Spilt e liquid HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Hair

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2018
hey everyone.
I was filling a pod and spilt a drop od 24 mg nic salt on my shirt and a small amount went iver the side of the pod. I put the pod and bottle of juice in the sink and went to the washroom to rinse my shirt. I had to walj through a common area where my kids play. I dont think that is likely that any would have dripped from me and i am likely being over careful and paranoid but in the chance that a single drop of wjuuce were to fall and not be seen would this be dangerous hours after the fact? Does nicotine evaporate or dry up? Again i believe its highly unlikely that such a amall amount would drip from my clothes it was already absorbed into my t shirt and i had very little on my hands but cant be too safe with little ones around.

Thanks

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

JJ Hair

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2018
hey everyone.
I was filling a pod and spilt a drop od 24 mg nic salt on my shirt and a small amount went iver the side of the pod. I put the pod and bottle of juice in the sink and went to the washroom to rinse my shirt. I had to walj through a common area where my kids play. I dont think that is likely that any would have dripped from me and i am likely being over careful and paranoid but in the chance that a single drop of wjuuce were to fall and not be seen would this be dangerous hours after the fact? Does nicotine evaporate or dry up? Again i believe its highly unlikely that such a amall amount would drip from my clothes it was already absorbed into my t shirt and i had very little on my hands but cant be too safe with little ones around.

Thanks
First of all 24mg is not strong enough to do damage. And once it dries, it is harmless.

:)
will it dry in a matter o f a few hours?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
will it dry in a matter o f a few hours?
You are talking about such a small amount....one drop and it absorbed into your shirt? Change your shirt, wash your hands and wipe off the mod. I don't think one drop is enough liquid to absorb into your shirt and have enough left to drop anywhere.

JJ Hair

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2018
You are talking about such a small amount....one drop and it absorbed into your shirt? Change your shirt, wash your hands and wipe off the mod. I don't think one drop is enough liquid to absorb into your shirt and have enough left to drop anywhere.

Like i said before probably being paranoid. Bit thank you for putting my mind to rest. Good night.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You are fine. Your kids are fine. As a general rule, nicotine liquid is ONLY dangerous if it's in the types of concentrations you buy for like things where you need a hazmat suit and a chemical hood and etc, like, totally pure nic.

Also and I do like to point this out: Poison control number: 1-800-222-1222.

Use it for ANYTHING you are concerned about don't consult an internet board. Luckily your fears were baseless but if they weren't well, the Poison control number is just a good thing to use. You'd be shocked how many times something CAN be done at home (like, giving a poisoned person hydrogen peroxide to make them vomit, milk to help coat the interior lining of the stomach and etc.

I tout this number every time and I'd HOPE they'd be objective/knowledgeable about eliquid (who knows with the government these days, but better safe than sorry, so if they did freak out, well at least they would tell you your next steps.)

But, it's just a good habit to get into and all parents with small kids should have and use it. I did, my toddler ate an Advil my stepfather dropped. I was 99% sure he would be just fine, but I wanted to be 100% sure, which I was after that call.

Learn it. Use it. Etc.

Anns-a

JJ Hair

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2018
You are fine. Your kids are fine. As a general rule, nicotine liquid is ONLY dangerous if it's in the types of concentrations you buy for like things where you need a hazmat suit and a chemical hood and etc, like, totally pure nic.

Also and I do like to point this out: Poison control number: 1-800-222-1222.

Use it for ANYTHING you are concerned about don't consult an internet board. Luckily your fears were baseless but if they weren't well, the Poison control number is just a good thing to use. You'd be shocked how many times something CAN be done at home (like, giving a poisoned person hydrogen peroxide to make them vomit, milk to help coat the interior lining of the stomach and etc.

I tout this number every time and I'd HOPE they'd be objective/knowledgeable about eliquid (who knows with the government these days, but better safe than sorry, so if they did freak out, well at least they would tell you your next steps.)

But, it's just a good habit to get into and all parents with small kids should have and use it. I did, my toddler ate an Advil my stepfather dropped. I was 99% sure he would be just fine, but I wanted to be 100% sure, which I was after that call.

Learn it. Use it. Etc.

Anns-a
I appreciat the number. I was 99% that I was being over caussious. I am very careful and responsible with storage of ejuice and were i fill my mods pods etc.... it happened late and i was pretty certain that i didnt spill any but my mind was playing tricks on me and wanted to ask the question for peice of mind. If there was a real threat i would reach out to helth canada or poison control. Thanks again for your experience.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread