• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Sorry, I don't smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Went to the Brewers/Giants game yesterday with this new fella...and on our way over to the stadium, this guy walked up and asked....

"Hey, do either of you have a cigarette I can buy off you?"

Do you know how FREAKING good it felt to say "Sorry, I don't SMOKE."

I did the little happy dance all the way up the walkway (well, OK, some of the happy dance was for the guy I was with, too :D)

But, seriously...to be able to say that........IT NEVER GETS OLD!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Nope...didn't vape a bit all the way there or back....didn't feel the need to whip out gear at all.

I'm finding that, occasionally. I think the turning point was when the prodigy kicked out on me and the fistpack was up in Canada....was reduced to the little laser mod @ 3.7v....and I found out how much I could NOT vape and still be normal (shaddup! :D)

Doubled my efforts to go back DOWN in nic strength, and now, occasionally, just don't feel the need to pull gear.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Nope...didn't vape a bit all the way there or back....didn't feel the need to whip out gear at all.

I'm finding that, occasionally. I think the turning point was when the prodigy kicked out on me and the fistpack was up in Canada....was reduced to the little laser mod @ 3.7v....and I found out how much I could NOT vape and still be normal (shaddup! :D)

Doubled my efforts to go back DOWN in nic strength, and now, occasionally, just don't feel the need to pull gear.

Does new guy know you vape?

(seems strange to ask that....like there's something wrong with it.....like smoking....)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
yes, he knows....I'm not shy about my gear in public. But in deference to him (he doesn't smoke at all...allergic) I don't vape in his car, house, etc. More polite that way. When we're outdoors, I indulge..but, again...I'm finding I don't need it as often.

Now, granted, it could be the excitement of learning a new guy and all...but...dayam. I might be heading to total nicotine abstinence here, VOLUNTARILY, and that's a bit scary in and of itself.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
yes, he knows....I'm not shy about my gear in public. But in deference to him (he doesn't smoke at all...allergic) I don't vape in his car, house, etc. More polite that way. When we're outdoors, I indulge..but, again...I'm finding I don't need it as often.

Now, granted, it could be the excitement of learning a new guy and all...but...dayam. I might be heading to total nicotine abstinence here, VOLUNTARILY, and that's a bit scary in and of itself.

How cool is that!!!!
Who cares really what the reason is, the bottom line is <gasp> ....you mean you have been able to step away from analogs at YOUR own pace which lead to you be able to step away from nic at YOUR own pace.....

But wait -- this can not be possible!
  • There hasn't been a gazillion dollar study that says this is possible!!
  • The ABCXYZ gang says that this isn't possible!!
  • What about the children!!
:facepalm:

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
How cool is that!!!!
Who cares really what the reason is, the bottom line is <gasp> ....you mean you have been able to step away from analogs at YOUR own pace which lead to you be able to step away from nic at YOUR own pace.....

But wait -- this can not be possible!
  • There hasn't been a gazillion dollar study that says this is possible!!
  • The ABCXYZ gang says that this isn't possible!!
  • What about the children!!
:facepalm:

The gazillion dollar study is simply the tip of that particular iceberg, though....the big hunk o ice under the surface is those who think they're IN THE KNOW thinking they know the best way to 'cure' another and not letting the individual moderate their OWN bodies.

I've known....really KNOWN in the pit of my stomach, that I'll never touch a tobacco cigarette again for probably close to a year - not even if Armageddon happens tomorrow and all PV gear is magically removed from the face of the Earth. There's been too much introspection since that first little 901 kit. Too much of a journey into addiction in general and mine in particular. And far too much eyes-being-opened to the true nature of the nanny state.

Tell you what I think I'd do in the face of a PV Armageddon. I'd go with one of the other alternative products - such as the orbs or sticks or dissolvables. That'd take care of the nicotine aspect of the addiction...unless, of course, I can continue the weaning down process.

For the hand to mouth - a cigarette holder liberally dosed with a cinnamon or clove or fruity food flavoring additive - enough to get a scent, a slight taste. And, with such a potent flavoring additive - I might get a suggestion of throat hit with direct-to-lung inhale. No visible vapor, but I CAN survive without that (did it for days with the laser mod - lol)

Hmmmm - I might just have to explore that, to see if its a viable theory.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
The gazillion dollar study is simply the tip of that particular iceberg, though....the big hunk o ice under the surface is those who think they're IN THE KNOW thinking they know the best way to 'cure' another and not letting the individual moderate their OWN bodies.

I've known....really KNOWN in the pit of my stomach, that I'll never touch a tobacco cigarette again for probably close to a year - not even if Armageddon happens tomorrow and all PV gear is magically removed from the face of the Earth. There's been too much introspection since that first little 901 kit. Too much of a journey into addiction in general and mine in particular. And far too much eyes-being-opened to the true nature of the nanny state.

Tell you what I think I'd do in the face of a PV Armageddon. I'd go with one of the other alternative products - such as the orbs or sticks or dissolvables. That'd take care of the nicotine aspect of the addiction...unless, of course, I can continue the weaning down process.

For the hand to mouth - a cigarette holder liberally dosed with a cinnamon or clove or fruity food flavoring additive - enough to get a scent, a slight taste. And, with such a potent flavoring additive - I might get a suggestion of throat hit with direct-to-lung inhale. No visible vapor, but I CAN survive without that (did it for days with the laser mod - lol)

Hmmmm - I might just have to explore that, to see if its a viable theory.

do you like the clove flavor? I purchased a little sample and I think I still have some left (I was trying to make myself like it LOL). Let me know & if I have it, I'll pack it along.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread