks (and it came with a sweet drip tip ill never use but give to a friend or something lol)

The good:
amazing vape and airflow. The posts are very easy to setup a good coil on, and the 3 piece design with 3 airholes (3x 1mm) allows you to have 1x 1mm, 2x 1mm or 3x 1mm holes pumping good ole oxy onto the coil. I prefer 3x 1mm and it rips.

the bad:
the o rings...the holes had some pretty gnarly burs on them and they chewed up the o rings and they are thin enough to begin with. I polished the inside of the airholes to smooth them out and they are fine now, but the o rings are not.

I found replacement o rings so no biggie, but overall this thin is buil well and for $16 it's a great rda

anyone looking for a good rda similar to the ERA not wanting to spend a boat load on it should check it out. I still prefer the IGO L because of the size, this Choice RBA is rather tall about twice as tall as the IGO L, so for you stealth vapers it's not the best.

-TCAD

/review(ish) thingy
:2c:
:toast:

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
Fear not, they are indeed good, so good I'm trying to place a wholesale order for them to get the price down for myself, but unlike the IGO L (where MOQ was 20) these had an MOQ of 100...i talked the rep down to 50 but it's $8/piece and that's still $400 hahaha. it is good, just trying to decide if it's worth having 50...and people who think that's crazy, it's not. People drop close to $200 on a good genesis and i've seen people with over 10 or so of those (do the math there), so 50 of a solid atty, and only spending the price of 2 of those higher end genesis attys isn't too crazy. I have some DID standards, and i really am just not into gennys, drippers are where it's at for me and this one will be a keeper for sure. Can never be too prepared for the zombie apocalypse...

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Worth having 50 for yourself? On top of 40-some Igo-Ls? Holy cow. I sometimes order a second of a device I like and feel guilty when it just sits in the drawer months later...

Those zombies better have a taste for RDAs. :D

After the zombie apocalypse, those RDAs will be the new currency.

Sent from the ether using the power of my mind... and the Tapatalk app.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
i don't keep them all, i do often gift things to friends. actually quite frequently i feel like giving stuff to friends and just toss them something. Gave friends MODs, carto tanks, attys, drip tips, etc. I feel if i can get something for cheap, pass it along

-TCAD

Can I be your friend?

LOL

I'm having a hell of a time convincing my wife I need to spend more money on vaping stuff.

Sent from the ether using the power of my mind... and the Tapatalk app.

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
I'd like to get in that line as well. :)

Move to central IL and vape with me hahaha then i'll be tossing you RDAs like it's nothing. I've already given away 4 or more RBAs to friends, and that was when i only had 5 lol. I gave away 4 and left myself with one, then was like well...that was fun, i need more of these things...also StaircaseWit, did you see the built photos i posted of the IGO L in the IGO L thread? that's my build to maximize the juice that gets used in that atty. since the well is so big you need to have wick covering most of the bottom, or its not as effective.

-TCAD

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
Move to central IL and vape with me hahaha then i'll be tossing you RDAs like it's nothing. I've already given away 4 or more RBAs to friends, and that was when i only had 5 lol. I gave away 4 and left myself with one, then was like well...that was fun, i need more of these things...also StaircaseWit, did you see the built photos i posted of the IGO L in the IGO L thread? that's my build to maximize the juice that gets used in that atty. since the well is so big you need to have wick covering most of the bottom, or its not as effective.

-TCAD

Yes I did. I haven't rebuilt yet since it's running so well and I only have 2mm silica at the moment. But I'm going to try your method when I do rebuild. Thanks for the pics. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread