Spinner charging question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
I've been happily using my spinner since they became available.. bit cluelessly. It seems to charge extremely quickly, but at the same time only lasts a few hours.

When it charges, the charger flashes green/red, with the spinner occassionally flashing. When the spinner stays "unlit" and the charger is a solid green, I assume it is fully charged. Can someone confirm?

Also, when I disconnect, the spinner flashes multiple times. Is this ok? Does the number of flashes mean anything?

EDIT: My x2 650 takes about 8 hrs to charge, where my spinner only seems to need about 3 hrs, and only lasts about 1/2 as long.

Last edited:

Mamacruz13

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Conroe, Tx
I have been wondering the same thing about mine. Mine does the exact same thing and I don't know if that's normal or not lol. The spinner has a shorter life between charges because of the VV, so I think that's normal. I'm really surprised by the short charge time though, not that I'm complaining but its very different compared to all the other PVs out there, makes you think something isn't right.

trichman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
USA
Your X2 runs at 3.6-3.7volts. Any voltage setting over that will reduce the your vape time. When I run my 650 spinner at 3.7, it lasts as long as my X2 does per charge. Also new batteries take less time to charge and the charger we use to charge the spinners is a little faster than the X2 or a mini. That is normally true about the ego too because the charger is the same type.

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
Sorry for the delay in responding.

I've run it at 3.4v [for CE3s], and it still has a short life relative to the x2. I prefer 4.2v for T3's. However, the real question is the charge time. When fully charged, should the green charger light stay on solid?

If yes, my spinner charges really fast, which is good. Not complaining, just wanna make sure I am using it properly. I'm stocked for HW, but I am really itching to get a 1300 spinner now.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
So, I went to charge my spinner today, and the light was immediately green and stayed green. I unscrewed it and rescrewed it in a couple of times wiith the same results. I left it plugged in while I went to work tonight, about six hours, just to see if it would charge despite the light staying green. Nope, took it off the charger and attached a T3 and the battery immediately blinked like it still needed charging. I've only had the battery and charger for about a week now, and have successfully charged it 2 or 3 times before todays attempt. Do I have a defective charger? Any suggestions?

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
did you try cleaning the threads? and pulling up the battery post?
So, I went to charge my spinner today, and the light was immediately green and stayed green. I unscrewed it and rescrewed it in a couple of times wiith the same results. I left it plugged in while I went to work tonight, about six hours, just to see if it would charge despite the light staying green. Nope, took it off the charger and attached a T3 and the battery immediately blinked like it still needed charging. I've only had the battery and charger for about a week now, and have successfully charged it 2 or 3 times before todays attempt. Do I have a defective charger? Any suggestions?

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ

My first guess is to see if you have juice on the battery. All of my batteries seem to misbehave when the terminal has fluid on them. Also check the charger for fluid.

Also, do you take long drags? I noticed lately I do.. The spinner seems to have a slighter shorter cut off... maybe 8 seconds instead of the 10 second or so cutoff of x2's.... or maybe its just in my head.

Last edited:

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Update-I was finally able to get my spinner to charge last night. I rescrewed it into the charger one more time and the light finally went to red. Maybe their was a drop of liquid on the battery, or I wasn't screwing it in far enough. It's strange though, because I have an ego twist and vision spinner and never had a problem charging them. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread