• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Miller Park really cracking down on vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Went to the game this Saturday night with my semi-vaping bud.
Sometime around the 7th inning, security came by and called my friend over from her seat. He was pleasant and informed her there was no smoking in the seats. Confused, she said she wasn't smoking in the seats. He said that they saw the smoke. She chuckled and said "oh, that was just my e-cigarette"
"I'm sorry, we don't allow e-cigarettes in the stadium". Normally, she would have debated the issue with him, but because we were a guest in the seating area, she just apologized and said she wouldn't do it again.
On her way back to her seat, she punched me.
I had been, not really stealthing, but not blowing it around either so the vaping police didn't notice I had been doing it the whole game. I think that was only the first or second time she had used hers the whole game LOL

On our walk out, I noticed the girl next to me had an eGo too. We struck up a conversation and she said they busted her friend too. What's funny is she was basically preaching the good word when people around her asked about it. They had no problem and thought it was awesome.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it's semi-private property, but sheesh.....

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Now, I wonder what they might have said if she had responded, "Oh, that was just my steamer/personal vaporizer/inhaler".
Think they might have backed off?

Seems to me that calling it a "something-cigarette" is the trigger.

IKWYM, and I have actually explained it was my personal electronic nicotine inhalation system with a straight face to a security figure before lol

Truth be told, the park does have a no vaping policy in place, so employees are aware of them, no matter what they are called.
I had just never seen/heard of them swooping in so quickly before.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Wonder if someone whined to the vaping police?

Just have to remember - if you're going to vape in Miller Park - you gotsta STEATH.

Someone did last year, which is why they put it in place.
I pretty much stealth everywhere but bars or outside so it's second habit anymore, but friend has a different take on it and can fight her own battles LOL
:vapor::vapor::vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread