Sounds like the doctors may be starting to see the potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
From the article:
The American Heart Association, in a policy statement released today, said physicians shouldn’t discourage e-cigarette use as a last resort to drop a smoking habit.

It's a small step in the right direction and I would like to see all opposition to follow the lead of AHA.

Last edited:

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm glad to see the AHA is being more responsible now :thumb:

As for the article, this just jumped out at me:

E-cigarettes typically contain nicotine and none of the tobacco or tars, arsenic and other chemicals found in traditional cigarettes. The devices are battery powered and produce a vapor to mimic smoking. Lorillard Inc. (LO) agreed to sell the popular Blu e-cig brand to Imperial tobacco Group Plc (IMT) as part of its proposed acquisition by Reynolds American Inc. (RAI).

Did anyone else feel like that sentence was really out of context with the rest of the article? It seems awkwardly thrown in there. There is no other discussion on e-cigarette industries in the article besides this sentence, and it's completely out of place. It looks like someone tossed that in at the last second for the sole purpose of making sure the readers know that this industry is part of the evil tobacco industry.

Cripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread